SportsWrath

Owners agree to 6 year deal!

Motes

I do, who else do we have to play WLB? Very good chane it will happen, now that we have another $10 mill to spend.

I just think he'll be a cancer. He's a respectable LB, but you never know what your gonna get out of him. Who knows though, he may be great with us. I'm just sceptical.

Labor peace was restored to the NFL when the owners agreed to the players' union proposal Wednesday, extending the collective bargaining agreement for six years.

There were no further details on the agreement, including whether it includes expanded revenue sharing.

The vote was 30-2, with Buffalo and Cincinnati, two low-revenue teams, voting against it.

Free agency, put off twice by the protracted negotiations between the owners and players, now will start at 12:01 a.m. Friday.

"It was a good compromise," said Jim Irsay, owner of low-revenue Indianapolis. "We're happy with it -- 30-2 is a good vote."

They only played like 2 games together....

but anyway if he is the best we can get then i say get him as long as a reasonable price considering his produciton in the last 2 years

plus, I think he has a personnel vendetta with the 'Skins and wants to do anything in his power to prove they were dumb for doing to him what they have done, with the whole benching, and getting lippy with him

lets get him

Got a link, because the last time I checked they weren't even close.

http://www.jetscap.com/

Plus, I've been following the situtation and doing the math myself. By restructuring Ellis, Coles, Kendall, and Moore, and having Martin and Pennington take pay cuts, and cutting Law, Gardner, Fiedler, Fabini, Williams, Legree, Sowell, and Mawae, they've saved roughly that much.

http://www.jetscap.com/

Plus, I've been following the situtation and doing the math myself. By restructuring Ellis, Coles, Kendall, and Moore, and having Martin and Pennington take pay cuts, and cutting Law, Gardner, Fiedler, Fabini, Williams, Legree, Sowell, and Mawae, they've saved roughly that much.

Excellent work. :clap:

I don't think this includes Abraham signing his tender (which he didn't yet).

From poster "Kerry Rhodes" at JetNation.com:

Salary Cap Update - March 7th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To recap our recent moves.

A few days ago we were 5.5m over the cap. Once we said it was 8.5m over the cap counting Chad Penningtons 3m dollar bonus. With him not receiving it till the new league year, we were 5.5m over the cap.

--Then came the restructures of Lav Coles, Sean Ellis, and Brandon Moore. These saved us about 6m, bringing us under the salary cap(94.5m) by .5m(94m).

So we were at 94m.

-Then came the release of Kevin Mawae saving us 1.1m bringing us roughly down to 93m.

-Then came the restructuring of Pete Kendall. Pete essentially signed a new 4yr deal and Ill discuss the implication in a minute, but this year his cap hit went from 5.2m --> in between 2.3m and 2.6m. Roughly lets say this deal saved us alittle less then 3m. This brings our cap figure down to 90m.

-The came the Chad Pennington deal. First off, some of his salary was reduced in each of the years to comply with the 30 percent rule. Secondly, lets remember we were negotiating ONLY 9m of the dollars here.

Of that 9m, the way it turns out is Chad received 3m, and as we all have heard has 6m he could reach back with incentives. How this was done is by bringing down his base salary to 545,000. and giving him a roster bonus of 2.45m. With his cap hit of 3m as I just explained, PLUS his signing bonus of 3m his cap hit is 6m as of right now.

Due to Chad's injury's, and the fact no one has ever come back/recent injured year/ I am guessing most of these "incentives" are unlikely to be earned-Which dont hit our cap now, but will hit the second they are achieved during the year if there is no new CBA. If a new CBA is reached, well address this situation then.

The one other situation I need to address is Chad's future years. Now im going against what you might have read in papers, but Chad looks like he gaurenteed himself to be on the team next year as well. Chad's Cap hit next year is 6.9m, but will cost 9m to cut. Of his 6.9m, 2m is a roster bonus in march which if he receives will negate the idea of releasing him after June 1st. Obviously if its an uncapped year, its anyones guess here.

In conclusion, Chad's deal saved us 6m against the cap RIGHT NOW. This brings our cap Figure down to 84m including the John Abraham tag.

As Miguel has reported on Patsfans.com, the Jets received a .5m cap credit, meaning we can spend 95m instead of 94.5.

In conclusion, right now we are around 84m and can spend 95m. We are roughly 11m under including John Abraham.

Salary Cap Implications:

-If you want to include John Abraham being traded, we will be below 76m almost 19m under the cap.

-IMO, Chad gave up money this year to ensure he has 2 years on the team to prove himself. Again IMO, he will be a Jet in 2006, and 2007.

-Pete Kendall just signed a GREAT DEAL. He will retire a Jet. His contract is leveled in between 2.5-->3m for the next four years. Essentially a 4 yr deal worth 11m/4m SB, Kendalls going to be here cheaply for awhile.

-Brandon Moore is signed for the next 5 years just making .8m---> 1.2m which is another extremely CHEAP contract. Quietly, he will probably be a part of our line for longer then Kevin Mawae.

-With 10m of cap room right now the Jets can go make a run at Free Agents if they so choose.

-Still from last time, remember Dewayne Robertson's cap hit is near 10m dollars. With him not restructuring, he is much easier to let go in the upcoming seasons if he does not fit with the new defense.

-The contract talked about above including Pennington, Kendall, and Brandon Moore, and other information above was found with articles, links, and checked against the NFLPA. Please correct me if im wrong on anything. Now if you look at the two Jets websites Jetscap, and Wi-research they both report two different figures of 78m, and 85m so I do expect some differences and small problems here and there. I believe Wi-research is the more accurate one, and once you subtract players 52, and 53 from their 85 cap hit, my numbers are right on line with their numbers.

So, with the new CBA, the Jets are around $22m under, and if Abe is traded, $30M under.

Woh, how'd that happen? Some excellent management by the new guys there. Heading in the right direction.

After updates: it is $14M WITH Abraham's tender, but he is expected to be traded very soon, barring no cap hit and clear $8M to be $22M under.