SportsWrath

Jason Pierre-Paul injured

Tempest

Now SB nation is reporting Giants took back 60million offer sheet. Not sure how much of that is true.

Yeah I read that as well. Should not be read too deeply. Offer has been taken back because JPP signed the franchise tender. Now that the OTA is over and he is going to show up for training camp.

even if them pulling the offer is true, it's just them being cautious. he's probably going to find out if his hand injury is a long-term injury before they do and they don't want him rushing to sign that deal before they learn of the news.

Yeah I read that as well. Should not be read too deeply. Offer has been taken back because JPP signed the franchise tender. Now that the OTA is over and he is going to show up for training camp.

JPP wasn't signing the 60 mil contract, anyway. It's just off the table now...he had until June 15th, I believe, to sign it. He'll play on the 14 mil, which is way more than he deserves, one year franchise tag. Then the Giants will have the ability to resign him next year, if they choose to. He's likely to test the market in 2016, though, this year is likely the last we see JPP in blue.

JPP wasn't signing the 60 mil contract, anyway. It's just off the table now...he had until June 15th, I believe, to sign it. He'll play on the 14 mil, which is way more than he deserves, one year franchise tag. Then the Giants will have the ability to resign him next year, if they choose to. He's likely to test the market in 2016, though, this year is likely the last we see JPP in blue.

It looks like a 4 year contract extension by the numbers. So the Giants are more than willing to pay him $15 million a season which means JPP is looking for more than that. I think $15 million is reasonable and yeah this could be his last season as a Giant if he is looking for more than that next year as well. Still plenty of time to find a middle ground.

He has until July 15 to sign the long term deal. If he doesn't then they can't negotiate at all until after the season is over and he can then either sign the franchise tender or sit

He has until July 15 to sign the long term deal. If he doesn't then they can't negotiate at all until after the season is over and he can then either sign the franchise tender or sit

Yeah, I meant July, whoops.

But who's going to get those late season when the Giants are already done sacks against bad competition

Being an agent for an NFL player must be more frustrating than training squirrels. I mean, how simple can the rules be: 1) don't smoke weed before the draft; 2) don't do stupid, potentially dangerous shit before the contract's signed. It's not like the teams want you to fail a drug test--hell, they announce them. And if you are negotiating for a shit-ton of guaranteed money, you wrap yourself in bubble-wrap. After the contract's signed, then you can blow your hand off. Even Rothlesberger's minimalist brain figured that one out before the motorcycle accident.

I feel bad for the kid, but wow. Until guaranteed money is done, you stick with fucking sparklers, and smile about it.

Unfortunate.

Yeah, for us fans....last thing I want is for some dipshit to cause himself harm and set us back even more. F him, I look forward to my NFL and we seem to create enough injuries on our own.

I really wish we would have let JPP walk in free agency, and then made a legit run at Suh. Looking at Suh's contract, the Giants easily could have offered him a comparable, if not better, deal. He could have made more money in the first 3 years of the deal easily if he signed with the Giants. Reese has made some terrible decisions.....

I really wish we would have let JPP walk in free agency, and then made a legit run at Suh. Looking at Suh's contract, the Giants easily could have offered him a comparable, if not better, deal. He could have made more money in the first 3 years of the deal easily if he signed with the Giants. Reese has made some terrible decisions.....

Can Suh do backflips?.....there's your answer.

LOL WHAT

Suh signed a a 114 million dollar contract, 25 million dollar signing bonus and 59 million guranteed.

He's guaranteed almost as much money then the entire 60 million offered to JPP.

So the Giant's would of only had to come up with an extra 54 million dollars to match the Dolphins contract.

Doesn't sound as bad as what happened to this guy.

Man blows himself up lighting fireworks off of his head.

Jesus...talk about Survival of the Fittest at work... thinning out the herd of imbeciles out there... wow what a moron. DE to idiots... most fireworks were weapons used in the early 19th century with the shrapnel removed and replaced with more gunpowder among other things to give pretty colors to explosions...

LOL WHAT

Suh signed a a 114 million dollar contract, 25 million dollar signing bonus and 59 million guranteed.

He's guaranteed almost as much money then the entire 60 million offered to JPP.

So the Giant's would of only had to come up with an extra 54 million dollars to match the Dolphins contract.

Look at the breakdown of Suh's deal. it's essentially a 3 year contract and he can be cut in year 4. Without jpp the Giants could have afforded him easily. Suh is a legit stud. He would have made our interior dl absolutely sick and helped out the ends by getting double and triple teamed.... which would also have a cascade effect on the rest if the D. Jpp is a one trick pony who hasn't done jack in years

Look at the breakdown of Suh's deal. it's essentially a 3 year contract and he can be cut in year 4. Without jpp the Giants could have afforded him easily. Suh is a legit stud. He would have made our interior dl absolutely sick and helped out the ends by getting double and triple teamed.... which would also have a cascade effect on the rest if the D. Jpp is a one trick pony who hasn't done jack in years

nuts