SportsWrath

NY Giants vs Dallas Cowboys

NeMesiS

Did the Cowboys blitz like every play too? Every time facing us from here on out should be blitzing lol

Because it was working like a charm... We failed to adjust... we failed to make them pay for being trigger happy... so they kept doing it... Last night's game was tough to watch... And whoever thinks Eli still has something in the tank is fucking delusional.... If we still had Davis Webb on the team, we could've played him... his young legs would've avoided at least half of those sacks...holy fuck... who do we have behind Eli... a nobody and another nobody.

Because it was working like a charm... We failed to adjust... we failed to make them pay for being trigger happy... so they kept doing it... Last night's game was tough to watch... And whoever thinks Eli still has something in the tank is fucking delusional.... If we still had Davis Webb on the team, we could've played him... his young legs would've avoided at least half of those sacks...holy fuck... who do we have behind Eli... a nobody and another nobody.

The Webb jerk fest is real.

Wonder when someone was gonna say "hurr dee durr Webb would of avoided all those sacks"

Only a matter of time before Nas got to it lol

Get off the kids dick Nas, no QB was avoiding that pressure last night to think otherwise is a delusion if there ever was one.

Oh and before the typical "but Eli sucks!!!! Why are you defending him!!!"

I never said Eli was great out there but no QB young, old, would of done anything against that pass rush last night.

The Webb jerk fest is real.

Wonder when someone was gonna say "hurr dee durr Webb would of avoided all those sacks"

Only a matter of time before Nas got to it lol

Get off the kids dick Nas, no QB was avoiding that pressure last night to think otherwise is a delusion if there ever was one.

Oh and before the typical "but Eli sucks!!!! Why are you defending him!!!"

I never said Eli was great out there but no QB young, old, would of done anything against that pass rush last night.

Agreed.

That line needs to come together soon or this season is a write off. Mike Vick would not have been able to roll out of that rush. The left side was simply horrible and ....exactly why do we keep a FB on the roster if we aren't going to use him for pass protection (not that he looked all that good at it) or a lead blocker?

If these guys aren't able to pick up basic stunts in pass protection this early in their development....they might want to think about just getting under center...stack Barkley in the "I" behind a FB and fucking grind. Run blocking is a lot more straight forward..and these guys need straight forward if they are missing DE A Gap stunts....or slot CB blitizes.....like...every fucking time the cowboys ran it over the left side. They battled 1000 on missing those....at least up until I turned it off.

C. Wagon

Webb, Lauletta, or any QB who would be backing up Eli: no QB would succeed with this OL's performance. Plus, if you think we can develop young QB prospects with this OL, especially rookies, that's a pipe dream. You're more likely to destroy a young QB's confidence and demoralize them than you are to help with their development.

there are five or six QBs who could have done more.... Russell Wilson, a healthy Aaron Rodgers, Roethlisberger.... okay, maybe 3 QBs..... and many more QBs who would have been worse..... but I don't think it would have mattered regardless. Yeah, put Mike Vick in his prime back there, LOL.... he would have had some successful scrambles, then he would have been hurt by the end of the 3rd Q.

It wasn't just the blitzes, it was also the line stunts.... OL, protection schemes in general, total fail last night.

A couple of the protection fails I thought may be on Eli too. Or the center, not sure if it was Halapio or Greco at that point. Not sure who's making those line calls now.

There was definitely at least two sacks that were on Manning. He needs to step up to avoid outside pass rush. And not be gunshy,m.

Yeah he checked down and missed an open Beckham a few times. The OLine is shit but this is where Eli needs to earn his money.

The O failed to adapt... those 3 to 7 step drops weren't happening... there was a time when the team should've gone one step drops to keep the Cowboys in check... that didn't happen... and Eli took sacks he shouldn't have because he held on to the ball way too long...

On the other side of the ball, Dak fucking Prescott looked like Aaron Rodgers.... the LB/DE kept getting foold on those options runs over and over and over again... and the one time the LB figured it out (which was too late in the game) he still couldn't tackle the fucker.

There was not much to be done on offense with the line inconsistencies as the Cowboys capitalized on stunts and blitzing from the slot. I think the Giants needed to run the ball more to get the Cowboys out of the deep coverage. If only running the ball was effective at some point last night. It was a tough defensive game for both teams.

there are five or six QBs who could have done more.... Russell Wilson, a healthy Aaron Rodgers, Roethlisberger.... okay, maybe 3 QBs..... and many more QBs who would have been worse..... but I don't think it would have mattered regardless. Yeah, put Mike Vick in his prime back there, LOL.... he would have had some successful scrambles, then he would have been hurt by the end of the 3rd Q.

It wasn't just the blitzes, it was also the line stunts.... OL, protection schemes in general, total fail last night.

A couple of the protection fails I thought may be on Eli too. Or the center, not sure if it was Halapio or Greco at that point. Not sure who's making those line calls now.

Hey look Wilson getting sacked from holding onto the ball to long and getting non stop pressure since his Oline is garbage.