SportsWrath

Wow manning benched

Herc

Driz believes we should draft a qb in the 5th. He reckons the better ones are down there.

Im simply saying Im down to evaluate the current talent but everyone got butthurt and threw a shit fit so we get to throw Manning into meaningless games where he can produce mediocre numbers some more. A third round draft pick is a valuable commodity for most teams. Albeit, Seph would definitely say, not for the Giants!

The problem with that approach is simply that with Eli taking all the practice reps and the limited practices overall - the other two might not get the evaluation you suggest.

If Webb doesn't play adequate minutes by the end of the season, I would (1) restructure Eli, (2) draft a QB in the 1st round, and (3) keep all three for 2018 before letting Eli go after 2018. We could roll into 2019 with a 2-season 3rd rounder in Webb and a 1-season 1st rounder in ???.

Yeah this is what I want to do. We cant completely scrap and start from the bottom like the 49ers or Jets did because we have uncutable contracts that will make up 49% of the 2018 cap. Most of those contracts are defense and Mara isnt the type of owner to want to embark on a long rebuild anyway.

So my feeling is that since we basically already have a defense, we should keep Eli for one more year, do the best we can to try to fix the o-line this offseason, let the two young guys learn behind him, and try to compete. If we have another awful season then so what? Itll be easier to tear things down in 2019, Elis 22 mil will be off the books, drcs 8.5 will be off the books, the dead money situation on those uncutable contracts will be better, and well have a better idea of what our future is at qb.

And if the new coach is great and the gm fixes the o-line and we end up being competitive then can always bring Eli back on a short deal.

The big difference is that Geno Smith wont be in there blocking second team reps from Webb or the rookie.

We are stuck with him either way. In my opinion we should keep Eli, draft a qb and carry all three next year. Gives us time to evaluate/groom the young guys while we try to compete.

not to mention having Eli as a mentor to the new (when the time comes)Giants Starting QB. .... heck would Eli consider being the Giants QB coach when the time comes to hang up the cleats?