SportsWrath

What's the deal with the Giants working out all these QB's???

BleedinBlue

27 is the number I'm concerned with...as in the number of INTs Eli threw last year.

I attribute that more to NO O Line, not much of a running game, and his receivers not being able to hold onto the football. How many of them were off of his WRs' hands? If a ball hits you in the hands, you have to catch it! Yeah, Eli threw picks when he should have just eaten the ball, and he tried to force it in order to make a play, but if he had been successful on those plays, everyone would be singing his praises. Eli is one of the LAST people on this team that people should be worrying about, in my opinion.

I attribute that more to NO O Line, not much of a running game, and his receivers not being able to hold onto the football. How many of them were off of his WRs' hands? If a ball hits you in the hands, you have to catch it! Yeah, Eli threw picks when he should have just eaten the ball, and he tried to force it in order to make a play, but if he had been successful on those plays, everyone would be singing his praises. Eli is one of the LAST people on this team that people should be worrying about, in my opinion.

For now. I wrote in another thread that those reasons were an excuse this PAST year. Should they continue NEXT year...you're looking at back to back poor years with Eli being the common thread. That scenario would have us picking close to the top of the draft again and seriously thinking about making a play on a new franchise QB.

I disagree, Carl. One year of interceptions bouncing off WR hands is an anomaly and probably mostly on the receivers. Every year of your career with at least 5 or 6 INTs bouncing off receivers...not so much on the receivers. The Brandon Myers game sealer against, I think the Bears, for example, was Myers trying to make a play on an awful, high and behind pass.

In other words, I think the same could be said about the receivers. They were just trying to make plays on poor passes. I don't abide by the, "it hit you in the hands, you have to catch it."

I hear what you're saying, Drizzle, and I guess you're right when you say that one year of that you could put on the WRs, but two years you have to think about it being on Eli too. What I keep coming back to is this... How can a guy have so much touch on his passes that he was able to put the ball EXACTLY where it had to be on that Manningham catch two years ago, and now he has the ball bouncing off people's hands? Did he suddenly forget how to throw the ball so that people can catch it? Is the ability to put "touch" on a pass something you lose so quickly? I would really like to see what he can do behind an OL with regular sized arms... one that can actually protect him, before I declare him on the decline.

I think the real answer is the fact that while Eli can make an occasional great throw, perfect arc, perfect velocity and touch...but more often his accuracy is suspect...and it always has been.

Remember the Plax years...throwing high to everyone.

For now. I wrote in another thread that those reasons were an excuse this PAST year. Should they continue NEXT year...you're looking at back to back poor years with Eli being the common thread. That scenario would have us picking close to the top of the draft again and seriously thinking about making a play on a new franchise QB.

If it continues this season, there will probably be some games when the Giants are down big in the 4th quarter. Should that be the case, I would hope that instead of leaving Eli in there to try to mount an unlikely comeback, they should put Nassib in there and see exactly what they have in him, so they know whether or not they need to draft another QB.

I think the real answer is the fact that while Eli can make an occasional great throw, perfect arc, perfect velocity and touch...but more often his accuracy is suspect...and it always has been.

Remember the Plax years...throwing high to everyone.

LOL I actually didn't think of those years when responding. You are absolutely right though. Eli may not even still be the Giants QB if not for Plax. (Thats probably a big stretch). All Eli had to worry about was throwing it up, and Plax would go and get it.

eli completely went to pieces after the panthers game. his entire game suffered for the rest of the season. his decision making and the passes he threw were all awful.

that said, the blame goes to the offensive line (nicks and cruz dropped about 10-11 passes combined). keep him on his feet and he will make plays

If it continues this season, there will probably be some games when the Giants are down big in the 4th quarter. Should that be the case, I would hope that instead of leaving Eli in there to try to mount an unlikely comeback, they should put Nassib in there and see exactly what they have in him, so they know whether or not they need to draft another QB.

Would rather see Eli finish those games and give Nassib a start before throwing Nassib into an unfair situation.

LOL I actually didn't think of those years when responding. You are absolutely right though. Eli may not even still be the Giants QB if not for Plax. (Thats probably a big stretch). All Eli had to worry about was throwing it up, and Plax would go and get it.

Yes, and then he would sometimes overthrow Boss and Ballard only to watch the defender kill both of them.

I hear what you're saying, Drizzle, and I guess you're right when you say that one year of that you could put on the WRs, but two years you have to think about it being on Eli too. What I keep coming back to is this... How can a guy have so much touch on his passes that he was able to put the ball EXACTLY where it had to be on that Manningham catch two years ago, and now he has the ball bouncing off people's hands? Did he suddenly forget how to throw the ball so that people can catch it? Is the ability to put "touch" on a pass something you lose so quickly? I would really like to see what he can do behind an OL with regular sized arms... one that can actually protect him, before I declare him on the decline.

To be fair Eli never had the touch... the dude threw the ball and it was up to the receivers to catch it... The Manningham and Tyree throws were more lucky than good.

Having said that.. he's the best QB the Giants ever had and the best option we have now... and it's better to be lucky than good anyway.

To be fair Eli never had the touch... the dude threw the ball and it was up to the receivers to catch it... The Manningham and Tyree throws were more lucky than good.

Having said that.. he's the best QB the Giants ever had and the best option we have now... and it's better to be lucky than good anyway.

Then again, take a guy like Romo.. he's gets all the hype all the time and never really does crap......I'll still take Eli.

I agree 100% on the Tyree play. Pure luck. It was a busted play and everyone involved on the Giants side of things got lucky. The Manningham play was not a busted play. It was just a case of Eli putting the ball EXACTLY where it had to be put, with a ridiculously small margin for error. He may not make that play a great percentage of the time, but he executed perfectly, as did Manningham. I don't call perfect execution "luck".

Then again, take a guy like Romo.. he's gets all the hype all the time and never really does crap......I'll still take Eli.

I feel Romo is really under appreciated... Yes I know he plays for the hated cowboys for the guy never seem to catch a break... his receivers seem to come up short when ours come up big...

I agree 100% on the Tyree play. Pure luck. It was a busted play and everyone involved on the Giants side of things got lucky. The Manningham play was not a busted play. It was just a case of Eli putting the ball EXACTLY where it had to be put, with a ridiculously small margin for error. He may not make that play a great percentage of the time, but he executed perfectly, as did Manningham. I don't call perfect execution "luck".

You can see when Eli released the ball it was like oh damn.. the D is in my face... fuck it.. zoom lol

You can see when Eli released the ball it was like oh damn.. the D is in my face... fuck it.. zoom lol

You gotta give eli credit for having the balls to toss it up. And credit for bereking out of the sack