SportsWrath

The Black Tim Tebow

Virginia Giant

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/prince-amukamara-nickname-the-black-tim-tebow/ New York Giants cornerback says some people call him ‘the black Tim Tebow’
Posted by Laces Out Crew on September 17th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

091712-1-NFL-Giants-Prince-Amukamara-OB-

By Andy Nesbitt, FOXSports.com

A recent Q&A with Prince Amukamara in Muscle and Fitness magazine took an interesting turn when the New York Giants cornerback was asked about his nickname.

You said one of your nicknames is “the black Tim Tebow.”

[Laughs] Yeah, some people call me the black Tim Tebow.

Well, Tim Tebow famously said that he was a virgin. Are you? Are you open to talking about that?

Yeah, I am a virgin. I’m not ashamed to say that.

Amukamara, who is planning to marry his longtime girlfriend a week after Super Bowl XLVIII in Feb., also said that he hasn’t had a drink in his life, but added that could change soon.

When we spoke right after you entered the league, you said you had never been drunk in your life, and that you’ve actually never had a drop of alcohol. Is that still true?

A lot can happen in that time, but it is still true. I still haven’t had a drink. I told my fiancée that I’ll probably take my first drink at my bachelor party. I don’t know if I will, but…

Maybe you should wait til the
. If you do it at the bachelor party, that could get out of hand quickly.

[Laughs] I know. I still haven’t had one, though.

If you plan on having one, clearly you’re not against it. How is it that you’ve waited this long?

I grew up Catholic, so it just started out as one of those things. I’d think, “If I do this, maybe I can get to heaven,” so I said no drinks, no sex, all the big things. As I grew up, I realized that’s not what it’s about. It’s about having a
with Jesus. It’s not about “Don’t do this. Don’t do that.” But still, it’s just one of those things I haven’t done, and I don’t see any benefit to doing it. You’re always reading about people getting DUIs. So many bad things that happen and wind up in the paper are alcohol-related, so by not drinking, it saves me, my team, and my family a lot of trouble.

He also explained how he got the name Prince.

Your name, Prince, is literal. You’re an actual prince. Can you explain that how that works?

My dad is a chief in a village in Nigeria and since I’m the first son, I get the title as prince. I think if I wanted to become a chief there, I would have to
there, so it would be whenever I’m ready.

(H/T FTW)

Cool, but wtf? Where did this come from?

I hate tim tebow anyway, does that mean I should hate you Prince?

Why would you hate Tim Tebow though? The kid hasn't done anything wrong.. it's not his fault the media is all over him. I like Tebow the person.. he's a class act and wish him the best.

Why would you hate Tim Tebow though? The kid hasn't done anything wrong.. it's not his fault the media is all over him. I like Tebow the person.. he's a class act and wish him the best.

Don't really care about his "class act" business. I find him super annoying.

But that's what I'm getting at.. the guy hasn't done anything to warrant the hate he's getting. He may not be a very good football player but on a personal level he's far better than a lot of drama queens out there.

Me too. It's not because he's religious like everyone says... lots of athletes are religious. It's because he beats you over the head with it.

Dude doesn't need to thank Jesus before answering every single question. You love Jesus... we get it. Could you now answer why you threw four picks today?

Me too. It's not because he's religious like everyone says... lots of athletes are religious. It's because he beats you over the head with it.

Dude doesn't need to thank Jesus before answering every single question. You love Jesus... we get it. Could you now answer why you threw four picks today?

But that's who he is... religion is mostly indoctrinated into people's heads and if he feels he wants to thank his God, so be it... I respect it.

But that's who he is... religion is mostly indoctrinated into people's heads and if he feels he wants to thank his God, so be it... I respect it.

I fucking hate him for it, he's an annoying little prick about it.

Okay, rant over.

I just hate Tebow.

Somebody needs to ask him where his god is now? :rimshot: