SportsWrath

Mets Magic Number

Blue Jeans

He has a chance to get a WS ring and a vacation... What's not to like?

Come on, you wouldn't feel a little bit bad being on the Pirates after playing for the Mets half the season, then watching them win it all? Sure, the bonus and ring is nice but I wouldn't enjoy it.

So who will you open the series against? Strongest team plays the wildcard winner...

Quite frankly I could care less, it would be a collosal upset if any NY team beat the Mets this year. The Mets are a complete team that can kill you with the long ball and use their speed and athleticism to beat you as well. As complete a team the NL has seen since the mid 90's Braves. Only thing that bothers me a tad is the starting pitching, but I think every team has that concern.

A Mets win and an Atlanta loss officially eliminates the Braves from contention.

Earliest clinch date is Wednesday the 13 with a sweep and 1 Phillies loss.

A series win eliminates Florida from contention, and Atlanta without losing a game.

If the Mets and Braves both take two of three in their series, the Mets will clinch on the 14th, an off day. :TD:

So, as Mets fans, we hope that the Mets sweep and Phils take 2/3 or 1/3 OR we hope that the Mets take 2/3 and the Phils only take 1/3.

A Mets win and an Atlanta loss officially eliminates the Braves from contention.

Earliest clinch date is Wednesday the 13 with a sweep and 1 Phillies loss.

A series win eliminates Florida from contention, and Atlanta without losing a game.

If the Mets and Braves both take two of three in their series, the Mets will clinch on the 14th, an off day. :TD:

So, as Mets fans, we hope that the Mets sweep and Phils take 2/3 or 1/3 OR we hope that the Mets take 2/3 and the Phils only take 1/3.

I'll take it however we get it. Except on an off day. :TD:

Atlanta- Eliminated.

History was made last night. The Braves will not go 15 straight and are officially eliminated from winning the division title.

Mets fans are hoping for a phillies sweep in the double header so we can control our own destiny.

Atlanta- Eliminated.

History was made last night. The Braves will not go 15 straight and are officially eliminated from winning the division title.

Mets fans are hoping for a phillies sweep in the double header so we can control our own destiny.

I agree with you there. Hope the Phillies sweep and we win tonight, making the number 2. Then Philly loses tomorrow and we win Friday in Pittsburgh on the field, not on an off day.