SportsWrath

Rock bottom

Chuck Wagon

not every team that rebuilds trades multiple 1st round picks for a player that they give up on after 1000 pass attempts

No but the ones that are poor at it certainly overspend in free agency on players who contribute nothing.

No but your opinions on overhauling the roster again does.

That wasn't my opinion... I'm the one who said "we're only a few pieces away from being good again".. or something like that... My gripe is part of the changes need to be on the coaching side as well.

I go back a long way with the Giants. My fandom has always been to play long..but today......time to deconstruct the entire deal ..top down.

I feel very, very sad...

C.. Wagon

I knew it too after the San Francisco game. This era of Giants football is over.

Blowing the whole thing up sounds good until its done and you see what we have to work with the following season. If you want to begin with firing Jerry Reese then who do you replace him with? Whoever that person will be has to now find a head coach and staff. Its not a two year quick fix plan its a five year plan that might work if they get the Right General Manager who hires the Right Coach who gets a Decent staff and bats at least .500 in the draft.

I think Fewell needs to be fired, and if Tom doesn't have the stomach for that, then perhaps it's his time to retire.

I would keep Coughlin, but replace Fewell.

In a best case scenario, the defense rebounds, we get some better luck with injuries, and Reese manages to upgrade the offensive line and get us another quality linebacker to complement Kennard.....that could be enough for this team to be in the wildcard mix again.

McAdoo has the offense moving the ball....problem is that the line sucks ass.

I think Fewell needs to be fired, and if Tom doesn't have the stomach for that, then perhaps it's his time to retire.

In a best case scenario, the defense rebounds, we get some better luck with injuries, and Reese manages to upgrade the offensive line and get us another quality linebacker to complement Kennard.....that could be enough for this team to be in the wildcard mix again.

This isn't enough.

This team is a total shit storm from top to bottom. Reese definitely has to go, and Coughlin has to go. Eli can play out the last year of his contract, but we should start grooming the next guy behind him. He's not the future, and by the time our team is rebuilt he'll be ready to retire as well.

It really is over. I didn't want Tom to go, but I think that the Giants need a new identity, and that comes from the head coach. And I think Eli is not a good enough passer anymore to make the offense what it should be, and starting right now, I'm looking for ways to work Nassib into games to see what he is capable of.

The Giants should aspire to have a QB like Luck, Rodgers, or Brees. Great passers, not a guy who seem to always have his team hanging by a thread.

I don't think there is any way that this will be Coughlin's last season. I fully expect Coughlin to be back next year. I doubt we will see Reese let go, either. I do think Fewell will take the brunt of this shitstorm of a season but I don't think it's entirely fair. In reality, it's one side or the other that fails come game day. We have yet to see a complete effort from both offense and defense within the same game. Special teams has done enough not to hurt us, for the most part. But the offense is usually either anemic for long stretches of a game (typically in the second half but also not uncommon to play the entire first half in a funk, too) or they are giving the game away with stupid fucking penalties and turnovers. Completely anti-Coughlin in terms of what the man is looking to bring to the field every week, consistent, fundamentally sound football. The defense is typically folding when they should be holding teams to hang on for a win. Either that or they are getting completely dominated at the point of attack ALL game and are giving up huge chunks of yardage. Today they played well until the last 2 minutes of the game.

I do think this is all mostly on Coughlin but I don't see the Giants ownership wanting to push him out the door with really no better option out there. You can't move McAdoo up because, to be quite honest, his offense hasn't shown to be any better than Gilbride's, with the exception that Manning is having an Alex Smith type season---managing not to lose games on his own, but doing nothing to win them, either---rather than throwing games away like he was last year. That's a minor improvement but it hasn't translated to consistency, points, and most importantly--wins. So who else out there would be down for running McAdoo's offense, likely dealing with a bunch of veterans who don't fit what you're trying to do because of 2013's inane spending free, and dealing with a lack of young talent on the roster?

You can only re-shoe an old horse so many times before you have to admit it's lame. Coughlin's time is over. Thanks for the rings, enjoy your retirement.

I still find it hilarious that after a game lost because of offensive turnovers you guys blame Fewell.

This isn't enough.

This team is a total shit storm from top to bottom. Reese definitely has to go, and Coughlin has to go. Eli can play out the last year of his contract, but we should start grooming the next guy behind him. He's not the future, and by the time our team is rebuilt he'll be ready to retire as well.

I disagree.. Eli has a few years left and you just don't find QBs if his caliber... I can think of a few teams who'd rather have Eli.

Reese isn't bad and has gotten better... The rash of injuries did this team in.

Coughlin eh... I honestly don't think it matters and you'd have to ask yourself who out there is better?

Coughin seem to suck as assembling staff and firing when they don't work out... It's like he never wants to admit failure...

You can only re-shoe an old horse so many times before you have to admit it's lame. Coughlin's time is over. Thanks for the rings, enjoy your retirement.

I still find it hilarious that after a game lost because of offensive turnovers you guys blame Fewell.

Blaming Fewel isn't the result of THIS game.

Honestly what caliber of QB is Eli, really? Think about the last couple of seasons, and the head scratching mistakes he makes on his own that no elite QB makes with any regularity, and yet he makes them... Repeatedly. And more than that, he's never been a consistent QB in which the passing game is a strength on a weekly basis.

He does some good things, and he certainly could be a good QB again, but this is about ROI. Eli's ROI to the team the last couple of seasons is horrible. You can't say he's the franchise, build your team around him as the centerpiece, and win. And so if that guy is going to be your QB, he needs to make Kyle Orton money, not Peyton Manning money.

The Jacksonville Jaguars came back from 21-0.... Whats next the raiders rally on us. I know its a any givin sunday game but come on man. We have been saying were a few pieces aways for the past three years. Its time to move on.

We replaced the entire oline except for Pettigout and Diehl. Replaced QBs. Rebuilt the interior of the defensive line in 2004. Changed even more in 2005. Yeah, we blew the team up.

Yes Gut... it comes from watching 4 decades plus of Giants Football... we have seen everything post 1968 regarding the Giants and they are entering an era of decline that requires a new direction... And if they do it sooner rather than later... maybe we can escape the McVay or Handley eras of ineptitude... ;)

The defense went ka-phut the moment Beason went down. We just shat the bed continuously after that. The OL has also had its diarrhea cases. Overall, I think the McAdoo system with Beckham and a healthy Cruz and a decent TE should be in good shape. What we need is a new DC - a dynamic one like the ones the Rams have right now. Get back Spags!!! (wishful thinking). We don't need an overall. We just need a bit of tweaking on the Defense. The defense has lost us some pathetic games. Look at the second half scoring against. Its piss poor