SportsWrath

Didn't watch the game

Virginia Giant

Thanks to the Carolina win, we maintained the 7th pick....though a loss would've put us into a tie with Washington.

I'm guessing we end up 5-11 at this point...win against Washington and lose the last two to the Rams and Eagles. It's going to be tough to catch Jets, Titans, Jags, Raiders, and Buccs in the loss column.

Although...

...Jets travel to Tennessee in Week 15

...Tennessee plays both the Jets and Jacksonville in weeks 15 and 16...so it's possible that they pass us, but only if we lose all 3 of our remaining games.

...Jags, as mentioned, play Tennessee.

...Carolina plays the Buccs, Browns, Falcons...so I'm thinking they stay ahead of us in the rankings.

Looking like we'll maintain our 7th overall pick, with a chance to get to #6. Unless we lose to Washington, it'll be tough to break into thetop 5 draft picks.

i've watched every painful minute this season ...............we should actually be 7-6 right now.

we should have beaten Jags , 49ers and Cowboys.

( we even had real chances against Cards , Seahawks and ( Cowboys in the other game )

If we didnt have about 20 fucking players on IR we might just have been competitive.

Imagine if we had Cruz and a healthy Jennings.

There is hope for next season without a total house clearance. ( IMO )

Our O could actually become pretty explosive in 2015 when McAdoo gets a whole year under his belt

I don't like playing the would of, could of, should of game, but the above is not entirely wrong either.

Its not like the cupboard is bare... a couple hits on offensive lineman, a healthy Cruz, and there you go, thats an offense that can go all the way.

Same deal with the linebackers. That position definitely won't be a strength next season, but a couple hits between the draft and free agency and just a little bit of injury luck at that thin position, and the defense is a solid enough group to win with too. Fewell aside.

And regarding Cruz, last I heard its not really known yet just how bad the injury was. Pretty wide range of expectations, 4-8 months recovery. If its the 4 month flavor, he'll be back at 100%. If its 8 months... we're going to need another receiver. Hopefully the team will know by the time free agency kicks off.

We need to rely less on ODB too. I don't mind using him as our best player, because he is, but he's getting a shit ton of targets and a shit ton of touches, so if a team takes him out of a game or God-forbid, he gets injured, we're right back to where we were. Having him throw passes, run the ball, return punts...all in addition to being a receiver...seems a bit much.

I read a beat writer this morning state how fans are all happy now and the 'we're not that bad' talk would start up...we beat one of the worst teams in football yesterday and lost to one the week before. Nothing has changed since we lost to the Jaguars...nothing.

I am glad for the win, but if this win in any way saves a job that was on the line a week ago or alters the offseason plans the team had a week ago...I'll regret the win in a big way.

Thanks to the Carolina win, we maintained the 7th pick....though a loss would've put us into a tie with Washington.

I'm guessing we end up 5-11 at this point...win against Washington and lose the last two to the Rams and Eagles. It's going to be tough to catch Jets, Titans, Jags, Raiders, and Buccs in the loss column.

Although...

...Jets travel to Tennessee in Week 15

...Tennessee plays both the Jets and Jacksonville in weeks 15 and 16...so it's possible that they pass us, but only if we lose all 3 of our remaining games.

...Jags, as mentioned, play Tennessee.

...Carolina plays the Buccs, Browns, Falcons...so I'm thinking they stay ahead of us in the rankings.

Looking like we'll maintain our 7th overall pick, with a chance to get to #6. Unless we lose to Washington, it'll be tough to break into thetop 5 draft picks.

Yea yesterday's game ruined a lot of shit...

Personally, the game yesterday didn't change my opinion. Hopefully the front office isn't as hyperbolic as many fans. The Giants aren't as bad as they seemed during the losing streak, and they aren't as good as they seemed yesterday or during the win streak.

I think that ODB is getting all these touches just to gain him experience. I love watching him play, but I hope it isn't like this next season because its just too much to keep him healthy for 16 games + playoffs.

i've watched every painful minute this season ...............we should actually be 7-6 right now.

we should have beaten Jags , 49ers and Cowboys.

( we even had real chances against Cards , Seahawks and ( Cowboys in the other game )

If we didnt have about 20 fucking players on IR we might just have been competitive.

Imagine if we had Cruz and a healthy Jennings.

There is hope for next season without a total house clearance. ( IMO )

Our O could actually become pretty explosive in 2015 when McAdoo gets a whole year under his belt

I admire your loyalty... I couldn't push myself to watch a bunch of posers... mostly those old fucks on the sidelines... It's great seeing young players out there... too fucking bad they waited till the season is down the shitter to play them... like how hard would it have been to just bench Kiwi, and Jwill... etc?

Yes I think 2015 will be a great year for us... we have some really good talent out there... but we need leadership that's been lacking since Strahan & Pierce retired... Tuck was never a leader and too bad Beason is injury prone... I look at the DL and I want to see more Bromely... I think he and Hankins can make us forget about courting Suh (although I'd love to bring him in)... We need a stud DE opposite of an up and down JPP... our CBs are good... but we need help at safety... maybe fucking Will Hill can get his shit together... fucking dumb ass... and we need TWO starting LBs.. not a whole lot really...

On the O, our OL is better than it played.. injuries destroyed our game and I put the blame squarely on old Tom for that.. his entire tenure is filled with those... and don't even get me started about his DCs from Lynn, Sheridan, and this poser we have now... fuck I'm so upset at how we have nothing to look forward to... till May 2015.

We need to rely less on ODB too. I don't mind using him as our best player, because he is, but he's getting a shit ton of targets and a shit ton of touches, so if a team takes him out of a game or God-forbid, he gets injured, we're right back to where we were. Having him throw passes, run the ball, return punts...all in addition to being a receiver...seems a bit much.

I read a beat writer this morning state how fans are all happy now and the 'we're not that bad' talk would start up...we beat one of the worst teams in football yesterday and lost to one the week before. Nothing has changed since we lost to the Jaguars...nothing.

I am glad for the win, but if this win in any way saves a job that was on the line a week ago or alters the offseason plans the team had a week ago...I'll regret the win in a big way.

exactly... thats why im not looking for meaningless wins.

Personally, the game yesterday didn't change my opinion. Hopefully the front office isn't as hyperbolic as many fans. The Giants aren't as bad as they seemed during the losing streak, and they aren't as good as they seemed yesterday or during the win streak.

I think that ODB is getting all these touches just to gain him experience. I love watching him play, but I hope it isn't like this next season because its just too much to keep him healthy for 16 games + playoffs.

Look... one thing we can all agree on and that's our D sucks year after year...

On the O, our OL is better than it played.. injuries destroyed our game and I put the blame squarely on old Tom for that.. his entire tenure is filled with those... and don't even get me started about his DCs from Lynn, Sheridan, and this poser we have now... fuck I'm so upset at how we have nothing to look forward to... till May 2015.

Johnnie Lynn was Fassel's guy. He's the one who replaced John Fox and famously put in no work himself and recycled Fox's game plans from prior seasons.

Johnnie Lynn was Fassel's guy. He's the one who replaced John Fox and famously put in no work himself and recycled Fox's game plans from prior seasons.

God I get a migraine just at the mention of his fucking name... stupid bitch asshole

And regarding Cruz, last I heard its not really known yet just how bad the injury was. Pretty wide range of expectations, 4-8 months recovery. If its the 4 month flavor, he'll be back at 100%. If its 8 months... we're going to need another receiver. Hopefully the team will know by the time free agency kicks off.

Either way I think we need another WR. Randle is awful and I think the team has finally realized that. Yes some of it is the emergence of OBJ, but they are not forcing targets to Randle anymore and I am not sure he will be on the team next year.

Either way I think we need another WR. Randle and I think the team has finally realized that. Yes some of it is the emergence of OBJ, but they are not forcing targets to Randle anymore and I am not sure he will be on the team next year.

Yes we do need a WR... so unless there's some can't miss stud in the 1st round I still want to shore up the OL and DL in 2 out of the first 3 picks....

Yes we do need a WR... so unless there's some can't miss stud in the 1st round I still want to shore up the OL and DL in 2 out of the first 3 picks....

Amari Cooper is a stud and would fit really well in the WCO. I think a pass rusher can be in play in round one, I am not sure what to think about Moore. He had two sacks yesterday, but also had a stupid penalty and he's terrible in contain. The coaches apparently haven't liked what they've seen in practice and he's only been getting snaps due to no other choice. He has potential though and is still only 22. A potential DLine of JPP, Bromley, Hankins and Moore could be something

For depth and to push the starters, yeah. But, I like what I've seen out of Parker. Cruz-OBJ-Parker-Randle...I'd roll with that.

Agreed on the offensive/defensive line focus. The big question marks are JPP and Rolle on defense. Those will need answered prior to the draft.

Amari Cooper is a stud and would fit really well in the WCO. I think a pass rusher can be in play in round one, I am not sure what to think about Moore. He had two sacks yesterday, but also had a stupid penalty and he's terrible in contain. The coaches apparently haven't liked what they've seen in practice and he's only been getting snaps due to no other choice. He has potential though and is still only 22. A potential DLine of JPP, Bromley, Hankins and Moore could be something

Cooper is a guy who I like, but I think that the defensive line is the way I'd go at the top of the draft. Moore - coaches can't trust him yet....after YEAR 2 I might add. JPP is not a sure thing to have back next season. Kiwi is done in more ways than one. Leaves us awfully thin at DE. I don't think we have a choice but to go DE.

Further, adding a WR to a mix that already includes Cruz and Beckham...it'd be luxury that we can't afford.

If either of the 2 QBs (Mariota and Winston) when we pick, I'd strongly consider trading down.

Cooper is a guy who I like, but I think that the defensive line is the way I'd go at the top of the draft. Moore - coaches can't trust him yet....after YEAR 2 I might add. JPP is not a sure thing to have back next season. Kiwi is done in more ways than one. Leaves us awfully thin at DE. I don't think we have a choice but to go DE.

Further, adding a WR to a mix that already includes Cruz and Beckham...it'd be luxury that we can't afford.

If either of the 2 QBs (Mariota and Winston) when we pick, I'd strongly consider trading down.

Pass rushers are plentiful though. Say they look at a guy like Gregory, he's pretty much the same thing has Moore and they already spent time on Moore. Moore is still only 22 and they knew he was raw with upside coming out. I am torn on Cooper(Your right he would probably be a luxury) or getting a guy like Brandon Scherff for the Oline

I would not be opposed to OT-G-DE in the first 3 rounds, virtually in any order so as to maximize value.

EDIT: So long as the G is not the first rounder, #7 overall

I think Randy Gregory is a top 5 guy by most accounts. We'd be looking more at Shane Ray...but a lot would depend on what happens with the 2 QBs and the OTs who always seem to rise up the board.

Oh Schreff is the corn fed Iowa, blue collar punch you in the mouth guy that T was talking about.

Fucking A Man... this is road grader type I would love to have... he would put an RB in his back pocket and you got a five yard gain half the time at least... :wub: