SportsWrath

Rock bottom

Chuck Wagon

neither Roethlisberger or Rivers could have handled New York. Especially Big Ben, what with his rapey tendencies and all that.

I think this whole New York shit is way overblown... what's there to really handle?

Speaking of Petitgout:

Luke Petitgout Former NY Giant Arrested for Sexual Assault
11/5/2014 5:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1105-luke-petitgout-mug-shot-1.jpg

Luke Petitgout -- who played nine seasons in the NFL, mostly with the New York Giants -- was arrested in New Jersey on Tuesday on a charge of sexual assault and simple assault.

The 6'6", 275-pound Petitgout was arrested at the home of his estranged wife Jennifer, says the NY Daily News. Jennifer is the alleged victim and the paper says she was photographed with bruises.

He was arrested and charged with sexual assault with force and simple assault. He is currently being held on $50,000 bail.

Petitgout's attorney, Patrick J. Jennings, called the charges "baseless" and told the News, “We intend to vigorously defend against the charges.”

Petitgout had reportedly been at a New York Giants reunion Monday night before the alleged incident took place.

I think this whole New York shit is way overblown... what's there to really handle?

Constant attention without the starry-eyed worship these guys receive in other cities.

Roethlisberger got a pretty good deal in life, growing up then playing college ball in rural, football crazy Ohio, and then going to even more football crazy Pittsburgh. He should really probably be in prison somewhere.

Constant attention without the starry-eyed worship these guys receive in other cities.

Roethlisberger got a pretty good deal in life, growing up then playing college ball in rural, football crazy Ohio, and then going to even more football crazy Pittsburgh. He should really probably be in prison somewhere.

Come on man.. you want the guy to go to prison for rape? smh

:P

Speaking of Petitgout:

Luke Petitgout Former NY Giant Arrested for Sexual Assault
11/5/2014 5:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1105-luke-petitgout-mug-shot-1.jpg

Luke Petitgout -- who played nine seasons in the NFL, mostly with the New York Giants -- was arrested in New Jersey on Tuesday on a charge of sexual assault and simple assault.

The 6'6", 275-pound Petitgout was arrested at the home of his estranged wife Jennifer, says the NY Daily News. Jennifer is the alleged victim and the paper says she was photographed with bruises.

He was arrested and charged with sexual assault with force and simple assault. He is currently being held on $50,000 bail.

Petitgout's attorney, Patrick J. Jennings, called the charges "baseless" and told the News, “We intend to vigorously defend against the charges.”

Petitgout had reportedly been at a New York Giants reunion Monday night before the alleged incident took place.

Looks like d bag was feeling all nostalgic that night. ......wonder if he let Collins get a helmet in the back...or..jump off sides...just for old times sake too.

C. Wagon

I don't think that's what Gmenroc was saying.. The Giants didn't pay and arm and a leg for any of the QBs you mentioned... Yes Eli has got us somewhere and 2 championships are nothing to sneeze at but at this point of his career and over the past few season, he's been playing way below his pay grade.

This is what you have to take into consideration. We are talking about a team that had years of instability at QB and when they decided to sign Eli Manning who was going to be the guy that took the team to the next level. We can talk for years about "What if we drafted...." but that is just pointless. You can't blame Eli Manning for not having a running game since 2011 and the offense wasn't designed to operate without a running game. As far as how much Eli Manning gets paid, blame him for having a better agent than our ability to manage the cap which has never been a strong point.

I agree....and in Rodgers, we're talking about the very best QB around today and one of the best I've ever seen. Now ask yourself how a more "human" QB would fare behind our OL and counting on our so-so receivers? Guys like Rivers, Big Ben, Cutler, Ryan, Stafford......they'd be like, "get me outta here"!

Not saying Eli hasn't had his bad moments/games but you can't look at his game in a vacuum. There are 10 other guys in the equation and too often that's forgotten, on this Board and other places.....and I give Eli A LOT of credit for not once, in all his years here, throwing a teammate or a unit (like the OL) under the bus.

This is why these QB discussions are pointless. Football is by far the most team oriented sport. A superstar can elevate a team but he can't carry it. Look at how great big brother Manning looked when his OLine shit the bed in the SB. No QB will succeed with a low end OLine and no running game. NONE.

That line put Collins on IR.

Not for nothing, but this line Reese has put together for the past 4 seasons or so would get anyone not named Manning on IR... and Eli almost was last year. That week 16 injury would have ended his season in week 12.

Really?

Career wise? Yeah. If I was giving letter grades to each guy:

Beatty - C

Richburg - B- (but admittedly has potential to be very good)

Walton - C-

Jerry - D-

Pugh - B-

On the other hand, I'd have given those other guys these grades:

Pettitgout - B -

Lucier - C (similar problem to Richburg in that he's a center who played out of position)

Bober - B-

Diehl - A-

Allen - D

I'm not saying its a huge upgrade, but honestly? Yeah, I'd take that second group.

I never thought Pettigout was B-

His rookie year he sure wasn't. He got manhandled at Guard but next season was a pretty good RT.

The year after that he moved to LT and was a borderline Pro Bowler till his last season and a half (when he became the human false start machine).

I'd take it over Beatty's season and a half of decent play.