SportsWrath

Get Rid of Eli Apple

MikeGL

Dude retweeted a tweet saying how Rod Smith iced the Giants with 81 yard catch and run and then un-rewtweeted it after tweets were pounding him for it.

https://twitter.com/ryandisdier/status/939972391748493312

Not only that, but this video sheds some light on what kind of player he is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cnxj2qvepcY

We need to dump the waste on this team, starting with Eli Apple.

He's a young, immature player who plays like a young, immature player. He definitely has skills.

I'd let a new coach/GM do what he wants. If his interview with Apple is bad and he wants to move him, I'd be OK with that if we get something of value. Otherwise he definitely has the physical skills to be a top corner in the league.

Was he a healthy scratch again this week? I was looking for him, although I only half watch the games now, and didn't see him (on the field or sidelines). If he's still a healthy scratch with a new coach and all these injuries his career is done.

Yes, he was a healthy scratch. He was never that badly injured. He missed time to be with his mother while she was undergoing and recovering from brain surgery. There was also the immature reaction to the "brutally honest" film session, when he almost walked out. Adding all that, Giants decided he wasn't emotionally or mentally prepared to play football at this time. Looks to me like they are going to make him miss playing and appreciate the opportunity he has. I do believe he's still on his rookie contract and I agree with Seph - he's got talent. Having him come into camp hungry and afraid of being cut wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for him.

He's a young, immature player who plays like a young, immature player. He definitely has skills.

I'd let a new coach/GM do what he wants. If his interview with Apple is bad and he wants to move him, I'd be OK with that if we get something of value. Otherwise he definitely has the physical skills to be a top corner in the league.

Agreed.

Often times, young guys can be governed by the team psychology of the locker room.

When you spend a shitload of money on free agents, it's easy for things to swing from great to bad with a few losses. There was a fragile team chemistry from 2016 that was shattered in 2017.

No

Agreed.

Often times, young guys can be governed by the team psychology of the locker room.

When you spend a shitload of money on free agents, it's easy for things to swing from great to bad with a few losses. There was a fragile team chemistry from 2016 that was shattered in 2017.

This is spot on. The groomed Giants are different mentally compared to the FA paid Giants. Its their bonding and coming on the same page that makes a team click. Right now - its lacking and I put that squarely on our fucking GM and McFuckadoo

That would be a terrible waste of a first round draft pick. He struggled and screwed up in his second season and so has everyone else on the team. I think he will redeem himself if he spends some time reflecting on this season.

Simply can't cut everyone on a whim.

Yeah the kid is on a rookie contract which is the lowest of impact contracts.

Let him finish it off before he gets thrown off the team.

He has flashes, more bad than good, but still why waste the pick? Just so the Jags could go get him and he becomes a star there?

Yeah the kid is on a rookie contract which is the lowest of impact contracts.

Let him finish it off before he gets thrown off the team.

He has flashes, more bad than good, but still why waste the pick? Just so the Jags could go get him and he becomes a star there?

Again, No

Eli Lemon is turning into the biggest top 10 pick bust for the giants since Ereck Flowers.

Flowers atleast has had his attitude changed, and he's actually turning into a decent Oline player and with a move to RT he would be better.

Let's not go all Ike Hilliard here.

Flowers atleast has had his attitude changed, and he's actually turning into a decent Oline player and with a move to RT he would be better.

LOL!

That's a pretty good comparison in that both are okay players, not total wash outs, but didn't live up to their draft position.

Of course the difference is that Hilliard was way over drafted, while Flowers has underachieved.

When was this attitude change? Probably a combination of Flowers playing slightly better and everyone around him being worse.

When was this attitude change? Probably a combination of Flowers playing slightly better and everyone around him being worse.

I haven't read anything about him going ape shit on coaches this year, or last.

Plus he did stay all offseason and trained.

I mean no news is good news.

Plus we arent reading tweets about how he lies about teammates like one Mr.Apple.