SportsWrath

Giants culture problem

BlueInCanada

Decent article highlighting what has been going wrong with this team since 2011.

Some things I agree with, that the Mara's have been way to involved with trying to manage the team instead of letting the HC and GM do their job, which was apparent in the whole cluster fuck of the Eli benching.

Also goes on to talk about how bad Getty is at managing player contract and cap space, while also not giving a fuck about any players on his team at the end of the day, doesn't show any loyalty and expects players to play and perform without the incentive of a good contract.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjD46uQ56LiAhXOwFkKHQgpC6sQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.actionnetwork.com%2Fnfl%2Fnew-york-giants-football-odell-beckham-eli-manning-john-mara-david-gettleman-culture&psig=AOvVaw21ISJV_2PTBdI6o2DfqDJ4&ust=1558190779365605

Just wonderful... glad I'm a Warriors and SHARKS fan.

I mean he does highlight some good points going forward but ultimately John and Chris Mara need to take a step back like they did when JR and Coughlin were running the show.

You cant run a successful organization if everything you want to do is going to be overridden by the owner.

Maybe Mara needs to get into one of these prostitution rings like Kraft so he's to busy getting rub and tugs to worry about the team.

I mean he does highlight some good points going forward but ultimately John and Chris Mara need to take a step back like they did when JR and Coughlin were running the show.

You cant run a successful organization if everything you want to do is going to be overridden by the owner.

Maybe Mara needs to get into one of these prostitution rings like Kraft so he's to busy getting rub and tugs to worry about the team.

I do not have high hopes for DG or the coaching staff. Owners often hire in their own image. Remember, the Giants were so poorly managed by the feuding Maras that Rozelle had to step in and beget George Young, who begot Parcells and all the lunchpails. Maybe history is repeating.

I've been inching towards the "Mara is the problem" mindset for a while now too.

Between turning the most coveted ticket in sports into a one-third empty stadium each weekend to the Eli mismanagement to the "uncharacteristic chewing out" of the team that now happens about four times a year, it's becoming obvious that this silver-spoon rich kid is benefiting from being born on third more so than any quality management on his part.

I do not have high hopes for DG or the coaching staff. Owners often hire in their own image. Remember, the Giants were so poorly managed by the feuding Maras that Rozelle had to step in and beget George Young, who begot Parcells and all the lunchpails. Maybe history is repeating.

I like DG as a talent evaluator and team builder, he works with his coaches to build the team they want.

My problem with DG is everything else.

He isn't good at balancing around the cap.

He shows no loyalty to players which reflects in his locker rooms.

He's willing to throw everyone else under the bus to save face (JR was the same way)

He doesn't have the greatest track record.

I've been inching towards the "Mara is the problem" mindset for a while now too.

Between turning the most coveted ticket in sports into a one-third empty stadium each weekend to the Eli mismanagement to the "uncharacteristic chewing out" of the team that now happens about four times a year, it's becoming obvious that this silver-spoon rich kid is benefiting from being born on third more so than any quality management on his part.

I've been saying it about Mara after the first Super Bowl in 2007 when he acted like he built the team himself and was out there willing Eli to win the game.

The dude is delusional and thinks he IS the New York Giants like if it was only Tisch running things they would of failed long ago.

Not to mention all the bullshit he pulls on the competition committee.

Sure he ain't out there slapping prostitutes around or dropping the N bomb on phone messages but John is a hack when compared with Senior.

I don't agree with the article. It reads more like the writer had decided who was at fault then lined up information to back that premise.

The franchise has been around since 1925 and the author is focused in on the last eight years. We have had years of success and too many years of dismal failure and all this happened when Wellington Mara ran the team, then added co-owner Bob Tisch, hired a GM, etc. I think there is a level of acceptance at being an average team in the NFC East because of loyalty to people which I agree has been a consistent problem.

For the last eight years the Giants offensive line has broken down yet the blame remains on Eli Manning. Why would John Mara have to talk to Eli Manning about sitting on Sunday? That is a coaching decision, not an ownership decision. Ben McAdoo benched Eli Manning because he was the head coach. John Mara is not going to tell Daniel Jones or any other player on the roster who is starting on Sunday, that job belongs Pat Shurmur right now.

I have no idea how he concluded Eli Manning was re-signed by Gettleman.

We don't have an ownership problem meddling with players like other franchises. We do have owners that give more opportunities at redemption to people who are loyal to the organization than others.

I don't agree with the article. It reads more like the writer had decided who was at fault then lined up information to back that premise.

The franchise has been around since 1925 and the author is focused in on the last eight years. We have had years of success and too many years of dismal failure and all this happened when Wellington Mara ran the team, then added co-owner Bob Tisch, hired a GM, etc. I think there is a level of acceptance at being an average team in the NFC East because of loyalty to people which I agree has been a consistent problem.

For the last eight years the Giants offensive line has broken down yet the blame remains on Eli Manning. Why would John Mara have to talk to Eli Manning about sitting on Sunday? That is a coaching decision, not an ownership decision. Ben McAdoo benched Eli Manning because he was the head coach. John Mara is not going to tell Daniel Jones or any other player on the roster who is starting on Sunday, that job belongs Pat Shurmur right now.

I have no idea how he concluded Eli Manning was re-signed by Gettleman.

We don't have an ownership problem meddling with players like other franchises. We do have owners that give more opportunities at redemption to people who are loyal to the organization than others.

But yet that's exactly what happened.

Mara himself said he went and talked to MacAttack about making a change at QB, and was more then likely the driving force behind trading OBJ.

This team was never able to capitalize on the team they had from 2007 to 2011, they should of been a powerhouse but were left in the dust due to Mara's inahbility to move on from JR/Coughlin and hire guys like MacAttack, Sheridan, etc.

You can be loyal and inept at the same time. Temperature wrote it above- 8 years with a bad o line. Also there was about 100 years of no LBs. But you cant change ownership so why waste the energy. Its DG and UnShur and the DC that are the movable pieces

But yet that's exactly what happened.

Mara himself said he went and talked to MacAttack about making a change at QB, and was more then likely the driving force behind trading OBJ.

This team was never able to capitalize on the team they had from 2007 to 2011, they should of been a powerhouse but were left in the dust due to Mara's inahbility to move on from JR/Coughlin and hire guys like MacAttack, Sheridan, etc.

Where does it say John Mara went to McAdoo about making a QB change? Where is this article of John Mara asking for a change at QB?