SportsWrath

Rock bottom

Chuck Wagon

The defense went ka-phut the moment Beason went down. We just shat the bed continuously after that. The OL has also had its diarrhea cases. Overall, I think the McAdoo system with Beckham and a healthy Cruz and a decent TE should be in good shape. What we need is a new DC - a dynamic one like the ones the Rams have right now. Get back Spags!!! (wishful thinking). We don't need an overall. We just need a bit of tweaking on the Defense. The defense has lost us some pathetic games. Look at the second half scoring against. Its piss poor

The defense wasn't even on the field when two of Jax's TDs were scored. The offense need to hold onto the ball.

The defense went ka-phut the moment Beason went down. We just shat the bed continuously after that. The OL has also had its diarrhea cases. Overall, I think the McAdoo system with Beckham and a healthy Cruz and a decent TE should be in good shape. What we need is a new DC - a dynamic one like the ones the Rams have right now. Get back Spags!!! (wishful thinking). We don't need an overall. We just need a bit of tweaking on the Defense. The defense has lost us some pathetic games. Look at the second half scoring against. Its piss poor

Yep I referenced that earlier maybe in this thread or another one... The defense has gone to shit ever since the leaders retired/gone.. from Strathan, Pierce, and Beason... Beason can be a beast and too bad he's always injured...

The defense wasn't even on the field when two of Jax's TDs were scored. The offense need to hold onto the ball.

Agreed.

The offense has been just as responsible as the defense in losing games, IMO. You can't score less than 7 points in the second half of games and expect to win. You also can't score for the other team and expect to win

Honestly what caliber of QB is Eli, really? Think about the last couple of seasons, and the head scratching mistakes he makes on his own that no elite QB makes with any regularity, and yet he makes them... Repeatedly. And more than that, he's never been a consistent QB in which the passing game is a strength on a weekly basis.

He does some good things, and he certainly could be a good QB again, but this is about ROI. Eli's ROI to the team the last couple of seasons is horrible. You can't say he's the franchise, build your team around him as the centerpiece, and win. And so if that guy is going to be your QB, he needs to make Kyle Orton money, not Peyton Manning money.

Exactly.

To be successful, Eli needs an o-line, #1 receiver, and a decent running game. This offense is at least 8 players away from that, and Eli is 34 years old. By the time this gets rebuilt he'll be 37... and it'll be time to find someone else anyway.

As you say, I'm fine paying him #11 - #15 QB money if he wants to stay, but this top 5 crap isn't going to fly for a team in full rebuilding mode... and to those of you that think we don't need to go full rebuilding mode, take a look at our record over the past 5 seasons and tell me if this is heading in the right direction... and this is the year AFTER we turned over 50% of our roster.

it's too hard and you need way too much to break right to have a dominant defense in 2014. you win in this league by having an offense than can keep up with the others. inb4 seattle--that was an exception not the rule

Exactly.

To be successful, Eli needs an o-line, #1 receiver, and a decent running game. This offense is at least 8 players away from that, and Eli is 34 years old. By the time this gets rebuilt he'll be 37... and it'll be time to find someone else anyway.

As you say, I'm fine paying him #11 - #15 QB money if he wants to stay, but this top 5 crap isn't going to fly for a team in full rebuilding mode... and to those of you that think we don't need to go full rebuilding mode, take a look at our record over the past 5 seasons and tell me if this is heading in the right direction... and this is the year AFTER we turned over 50% of our roster.

Thats a wild exaggeration. Two above average players on the offensive line would be enough. Another wide receiver would be nice, but its not a deal breaker. It could still happen that Randle develops and Cruz comes back at 95%, and ODB is your featured #1 receiver regardless.

And as for the 'Eli needs a great offensive line' comments, think back to 2011... that was a BAD offensive line. Not abysmal like this season's edition, but clearly a below average group. He doesn't need a great offensive line, he needs a good-enough offensive line.

Eli has never been a great return on investment...from day 1. Could argue he has lived off a handful of clutch performances, but his draft price and cap number far, far exceed what he's provided the Giants. Let him play out next year and either offer him #15 QB money or let him enter free agency to see what he can get there. Go no higher than #12 money.

Defense...we need a LB to build with Kennard. We need to resign some of the secondary pieces we brought in last year. Those were some good moves that injuries tore apart. Need anotherto defensive linemen as well. But before anything else, fire Fewell. He's run his course.

Offense...simply need offensive line help and another WR. I will admit that Randel has had his chance to fulfill Nicks spot and he has failed to do so. I still think we made the right move there give Randel deserved his chance being a second rounder, but that chance has been had and it's time to move on

Eli has never been a great return on investment...from day 1. Could argue he has lived off a handful of clutch performances, but his draft price and cap number far, far exceed what he's provided the Giants. Let him play out next year and either offer him #15 QB money or let him enter free agency to see what he can get there. Go no higher than #12 money.

Defense...we need a LB to build with Kennard. We need to resign some of the secondary pieces we brought in last year. Those were some good moves that injuries tore apart. Need anotherto defensive linemen as well. But before anything else, fire Fewell. He's run his course.

Offense...simply need offensive line help and another WR. I will admit that Randel has had his chance to fulfill Nicks spot and he has failed to do so. I still think we made the right move there give Randel deserved his chance being a second rounder, but that chance has been had and it's time to move on

Spot on.

Miss the good old years of Kurt Warner, Kerry Collins, Jesse Palmer, Kent Graham, Danny Kanell and Dave Brown huh. How many super bowl wins between them? Ok how many playoff appearances?

What is the return rate on the investment at Quarterback again?

The D gave up only 11 points and got 7 sacks. The offense gave up more points than the defense. Fire Fewell.

The last three loses have been more O than D. The D played well enough to win but the O completely failed to do anything in the last half of those games. The O continually puts the D in bad spots that they are not talented enough to dig the team out of. The D did enough against all three teams but the O wasn't helping.

Agree... I always cringed at the price we paid for Eli... I think we could have gotten just as much from Rivers... but be that as it may... his contract is a black hole that has the potential to suck down all of the money...

Thats a wild exaggeration. Two above average players on the offensive line would be enough. Another wide receiver would be nice, but its not a deal breaker. It could still happen that Randle develops and Cruz comes back at 95%, and ODB is your featured #1 receiver regardless.

And as for the 'Eli needs a great offensive line' comments, think back to 2011... that was a BAD offensive line. Not abysmal like this season's edition, but clearly a below average group. He doesn't need a great offensive line, he needs a good-enough offensive line.

It IS a bit of an exaggeration. But lets put it this way: we have one adequate guy on the O-line and four question marks.

Last year? We had one adequate guy on the O-line and four question marks.

Reese has had his chances to fix this shit, and we're getting WORSE results. We're not one or two guys away... right now we've got Eli, Beatty, Jennings, and Beckham as "sure things," and honestly you don't really know what you're getting out of those guys week to week, especially when you factor in how injured three of them are.

And for the members of the board saying "keep Reese and Coughlin because you don't know what's out there to replace them with..." that is a LOSER'S mentality. Honestly, that's the most pathetic reason I've ever heard to keep ineffectual people in their jobs. THAT mentality is what keeps Moore on the bench... because the Giants "don't know what they have..." and keeps a scrub like Kiwi in the lineup.

that certainly could be true. i just think that when he's been retired a few years and we look back on this era we will be happy that we made the trade

I can't thank him and TC enough for what they have done, But the other part of me feels like when Fassel was at his end in NY.

This team is so far from being relevant that it's ridiculous. It's not just the players, injuries, coaches, trainers, GM, or waterboys. It's everything. These giants haven't beaten anyone good in over two years, have gotten worse each year, and they just blew a 21-0 lead to the fucking jaguars as the kill shot. A big time overhaul is needed. From the GM down to the gatorade boy. No one should be safe.

This team is so far from being relevant that it's ridiculous. It's not just the players, injuries, coaches, trainers, GM, or waterboys. It's everything. These giants haven't beaten anyone good in over two years, have gotten worse each year, and they just blew a 21-0 lead to the fucking jaguars as the kill shot. A big time overhaul is needed. From the GM down to the gatorade boy. No one should be safe.

Sharick!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Let it out man!