SportsWrath

Is this a dumb idea?

Sephiroth

We see games lost every week by shitty calls from officials.

Why doesn't the NFL just let EVERY call be reviewable? Why is it that a pass interference call, which could easily be reviewed by someone upstairs, isn't reviewable? Or a holding call? Whether its due to the speed of the game or because the refs are really that bad, officiating is TERRIBLE in this league, and I honestly don't get why some calls are reviewable but "judgement" calls aren't. At the end of the day, aren't most calls "judgement" calls?

Give teams 3 challenges, and every time they win one they get to keep it. Yeah, you'd have to tack another 30 minutes or so onto every game, but if it fixes the shitty officiating I'd be 100% ok with that.

I see nothing wrong with it, i think just make calls like pass interference reviewable, any time it's called it goes up to a booth where a couple guys make a judgement call on it.

Holds, fumbles, offside and everything else are pretty clear to see.

At the same time I've never had a problem with the officiating, never has bothered me in any way, even when it goes against the Gints.

They should get rid of challenges and reviews altogether. What happens on the field should stay on the field, even when bad calls go against the Giants. The refs are human, mistakes happen, it's always been part of the game.

Because holding and pass interference are judgement calls.

What they SHOULD do is make pass interference a 15 yard penalty and not a spot foul.

What Golfy said, 15 yard penalty like it is in college

Honestly, I think this is a terrible idea. Every time a DB is getting burned he's going to interfere for a 15 yarder instead of a 40 yarder.

yes. i know some of the mistakes they make often have a spotlight on them but when you consider how often they get things right in real-time speed it's pretty amazing

You're right and that's a fair point, but with parity making every team so equal talent-wise, one blown call is all it takes to wreck a whole season.

Honestly, I think this is a terrible idea. Every time a DB is getting burned he's going to interfere for a 15 yarder instead of a 40 yarder.

They could have a "breakaway" rule as in hockey where if a player who has a clear path to the end zone gets pulled down, its a spot of foul ( or more) penalty.

They could have a "breakaway" rule as in hockey where if a player who has a clear path to the end zone gets pulled down, its a spot of foul ( or more) penalty.