SportsWrath

Our GM is seriously fucking awesome.

Sephiroth

I think our LBs are serviceable and they work well in Spag's D....but I get it that you want a stud, an all pro type back there and who wouldn't? Apparently, they wanted the guy who went to the Bears last year but when that didn't happen, they decided the guys they had were a better fit for their system than anyone else they could have picked in the later rounds. Looking at how the D has developed, maybe they're right. In this D, pass rush from front 4 and secondary are main staples. On some downs, there is only 1 LB on the field, other times, there are 2. Conversely, there are often 5 DBs or even 6. I'm sure they'd love to have a stud blitzing LB but again, who wouldn't? They don't just get delivered to your complex by Fed Ex. And I doubt Spags was banging on the table on draft day, screaming for an LB.

You've been watching Giants football again haven't you? :laugh:

Many have been confused by the fact that the Giants run a 4-3 defense and therefore assume the Giants have 3 linebackers out there as often as they have 4 defensive linemen. I don't know why they even bother calling it a 4-3, it has been a nickel defense for a very long time.

You've been watching Giants football again haven't you? :laugh:

Many have been confused by the fact that the Giants run a 4-3 defense and therefore assume the Giants have 3 linebackers out there as often as they have 4 defensive linemen. I don't know why they even bother calling it a 4-3, it has been a nickel defense for a very long time.

My exact argument against drafting LB's they're 85% in a 4-2-5. I know they get killed by RB's and TE's, but once they find a FS next to Collins that'll take care of itself

My exact argument against drafting LB's they're 85% in a 4-2-5. I know they get killed by RB's and TE's, but once they find a FS next to Collins that'll take care of itself

These are becoming alarming numbers, another person is watching Giants football now.

There's a reason our defense was so great despite no "name" linebackers. Plus it allows us to pay two corners #1 cb money and lock up three studs on the defensive line. It's a huge competitive advantage over teams that have to spread resources budgeted for defense around all three levels

• 2 months later...

Hell I'd even say the CBs on the team are in a worst spot than the LBs.

We have Jenkins who is top five corner some games and a bottom five corner others and DRC who is easily the best CB on the team but he's good to miss four games a year.

And Apple who is still a couple years away from being a starter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...