SportsWrath

Will Hill fails another drug test, could be facing year-long suspension

Mr. P

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN Follow

LT Will Beatty (leg, knee) said he's "past the doctor's expectations" in his rehab, but still can't say if he'll be ready by Opening Day.

Maybe big guys heal slower... but my understanding is that broken bone is much easier than pretty much any other injury that would have some kind of tissue damage.

That's good news on Beatty...now if he can only return to 2012 form.

The offensive line as it currently stands is still a much bigger question mark than the safety group minus Hill. Beatty needs to not only get healthy, but return to 2012 form as well. It's good news that he's on track to being healthy...but until we see him play, he's a question mark. Schwartz, I'm satisfied with at RT. Center...we have a guy who hasn't played in what...two years. Huge question mark. Snee, despite reports that he's feeling much more comfortable, is coming off two seasons worth of hip surgeries. I'm cautiously optimistic we get a final solid year out of him, but there's no guarantee. And perhaps the most confidence I have in anyone is Pugh, who surprised many as a rookie. Teams know he's a player now and can gameplan around him. There's a year of tape to study on Pugh. So while I think FA has improved our line over what we ended 2013 with, I'm still rather uneasy.

Further, an OT this year relieves a ton of the issues with Beatty. Beatty's contract guarantees him a roster spot...but not a starter spot in my opinion.

Safety, prior to Hill's latest issue, I don't feel would've even been a draftable position. I agree we could draft a safety at this point, but I don't see it before the 3rd round. I'm still an OT-WR in the first two rounds guy.

Exactly... I do think Schwartz, Pugh, and the Center will be good for a while and are here to stay.... The Giants must've done their homework before signing that center and I trust he will be good for us...

Now that leaves Snee who will retire soon and beatty as a huge question mark and even then I think that position could use an upgrade anyway... It's hard to tell who the Giants (or any team) is going to pick because we have to wait till the 11th pick is made to see who is there for us... the Giants will go after the BPA so if it's Aaron Donald or one of the stud OLs out there I'd be very happy... the only position I would be ecstatic about is the guy in Pdub's dream who's projected to be picked 4th overall anyway.....

Exactly... I do think Schwartz, Pugh, and the Center will be good for a while and are here to stay.... The Giants must've done their homework before signing that center and I trust he will be good for us...

Now that leaves Snee who will retire soon and beatty as a huge question mark and even then I think that position could use an upgrade anyway... It's hard to tell who the Giants (or any team) is going to pick because we have to wait till the 11th pick is made to see who is there for us... the Giants will go after the BPA so if it's Aaron Donald or one of the stud OLs out there I'd be very happy... the only position I would be ecstatic about is the guy in Pdub's dream who's projected to be picked 4th overall anyway.....

I guess I should've added to my post that no draft pick is a guarantee either, but it at the very least provides more options and gets the line ready for the future.