SportsWrath

Will Hill fails another drug test, could be facing year-long suspension

Mr. P

good deal. it does get easier.

I may drink tomorrow, which will make things very difficult.

I'm hoping my buddy who is also just using e-cigs will go too that will help, or I'll just try to go to trivia with my lady. won't be around smokers the entire time.

I may drink tomorrow, which will make things very difficult.

I'm hoping my buddy who is also just using e-cigs will go too that will help, or I'll just try to go to trivia with my lady. won't be around smokers the entire time.

I asked all my friends to tell me to go f*** myself if I asked them for a smoke. They complied. If you're gonna drink, do something while you're drinking...like shoot pool, throw darts, throw horseshoes, grill, etc.

I asked all my friends to tell me to go f*** myself if I asked them for a smoke. They complied. If you're gonna drink, do something while you're drinking...like shoot pool, throw darts, throw horseshoes, grill, etc.

Typically, we drink at a buddy's house and throw darts. Sadly, we are allowed to smoke inside there. But, if my one friend goes we will both be not smoking, will help.

or I'll go to team trivia at a bar with my girl, just get some food beers and play trivia.

I'm thinking I'll only do the darts if my ecig friend goes.

thanks for the support though it actually helps.

Safety definitely is near the top of the wish list for me and I already thought we would draft a safety high. Our 3 safety defense is basically our base D. The Demps signing definitely makes more sense now but Brown is still recovering and Cooper is such an unkown, you can't count on that. With Rolle in his final year we can't be so short sighted.

I'm all for taking Ha-Ha in the 1st or Deone Bucannon in the 2nd.

Safety definitely is near the top of the wish list for me and I already thought we would draft a safety high. Our 3 safety defense is basically our base D. The Demps signing definitely makes more sense now but Brown is still recovering and Cooper is such an unkown, you can't count on that. With Rolle in his final year we can't be so short sighted.

I'm all for taking Ha-Ha in the 1st or Deone Bucannon in the 2nd.

Correct but the safety issue is at least a year away and a rookie isn't exactly going to come in and start... the glaring need at OL is the one we need to address now moreso than safety. We have a kid out there in his 2nd year now... if he can't step in, what rookie can?

Correct but the safety issue is at least a year away and a rookie isn't exactly going to come in and start... the glaring need at OL is the one we need to address now moreso than safety. We have a kid out there in his 2nd year now... if he can't step in, what rookie can?

A 12th overall rookie is probably better than a 5th rounder from last year.

I'm not exactly advocating safety at 12, but I wouldn't be mad, you don't just draft for this year.

The safety issue isn't a year away, it started today when we found out our other starting safety is looking at a one year suspension. This would put the entire three safety defensive scheme in trouble. Contrary to popular belief, rookies do indeed start on this team. The offensive line looks better now than it did at this time a year ago. I realize many people think the Giants are going to pickup that left tackle that anchors the offensive line for the next decade in the first round, there is a very good shot that won't happen.

if we don't add a safety in the draft, and if we do get rid of Hill, we should look at Stephen Gregory.

He's 31, but he had 79 tackles last year with New England.

Originally from Staten Island and went to Syracuse.

The 3 safety look was a necessity out of our lack of LBers...I think we see less of the 3 safety look going forward. I'd think it'd go away entirely if it hadn't had some success over the past few LB-lacking years.

That could be true but I think the popularity of the 3 safety's and the 4-2-5 defense around the league has more to do with it. With the league becoming more and more of a passing league each year and the evolvement of the Tight End, I'd bet against this defense being fazed out.

I see what you're saying but we can probably make the argument that safety is just as a glaring need as the OL currently is.

Rolle, the only proven starter, has only one year left under contract.

Stevie Brown after being a journeyman had one good season then tore his ACL, which he still hasn't been cleared to participate.

Quintin Demps is a journeyman who is mainly a special teams player.

Cooper Taylor is a biscuit away from playing LB and as a 5th round pick from Richmond hasn't shown anything.

Will Hill is more than likely done here.

The way I see it, we have 1 starter currently with that unit. I think a 1st or 2nd round rookie has a great chance at seeing the field in our defense and contributing early.

The safety issue isn't a year away, it started today when we found out our other starting safety is looking at a one year suspension. This would put the entire three safety defensive scheme in trouble. Contrary to popular belief, rookies do indeed start on this team. The offensive line looks better now than it did at this time a year ago. I realize many people think the Giants are going to pickup that left tackle that anchors the offensive line for the next decade in the first round, there is a very good shot that won't happen.

I agree. We've added 4 starting caliber OL to that unit and Snee is returning. The OL is already much improved. I see the concern with Beatty but with his contract and his success in the seasons prior to last, he does deserve a shot to redeem himself. If he isn't ready Brown, Schwartz, Jerry all have experience playing LT in the pros and Pugh is always a candidate to slide over. I'd still like to draft a OT early I just don't think it needs to be in the first especially considering how talented the top end of this tackle class is. I'm more worried at center than any position on the line. We really don't know what we're getting from Walton, I'd like to add a center at some point. Luckily, due to the nature of the position we can get a quality player in the middle rounds.

The 3 safety look was a necessity out of our lack of LBers...I think we see less of the 3 safety look going forward. I'd think it'd go away entirely if it hadn't had some success over the past few LB-lacking years.

I don't think it was ran just because of LB's the Cover 3 is something Fewell implements in his D and if it was we still have the same LB's other then McClain. Beason is not good in coverage.

I agree.....sucks that Will Hill is a fucking jackass, but OL is still more important. Our starting left tackle shit his pants last season and then suffered a broken leg.

I agree.....sucks that Will Hill is a fucking jackass, but OL is still more important. Our starting left tackle shit his pants last season and then suffered a broken leg.

A broken leg is not a bad injury... Beatty was doing ok b4 2013... I think a solid overall line will bring back his play.

That's good news on Beatty...now if he can only return to 2012 form.

The offensive line as it currently stands is still a much bigger question mark than the safety group minus Hill. Beatty needs to not only get healthy, but return to 2012 form as well. It's good news that he's on track to being healthy...but until we see him play, he's a question mark. Schwartz, I'm satisfied with at RT. Center...we have a guy who hasn't played in what...two years. Huge question mark. Snee, despite reports that he's feeling much more comfortable, is coming off two seasons worth of hip surgeries. I'm cautiously optimistic we get a final solid year out of him, but there's no guarantee. And perhaps the most confidence I have in anyone is Pugh, who surprised many as a rookie. Teams know he's a player now and can gameplan around him. There's a year of tape to study on Pugh. So while I think FA has improved our line over what we ended 2013 with, I'm still rather uneasy.

Further, an OT this year relieves a ton of the issues with Beatty. Beatty's contract guarantees him a roster spot...but not a starter spot in my opinion.

Safety, prior to Hill's latest issue, I don't feel would've even been a draftable position. I agree we could draft a safety at this point, but I don't see it before the 3rd round. I'm still an OT-WR in the first two rounds guy.