SportsWrath

Quentin Harris

jranieli

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6289

I am not sure when we signed this guy but I went to high school with him. He actually came to my school his senior year in order to get that scholership to Syracuse University. He was a WR in High school and was a decent player. Had the all time receiving yards in a season. I talked to him in the weight room a few times when I was a freshman. My friend met his brother over the weekend and he was telling me about it tonight. I am not sure if he is on the practice squad or on the team but I find it pretty cool. Now I use this connection to get tickets. Hope he stays.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6289

I am not sure when we signed this guy but I went to high school with him. He actually came to my school his senior year in order to get that scholership to Syracuse University. He was a WR in High school and was a decent player. Had the all time receiving yards in a season. I talked to him in the weight room a few times when I was a freshman. My friend met his brother over the weekend and he was telling me about it tonight. I am not sure if he is on the practice squad or on the team but I find it pretty cool. Now I use this connection to get tickets. Hope he stays.

http://www.giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=14656

March 14, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants today began the promised upgrade of their secondary while also bolstering their special teams when they signed cornerbacks Sam Madison, R.W. McQuarters and Jason Bell, plus safety Quentin Harris.

Harris, 6-1 and 214 pounds, has played in 54 career games with six starts. He has one interception, eight passes defensed, three fumble recoveries, two forced fumbles and 54 special teams tackles.

In 2005, Harris played in all 16 games for the third season in a row for the Cardinals. He had 21 tackles (16 solo), three passes defensed and a team-high 24 special teams tackles, including four in the season opener against the Giants.

The addition of Quentin Harris immediately improves the Giants safety situation.

Harris, a former standout at Syracuse, was signed by Arizona as an undrafted free agent on April 22, 2002. He was released on Sept. 1, signed to the practice squad two days later and added to the active roster on Nov. 14. Harris played in six games as a rookie.

Harris made his first NFL start at safety vs. Carolina on Dec. 14, 2003. The following year he started four games. Harris recorded his first career interception at St. Louis on Sept. 12, 2004, when he also had four tackles, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.

At Syracuse, Harris started 39 of 42 regular season games and finished his career with 327 tackles (183 solo), 10 interceptions, four forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.

Harris was an All-Pennsylvania selection as a junior at Elmer L. Myers High School, where he scored 35 touchdowns and had 1523 receiving yards and 12 interceptions. He is married (Tara) and has a daughter (Aliya). Harris was born on Jan. 26, 1977.

This dude is basically a special teamer, i don't see him getting any defensive snaps. I think we should draft a safety in the mid-rounds, but 5 on a roster is sort of a lot.

I'm not totally that fond of him signing especially with the Jason Bell signing, but it'll be tough for Bell to make it anyway unless the Giants plan to carry more than 5 CB's. Giants will draft atleast one CB and Madison, Webster, McQuarters, and Deloatch aren't going anywhere. I agree about drafting another safety.

This time of year it's all about acquiring as much talent as possible. Don't worry about how many safeties are on the roster. The only one's guaranteed to make the team at this point are Wilson and Demps. Everyone else is expendable due to their cheap price tags. I will say that watching the safety competition in camp will be one of the better positional battles. Butler, Brimmer, Shivers and Quentin Harris will all be banging heads

This time of year it's all about acquiring as much talent as possible. Don't worry about how many safeties are on the roster. The only one's guaranteed to make the team at this point are Wilson and Demps. Everyone else is expendable due to their cheap price tags. I will say that watching the safety competition in camp will be one of the better positional battles. Butler, Brimmer, Shivers and Quentin Harris will all be banging heads

You can say that again. I pretty sure Butler will make it. I would like it if Shivers makes it. He has tons of potential. If only he hadn't of left college early.

You can say that again. I pretty sure Butler will make it. I would like it if Shivers makes it. He has tons of potential. If only he hadn't of left college early.

I was encouraged when we signed Brimmer and Shivers but to be honest, I don't have a preference at this point as to who makes the team beyond Demps and Gibril. Training camp and the preseason will be excellent proving grounds. Whoever emerges from the war of attrition will have earned the spot. It's a much better situation than last year when we knew Brent Alexander and Shaun Williams would make the team. I like what Alexander gave us in his limited time here but he was still a liability.

I was encouraged when we signed Brimmer and Shivers but to be honest, I don't have a preference at this point as to who makes the team beyond Demps and Gibril. Training camp and the preseason will be excellent proving grounds. Whoever emerges from the war of attrition will have earned the spot. It's a much better situation than last year when we knew Brent Alexander and Shaun Williams would make the team. I like what Alexander gave us in his limited time here but he was still a liability.

I agree about alexander. At the time we signed him we need a veteran

that could make a play on the ball.(which he did) His problem of course

was he lost a big step (age).

I like the situation the giants are in with the secondary.

A hard fought camp will be in order and the competition

will be fierce.

A couple of good LB's in the draft and who knows we may

actually have a formidable D.

DT still is a concern.