SportsWrath

Jameel McClain

gmenroc

I think a major reason why they are going after McClain so early is because they couldn't lock Beason in before the start of free agency.

FA doesn't officially start until Tuesday the 11th. Still time for Beason...but if we draw interest from McClain...it could be the bargaining chip that you seem to indicate.

I think it's probably a mixed motive, with the best case scenario is Beason AND McClain...at least in the organization's eyes.

FA doesn't officially start until Tuesday the 11th. Still time for Beason...but if we draw interest from McClain...it could be the bargaining chip that you seem to indicate.

I think it's probably a mixed motive, with the best case scenario is Beason AND McClain...at least in the organization's eyes.

Oddly already thought it began

Yep, if Reese's answer for LB is to sign a stop gap for one to two years, I guess I can live with it.

I think there's something weird though like, if you're released you can sign with another team. That's how D'Qwell Jackson got his deal already.

Oddly already thought it began

You can sign your own FAs as well as those players who have been released from their former team.

A team who knows they aren't bringing back a certain player could give that player an edge by releasing them earlier...allowing them to sign elsewhere. The original team wouldn't give themselves much of an advantage by holding the player an extra week or two and at the same time, creating a clearer cap/need/offseason plan.

I was really hoping we'd sign more OL in free agency, so that we could draft that LBer Mosely from Alabama with the #12 pick.

Giants still might. They tend to lean towads the draft for depth and FA for plugging the holes. Given Beason is signed for 3 years and our other linebackers...we'll see how long their deals are...Mosely could hang for a year before getting into the lineup.

Sweet... we just replaced two mediocre guys... with two MORE mediocre guys!

Super Bowl!

according to pro football reference:

Rivers in 16 games last year had 23 tackles, McClain had 29 in 10 games.

I'd rather have McClain.