SportsWrath

Rebuilding year

Sephiroth

And a lot of those weren't even stunts, just pain missed assignments leaving free rushers.

That's basically it.

It's kinda reassuring knowing it's more of a players not being on the same page and not just the fact that they are being outright dominated.

Hopefully sooner rather than later, this stuff gets figured out.

As I said in the gameday thread, get used to these two phrases these seasons:

"Manning under pressure checks down to Barkley..."

and

"Manning with an unblocked defender right in his face tries to check down to Barkely, but is sacked."

With the first phrase followed by:

"...and Barkley is swarmed by defenders after a gain of only 3."

I do agree with you you can't just slam free agents and back ups into a starting role and expect them to suddenly be a top unit in the NFL at the Oline.

I'm just saying you spent all off season together most of these assignments are really basic things.

CB on the outside of the line? The guard kicks over to take the DE and the tackle takes the blitzing guy ir you motion the RB to pick up the blitzing guy and the blocking remains the same on the lone.

I dunno we used to call this shit out all the time in high school football and even in college then again neither as the same beasts as the NFL.

Just more disappointed to see that our Oline isn't farther along just in understanding of basic blocking schemes or adjustments then what they are. Think that's why I'm so frustrated by it.

All offseason? May, June, July, August and maybe 6 weeks worth of work, 2 dozen practices in pads for a couple of hours.

The offseason is nothing nowadays. September is when things get tested and worked out.

All offseason? May, June, July, August and maybe 6 weeks worth of work, 2 dozen practices in pads for a couple of hours.

The offseason is nothing nowadays. September is when things get tested and worked out.

It's not hard to understand in the film room.

"Hey if they bring a blitz from the secondary, you kick out here and you kick out here"

Like I said it looks like they don't even understand what their blocking assignment is.

Team looks terrible. Secondary depth is pathetic. With Apple dinged up and JJ getting beat..not sure what we could hope for there...especially with little pressure on opposing QBs.

Offense was supposed to save some games, but with a terrible offensive line getting worse with injury...WRs can't even run quick outs or quick slants before Eli is down. Barkley is our only offense. Shoot...even OBJ looked half disinterested against Dallas.

I think OBJ and Barkley are the bridges to the next QB. OL across the board next year. Cut Eli's salary hardcore and start Lauletta next year.

Start LAULETTA?

Kyle Lauletta probably shouldn't be on an NFL roster. He was the worst QB in preseason and doesn't have the size, strength, or (as of now) smarts to be an NFL caliber QB. Dude is a career backup at best and to me he didn't even look like that.

Didnt the Cowboys have key injuries and 3 or 4 new players on the OL? They must have a longer September.

This aggravated me more than anything else Sunday night. Barkley touched the ball 25 times but only 11 of those were carries. In fact out of our 60+ offensive plays we only rushed 17 times... and 2 of those were QB Sneaks. Why in God's name are we having an aging QB drop back 40+ times when the OL CLEARLY can't handle the rush being thrown at them?

Thats because the OL couldnt buy even a couple yrds for Saquon. He was repeatedly getting hit in the backfield. its just that the kid is so good that he always makes the first 1-2 tacklers miss - ALWAYS!! The OL could neither run nor pass block. They need to get Saquon into more tosses and stretch plays and let the kid create something.

There it is on that first throw. Nobody near Eli and he freaks the fuck out and throws a short pass. Fuck that, the line gives him way too few opportunities for him to wasting them like that

Thats because the OL couldnt buy even a couple yrds for Saquon. He was repeatedly getting hit in the backfield. its just that the kid is so good that he always makes the first 1-2 tacklers miss - ALWAYS!! The OL could neither run nor pass block. They need to get Saquon into more tosses and stretch plays and let the kid create something.

This was also the case against Jacksonville. It only takes 1.

it's the dreaded David Carr Syndrome.

In fairness to Eli, he got his eyes back downfield late in the game. But I saw that too from - I think - the 3rd drive until the 4th quarter.

Hey you don't talk about David like that

That's basically it.

It's kinda reassuring knowing it's more of a players not being on the same page and not just the fact that they are being outright dominated.

Hopefully sooner rather than later, this stuff gets figured out.

Yes, once they figure out what they are doing, they can start to get dominated.