SportsWrath

Sportswrath Chooses...what should the Giants do?

Virginia Giant

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who should the next Giants head coach be?

• Jim Schwartz (DC, Eagles)
    • Josh McDaniels (OC, Patriots)
    • Mike Smith (DC, Bucs)
    • Pat Shurmur (OC, Vikings)
    • Frak Reich (OC, Eagles)
    • Steve Wilks (DC, Panthers)
    • Eric Studesville (Assistant HC/RB Coach, Broncos)
    • Steve Spagnolo (DC, Giants)
    • Jim Harbaugh (HC, Michigan)
    • Dave Toub (ST Coach, Chiefs)
    • Teryl Austin (DC, Lions)
    • Todd Haley (OC, Steelers)
    • Bill Callahan (Oline coach, Redskins)
    • John Fox (HC, Bears)
    • Bill O'Brien (HC, Texans)
    • David Shaw (HC, Stanford)
    • Brian Kelly (HC, Notre Dame)
  2. 2. Who should the Giants Draft in the 1st round?

• Josh Rosen (QB, UCLA)
    • Sam Darnold (QB, USC)
    • Baker Mayfield (QB, Oklahoma)
    • Saquon Barkley (RB, Penn State)
    • Other player at pick 2
    • Trade down and take best QB available
    • Trade down and take BPA
    • Other

Be nice to trade down to either the Broncos or the Jets depending who will pay more and taking the top Left Tackle in the first round.

If they do end up going with a QB in the first round, I think they need to see if Eli can get traded, maybe to Jacksonville.... after watching them play yesterday, they are competent QB away from a Superbowl run

A toss up between Shurmer and Reich... (selected Shurmer)... and Barkley for RB (despite really wanting Rosen but I like Webb)

Shurmur is interesting, I wouldn't hate it if he signed. I think that offense does have more weapons than most though. I like Reich because I've heard he gets a lot of credit for Wentz's progression and that offense was stellar.

McDaniels and trade down for multiple picks

The more I think about it, the less I see trading down happening. There's probably 4 or 5 first round qbs this year, ava while there are a lot of teams looking to draft them, I don't see a big return unless a team like the Broncos really falls in love with Rosen of Mayfield enough to give up the house to move up.

This thread should get way more love. Nice work, VG.

Btw, Barkley and McDaniels.

If Webb is a franchise qb, Barkley is the way to go. But I don't know much about what offensive line talent is in the draft.

If we can coax the jets into giving up a 1 st in the next year or two, I'd be more comfortable trading down because that pick is likely to be much higher than the Broncos.

The latest HC news according to NFL.com

New York Giants

The Giants have requested to interview Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. If granted, the interview would have to wait until Philadelphia's season is over. The Giants interviewed Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia on Friday. Both were interviewed in Foxborough, Massachusetts, by Giants president John Mara, general manager Dave Gettleman, and assistant general manager Kevin Abrams, the threesome conducting the initial interviews. Giants chairman Steve Tisch will meet with the candidates later in the process.

The Giants are scheduled to interview Panthers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks on Tuesday. New York interviewed its interim head coach Steve Spagnuolo. The team interviewed Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur and former Broncos assistant head coach Eric Studesville.

Good news is that the Bears hired someone named Nugget or something, and they were supposedly really interested in McDaniels as well. so that leaves one last landing spot for him.

I just can't get passed the Patriot's coordinator failures once they leave that organization. Maybe there is something different about McDaniels, but guys like Weiss we've been here before with Weisss and Romeo, and maybe some others. Not too worried about McDaniels Broncos tenure, a lot of 1st time coaches don't have great starts, but Bill drives the Pats, no matter his assistants or QB.

Reich feels like an up and coming coach that is going to have a lot of success.

I just can't get passed the Patriot's coordinator failures once they leave that organization. Maybe there is something different about McDaniels, but guys like Weiss we've been here before with Weisss and Romeo, and maybe some others. Not too worried about McDaniels Broncos tenure, a lot of 1st time coaches don't have great starts, but Bill drives the Pats, no matter his assistants or QB.

Reich feels like an up and coming coach that is going to have a lot of success.

I too don't think too much of the Patriots' coordinators... there's just so much success mainly because of Belicheck...

I too don't think too much of the Patriots' coordinators... there's just so much success mainly because of Belicheck...

Right, we should only look at OC's whose teams have had little success and awful head coaches. Those guys know their stuff! ;0)

Where there is smoke there's fire. It will happen

Couldnt agree more. The longer the team waits to hire a coach the more likely it is that belichick leaked this all as a signal to the giants. Brady/kraft/bill arent going to confirm the story and they cant no comment it so their bare minimum denials over the last few days mean nothing