SportsWrath

First game down

RandolphScott

Barkley looks like everything hes billed and more. I cant think of any Giants running back who breaks those tackles and takes it to the house. Special player the Giants have there.

Beckham was Beckham, played very well today and cant really ask him to do more.

Shepard and Engram. For a team that has such a razor thin margin of error, those 4 drops cannot occur. Those 4 balls should have been caught and all of them would have gone for 1st Downs. Pretty disappointing for these two players were counting on.

The offensive line. Flowers is fucking awful, I dont know how this dude was the 9th overall pick in 2015. He fucking blows. He got his lunch taken from him today which I guess shouldnt surprise anyone. The pick 6 was a direct result of the immediate pressure he gave up. There has to be a better alternative somewhere.

Our prized free agent acquisition, Nate Solder also had a rough game. He gave up a lot of pressure and had a killer holding penalty that stalled a drive around mid-field. Also a disappointing appearance but I think hell bounce back next week. The Jags have the best defense in the game and the best defensive line in the NFL.

I didnt really key on Hernandez, Halapio or Omaheh. They didnt really get push and it seemed they allowed Eli to step up when he had too.

I thought Eli had a good game, I believe hes still got some magic left in the tank. Not really worried about him. Ill chalk up missing OBJ in the end zone in the second half to not enough reps yet. Hell be fine.

I thought the defense played relatively well, but the Jags arent exactly an offensive team. Bortles is mediocre and they dont have anyone who will wow you at the skill positions.

Eli Apple had a hell of a game, hopefully he can keep it up. Blanket coverage all day. Thats a good sign.

Need to see more of a pass rush though. Very stout against the run but Vernon is our only edge rusher. Not hard to see how/why the Giants liked Bradley Chubb in the draft. Especially with Vernon likely getting cut next off season to save cap space, this is a real need.

This loss stings as I felt like this game was for the taking. But I think it will get better! Onto Dallas and they are looking like complete fucking ass right now.

Gotta agree with everything you said.

The Jags were a test, I thought the defense was up to it (after that first drive) but the offense clearly is not.

It all stems from the one thing we all knew, the Oline is garbage.

Flowers shouldnt be on the team and we should of cut him before June to save from money.

Solder is literally stealing money from the Giants right now and now I see why the Pats laughed at the contract the Giants gave him.

Herny played well but still got man handled like a child from play to play, honestly this guy is a fucking fridge walking around out there, why is he getting pushed back on a consistent basis?

Ohmama and Happyio didnt stand out which is a good and bad thing at the same time.

However outside of the Oline, the rest of the team played really well in my opinion, for the same reasons you listed.

Barkley is going to be fun to watch the next 10 years, OBJ hasnt slowed down at all from the injury infact he looks even better.

Shepard can play on the outside, just has to keep his head in the game, but reminds me of a Toomer with more speed.

Engram is a fucking dolt who needs to catch 150 balls after every practice, although he had a monster grab that was negated on that first drive by a penalty.

Defense from top to bottom played well, Jenkins seems to know when I'm talking shit about him, Martin looks like he's a solid addition.

Nice to have some real LBs on the team, outside of that TD that would of stood to the TE there, they really didnt let anything get away from them.

The Giants arent going to be world beaters this year, but I wanted to see improvement and I did.

Imagine having 6 mil in salary cap space and having to put that team on the field. Poor Gettleman has his work cut out. This is a 6 win team at best.

I can see before week 8 Getty trading for a Oline stater and then drafting Oline next year.

Really just acouple competent starting tackles and the Giants are probably laughing on their way to a playoff run.

Barkley looks like everything hes billed and more. I cant think of any Giants running back who breaks those tackles and takes it to the house. Special player the Giants have there.

Shepard and Engram. For a team that has such a razor thin margin of error, those 4 drops cannot occur. Those 4 balls should have been caught and all of them would have gone for 1st Downs. Pretty disappointing for these two players were counting on.

The offensive line. Flowers is fucking awful, I dont know how this dude was the 9th overall pick in 2015. He fucking blows. He got his lunch taken from him today which I guess shouldnt surprise anyone. The pick 6 was a direct result of the immediate pressure he gave up. There has to be a better alternative somewhere.

Our prized free agent acquisition, Nate Solder also had a rough game. He gave up a lot of pressure and had a killer holding penalty that stalled a drive around mid-field. Also a disappointing appearance but I think hell bounce back next week. The Jags have the best defense in the game and the best defensive line in the NFL.

I didnt really key on Hernandez, Halapio or Omaheh. They didnt really get push and it seemed they allowed Eli to step up when he had too.

I thought Eli had a good game, I believe hes still got some magic left in the tank. Not really worried about him. Ill chalk up missing OBJ in the end zone in the second half to not enough reps yet. Hell be fine.

I thought the defense played relatively well, but the Jags arent exactly an offensive team. Bortles is mediocre and they dont have anyone who will wow you at the skill positions.

Eli Apple had a hell of a game, hopefully he can keep it up. Blanket coverage all day. Thats a good sign.

Need to see more of a pass rush though. Very stout against the run but Vernon is our only edge rusher. Not hard to see how/why the Giants liked Bradley Chubb in the draft. Especially with Vernon likely getting cut next off season to save cap space, this is a real need.

This loss stings as I felt like this game was for the taking. But I think it will get better! Onto Dallas and they are looking like complete fucking ass right now.

Spot on on all counts.

The drop by Shepherd left me exasperated.... aside from the pick 6, that one stood out in my head...

Vernon is being paid like a difference maker, dude.

5 year, 85 million dollar deal w/ 52 million guaranteed.

Hes a nice player but hes massively overrated because hes overpaid. Hes being paid like a difference maker but he doesnt play that way.

This was a reason why Reese isnt here. Suck at drafting, overpay in free agency.

Getts had to do it with Solder (remember his first target was Norwell who signed with Jacksonville and whom Snacks dominated all game) he didnt have much of a choice. He couldnt have started this year with Flowers at LT again.

Vernon is being paid like a difference maker, dude.

5 year, 85 million dollar deal w/ 52 million guaranteed.

Hes a nice player but hes massively overrated because hes overpaid. Hes being paid like a difference maker but he doesnt play that way.

This was a reason why Reese isnt here. Suck at drafting, overpay in free agency.

Getts had to do it with Solder (remember his first target was Norwell who signed with Jacksonville and whom Snacks dominated all game) he didnt have much of a choice. He couldnt have started this year with Flowers at LT again.

Kinda like how JR had to do it with Vernon since we had no DEs on the team worth a cent, we still dont lol

Vernon has been the only DE on the team worth a damn since Strahan/Osi and Tuck to a lesser extent.

Solder isnt even an above average tackle.

Gotta agree with everything here. Also:

1. Engram led all TEs in drops last year and had three today on five targets. Considering that the guy I wanted (George Kittle) is looking pretty fantastic AND actually blocks too, I'm going to be really pissed if this asshole doesn't pull it together.

2. I keyed in on Omameh for about five plays. He looked bad in all five of them. I agree that Ereck Flowers is trash but I think we may just be stuck with trash this year. Not much we can do about it; we have something like 500k in cap space.

3. That returner is an asshole, but I was very encouraged by Rosas on special teams. Punter looked good too.

4. Barkley is gonna be a player. After the pick 6, that game would have been over last year. Barkley at least made it interesting.