SportsWrath

Andre Brown gone, BTW.

BlueInCanada

i don't think we can pencil in wilson just yet. wouldn't be surprised if we drafted someone late

We drafted Cox late... no sense of wasting a draft pick again. I think the 4 guys we have now are more than adequate... Personally I loved watching Peyton Hillis run like Mike Alstot.

Jennings is an upgrade over Brown...but that said, Brown wasn't a slouch I don't think. Lost his job due to repeated injury.

i don't think we can pencil in wilson just yet. wouldn't be surprised if we drafted someone late

This is one of the bigger unknowns about McAdoo's plans.

I think we haven't scratched the surface with Wilson yet. It was a combination of injury, and (in my opinion), Gilbride being unable to get the most out of him, because he remained married to this idea that runningbacks are blockers 1st, and runners 2nd.

Strange, AP has been productive in Minnesota.....and he can't block for shit, and they have no passing game. I'm not calling Wilson another AP.....just saying that when you have talent, you put that talent in the best position to produce.

I remember when Gilbride benched Wilson during the Ravens game....right after he scored a TD on a sweet burst around the corner...and he was the only guy on offense that could do anything. And that game was after Wilson torched the Saints. Drove me fucking crazy.

I think the usage of Wilson was largely in question...but I also think that RB blocking was a big part of the offense we ran. I'm guessing that the RBs we had weren't the best receivers out of the backfield...and if they can't do that, they might as well keep them in to block. Especially once the OLine started falling apart, there really wasn't much choice. It really speaks to the OLine being the cornerstone. It's undersold, but without it, the whole offense can turn to shit.

Wilson deserves a shot with a real offensive line, that much I can agree with.

i was at that saints game and i will pretty much never give up on wilson's talent as a result. i really believe that if he's physically able to play this season and gets a legit fair chance that he will blow up and we will have a star in our backfield.

I think the usage of Wilson was largely in question...but I also think that RB blocking was a big part of the offense we ran. I'm guessing that the RBs we had weren't the best receivers out of the backfield...and if they can't do that, they might as well keep them in to block. Especially once the OLine started falling apart, there really wasn't much choice. It really speaks to the OLine being the cornerstone. It's undersold, but without it, the whole offense can turn to shit.

Wilson deserves a shot with a real offensive line, that much I can agree with.

THIS!!! How many times did we see him get the ball and get hit by multiple tacklers before he even got out of the blocks?! Also, I think he needs to take a split second to make a read before turning on the jets and that will come with a little experience and confidence. But lets hope his career isn't over before it really begins with that neck injury. I haven't heard a thing about his recovery, which I don't think is a good sign. Be interesting to see if he's in the "voluntary" off season program starting soon.

If he still has that speed, they have to see if he can be the #1 guy.

In 2012, most of the offense was falling into a crater, and Wilson was starved for carries, but was flashing when he had the chance.

TD v Ravens around 1:30+...... besides him, the entire offense sucked balls that game.

I'm sure McAdoo is drawing some stuff up with him to create a mismatch with Wilson v. a linebacker....something to force a blitzer to become a defender....something Gilbride just didn't bother trying.

THIS!!! How many times did we see him get the ball and get hit by multiple tacklers before he even got out of the blocks?! Also, I think he needs to take a split second to make a read before turning on the jets and that will come with a little experience and confidence. But lets hope his career isn't over before it really begins with that neck injury. I haven't heard a thing about his recovery, which I don't think is a good sign. Be interesting to see if he's in the "voluntary" off season program starting soon.

Most recently, sounds like Coughlin is sweating it out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000339405/article/tom-coughlin-praying-david-wilson-can-play-in-2014

At the end of a lost season, general manager Jerry Reese made it clear that David Wilson is no longer viewed as the New York Giants' lead back.

By the NFL Scouting Combine in February, Reese and coach Tom Coughlin both suggested anything they get out of Wilson coming off neck surgery will be gravy.

NFL.com asks fans for their votes, starting with 32 QBs from four different eras of NFL history. Vote now!

In a Thursday interview with the team's official website, Coughlin said he's "counting on" Wilson but sounded less than convinced of the running back's medical clearance.

"All in due time with David," Coughlin said. "Just pray, you're praying that he has a return to excellent health and that the doctors are totally convinced that he is recovered and ready to go. When that time comes, you'll have another contributor who, if he gets a step, he's gone."

Coughlin also reiterated that he won't put Wilson in full-contact situations until "it's an absolute" that the 2012 first-round draft pick is back to 100 percent.

Although one report has connected the Giants to Chris Johnson, beat writers remain unconvinced that the interest is legitimate. The Giants will go forward with Rashad Jennings as starter, crossing their fingers that Wilson's surgically repaired neck will allow him excel as a kickoff returner and explosive change-of-pace back.

Not upset at all with Brown going. We had to choose between Wilson or Brown and it was a no brainer. If we keep both we're possibly in the same situation as we were last year. Browns too injury prone and Wilson hasn't received medical clearance yet. So we bring back Hillis and sign Jennings a 29 year old back since it's way too early to give up on Wilson.

I still think we'll add a guy in rounds 4-6 to compete with cox and Hillis and just incase Wilson needs to start the season on pup.

Not upset at all with Brown going. We had to choose between Wilson or Brown and it was a no brainer. If we keep both we're possibly in the same situation as we were last year. Browns too injury prone and Wilson hasn't received medical clearance yet. So we bring back Hillis and sign Jennings a 29 year old back since it's way too early to give up on Wilson.

I still think we'll add a guy in rounds 4-6 to compete with cox and Hillis and just incase Wilson needs to start the season on pup.

God I hope not.

we don't have to draft. i'll take larod stephens-howling with a big smile on my face

brian leonard, mcgahee, and ronnie brown are available too. i don't want hillis as the backup though if wilson can't play

we don't have to draft. i'll take larod stephens-howling with a big smile on my face

brian leonard, mcgahee, and ronnie brown are available too. i don't want hillis as the backup though if wilson can't play

Agreed and a decent vet will be cut after the draft.

If he still has that speed, they have to see if he can be the #1 guy.

In 2012, most of the offense was falling into a crater, and Wilson was starved for carries, but was flashing when he had the chance.

TD v Ravens around 1:30+...... besides him, the entire offense sucked balls that game.

I'm sure McAdoo is drawing some stuff up with him to create a mismatch with Wilson v. a linebacker....something to force a blitzer to become a defender....something Gilbride just didn't bother trying.

Common theme in that video.

Wilson stright up the middle or inside the tackles.

Non of this have him dance around in the backfield bullshit Gilly was trying to pull off.

Oh and he had a lead blocker on a bunch of his good runs.

Hopefully MacArooni isnt a fucking idiot.