SportsWrath

Post-Game Talk... The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Blue Jeans

Please share what you thought of todays opening day win over the Nationals.

I know it's early but I knew the Cameron-Nady trade would work out better for us, and he sure proved his worth today going 4-4. Glavine pitched a great game for the old man he is as well as a good hitting game. Billy Wagner was the delight of the day with his 9th inning save up by one run, he is a key to the Mets' success this year. Beltran had a terrible day at the plate but earned our respect in the last play of the game. Delgado will get a hit on Wednesday and there is nothing to worry about.

1-0 Go Mets!

Please share what you thought of todays opening day win over the Nationals.

I know it's early but I knew the Cameron-Nady trade would work out better for us, and he sure proved his worth today going 4-4. Glavine pitched a great game for the old man he is as well as a good hitting game. Billy Wagner was the delight of the day with his 9th inning save up by one run, he is a key to the Mets' success this year. Beltran had a terrible day at the plate but earned our respect in the last play of the game. Delgado will get a hit on Wednesday and there is nothing to worry about.

1-0 Go Mets!

Reyes left 6 guys on...he needs to get on base for the Mets to be successful. Lo Duca had a good game as did Nady.

Reyes left 6 guys on...he needs to get on base for the Mets to be successful. Lo Duca had a good game as did Nady.

Yeah, Reyes dissappointed me.

But we need to give these guys some benefit of the doubt, it's really cold out there and they haven't faced true major league pitching in over half a year.

Yeah, Reyes dissappointed me.

But we need to give these guys some benefit of the doubt, it's really cold out there and they haven't faced true major league pitching in over half a year.

I agree. Baseball is all about patience.

I agree. Baseball is all about patience.

Delgado was close to hitting a HR in the 8th, but it sailed foul... I thought it was gone... Wright played an excellent game... did you see that hard ass hit right near the ground, that he picked up and threw to first right before the guy was safe... plus I think he went 2-4 or 2-5 with a home run... he's so incredible... I think he's the best 3rd baseman in the league

The best part was being there and seeing Bill Wagner enter the game to ENTER SANDMAN(something he has done for years in 2 stops) and hearing Mike and the Mad Dog afterward cry like he shit on the tomb of Babe Ruth for using "Mariano's song". :LMAO:

Delgado was close to hitting a HR in the 8th, but it sailed foul... I thought it was gone... Wright played an excellent game... did you see that hard ass hit right near the ground, that he picked up and threw to first right before the guy was safe... plus I think he went 2-4 or 2-5 with a home run... he's so incredible... I think he's the best 3rd baseman in the league

A-Rod? :mellow::huh: Maybe the NL.

The best part was being there and seeing Bill Wagner enter the game to ENTER SANDMAN(something he has done for years in 2 stops) and hearing Mike and the Mad Dog afterward cry like he shit on the tomb of Babe Ruth for using "Mariano's song". :LMAO:

I was just about to post about that.

Were you listening around quarter of 7? This guy, my new idol, calls in saying what all of us listeners have always wanted to say. He said that they should stop whining about the Wagner thing and start talking about the game. Then, Francesa says "yeah, let's talk about the horrible call at homeplate." And Russo snickers in the background like an 8 year old kid would after his best friend kicked sand into a 6 year old's face (it was his stupid laugh in other words).

Then, the guy snaps and calls them wash women and complete idiots that don't know anything about the game and hangs up. When it was over, I was applauding loudly and then when I stop, I here Francesa and Russo laughing about a joke they made of course behind this guy's back. They are the biggest pieces of shit in the world.

A-Rod? :mellow::huh: Maybe the NL.

Well with one thing said, he's still very young while A-Rod is starting to get up there... I really don't think A-Rod is as good as Wright, but then again I don't keep up with the Yanks

Well with one thing said, he's still very young while A-Rod is starting to get up there... I really don't think A-Rod is as good as Wright, but then again I don't keep up with the Yanks

Arod is better than Wright, but Wright might be the best in the NL or fast approaching.

i didnt get to see the game(stuck at work <_< ) but from what i can tell it was a good game by our boys not great but good ....give them some time and i'm sure everyone will start firing on all cylinders, as someone said Xavier looked pretty good out there and Billy the kid is starting out on the right foot ....reyes was off yesterday but we all know this kid is solid!! as for Beltran getting abit pudgy it surely didnt slow him down or throw off his accuracy :TU: plus he'll lose all that one or two extra pounds soon enough ....Delgado and crew will step it up soon enough too....GO METS !!! :rock:

According to Matt Cerrone at MetsBlog, everyone was chanting MVP after Wright's homer. You guys should really go read his post game comments. I love David Wright.

As I said before, if he stays healthy he will be a HOFer... he is youngers than I am... he has a long career ahead of him... if the Mets ever get rid of him, I'll be fucken pissed :furious: In my opinion he's the best 3rd baseman in MLB... did anyone see that fast ass ball that came flying at him at 100 mph in the sand and he scooped it up and got the guy out at first... truly a human-highlight film...

He's got the best swing I've ever saw or at least one of them. It's so compact, he's going to hit it so hard every time he comes up it seems. A-rod is more talented then Wright but that is the case for everyone in baseball with A-rod. However, Wright can beat him at something. October baseball, we haven't seen what he could do there yet. We have seen what A-rod could do :rolleyes:

What a player.

According to Matt Cerrone at MetsBlog, everyone was chanting MVP after Wright's homer. You guys should really go read his post game comments. I love David Wright.

thats why most Met fans suck, chanting MVP in inning 7 of game 1 of 162 :LMAO: , ditto booing Beltran for going 0-4. Met fans sometimes come off as the most uninformed and misguided fans around. I think its the longing to overtake the Yanks again someday, but patience is a virtue that very few Met fans have and sitting there listening to some of these jackasses yesterday made me want to vomit.

Some gems I heard from Met fans....

1)Upon a ground out by 23 year old , 8th place hitter,2nd basemen Anderson Hernandez some boob behind me declared, "this guy stinks, why is he in there?". I just looked at my friend and laughed, this after his great play(that Glavine even ackowledged him for). He is 23, in game 1 and this idiot asks why he is in there. Guess he never witnessed a full 4 at bat game from Jose Valentin?

2)The same row of dumbasses booed Heilman and asked "why is he in here?" in the 7th inning. My friend lost it and said to him "because he is the main set up man you clueless fuck". Guy was like "huh?".

3)3 rows in front some asswipe booed the piss out of Beltran after at bat #1 of aproximately what will amount to 600 more chances this year and declared, "you are a bum a lazy'. Now, I admit he had a tough first year, but lazy he played through a partially torn quad sustained in May in Yanks series #1(when he was hitting 320 by the way) and he came back ASAP after a BRUTAL collision where by all rights he could have packed it and and no one would have had any right to say a word.

4)Chanting MVP MVP MVP at Wright. No one loves Wright more than I, I have followed him since A ball in ST Lucie, but to call him MVP im game 1 is as silly as booing Beltran at this point. Can we get to say oh I don't know memorial day before we even START talking about this?

Met fans suck, its that simple. I am not sure what it is. The Yankee factor? That most come from Long Island? Most are long suffering Jet fans as well and they are losing it? Its annoying though and quite embarssing.

Imagine when this team actually does win again, the next year they will expect 162-0.

thats why most Met fans suck, chanting MVP in inning 7 of game 1 of 162 :LMAO: , ditto booing Beltran for going 0-4. Met fans sometimes come off as the most uninformed and misguided fans around. I think its the longing to overtake the Yanks again someday, but patience is a virtue that very few Met fans have and sitting there listening to some of these jackasses yesterday made me want to vomit.

Some gems I heard from Met fans....

1)Upon a ground out by 23 year old , 8th place hitter,2nd basemen Anderson Hernandez some boob behind me declared, "this guy stinks, why is he in there?". I just looked at my friend and laughed, this after his great play(that Glavine even ackowledged him for). He is 23, in game 1 and this idiot asks why he is in there. Guess he never witnessed a full 4 at bat game from Jose Valentin?

2)The same row of dumbasses booed Heilman and asked "why is he in here?" in the 7th inning. My friend lost it and said to him "because he is the main set up man you clueless fuck". Guy was like "huh?".

3)3 rows in front some asswipe booed the piss out of Beltran after at bat #1 of aproximately what will amount to 600 more chances this year and declared, "you are a bum a lazy'. Now, I admit he had a tough first year, but lazy he played through a partially torn quad sustained in May in Yanks series #1(when he was hitting 320 by the way) and he came back ASAP after a BRUTAL collision where by all rights he could have packed it and and no one would have had any right to say a word.

4)Chanting MVP MVP MVP at Wright. No one loves Wright more than I, I have followed him since A ball in ST Lucie, but to call him MVP im game 1 is as silly as booing Beltran at this point. Can we get to say oh I don't know memorial day before we even START talking about this?

Met fans suck, its that simple. I am not sure what it is. The Yankee factor? That most come from Long Island? Most are long suffering Jet fans as well and they are losing it? Its annoying though and quite embarssing.

Imagine when this team actually does win again, the next year they will expect 162-0.

All teams, yes even the Yankees, have these types in their stands too.

The MVP chant is just showing admiration and good vision of things to come. It's a continuation from last year. I can't think of a better compliment from a thousand feet away. You're off base on that one.

Booing Beltran well may be fun for some of the ignorant fans but it is mostly just pent up frustration. The guy needs to earn his money. I would think you would have to agree. Some take it way too far I will admit.

It does sound like you are talking about 10 people out of the few hundred in your listening range. The phrase A few bad apples spoil the bunch has been taken to the extreme.

All teams, yes even the Yankees, have these types in their stands too.

The MVP chant is just showing admiration and good vision of things to come. It's a continuation from last year. I can't think of a better compliment from a thousand feet away. You're off base on that one.

Booing Beltran well may be fun for some of the ignorant fans but it is mostly just pent up frustration. The guy needs to earn his money. I would think you would have to agree. Some take it way too far I will admit.

It does sound like you are talking about 10 people out of the few hundred in your listening range. The phrase A few bad apples spoil the bunch has been taken to the extreme.

Want to honor Wright with a chant in game 1? How about DAVID DAVID DAVID, MVP? Come on its silly after game 1, the RED SOX love Big papi and Manny, do they chant MVP at them before the season is officially 1 game old? Silly and bush league as far as I am concerned. :TD:

Want to honor Wright with a chant in game 1? How about DAVID DAVID DAVID, MVP? Come on its silly after game 1, the RED SOX love Big papi and Manny, do they chant MVP at them before the season is officially 1 game old? Silly and bush league as far as I am concerned. :TD:

I won't chant it in game one and probably not in game 162. I just don't see it as a problem.

Do you want to know what I hate about the few but loud Mets fans?

Yankees Suck! Yankees Suck!

I can't stand that one bit. I get so embarassed I want to crawl up my own ass to hide...especiialy when the Braves are in town.

I won't chant it in game one and probably not in game 162. I just don't see it as a problem.

Do you want to know what I hate about the few but loud Mets fans?

Yankees Suck! Yankees Suck!

I can't stand that one bit. I get so embarassed I want to crawl up my own ass to hide...especiialy when the Braves are in town.

Yes another thing that make many met fans enter the "suck ass" category.

Yes another thing that make many met fans enter the "suck ass" category.

Plenty of "suck ass" across the river too so le'ts just say it's every team who has them.

I sat there freezing my ass off at Shea to watch Wagner look like Looper in the ninth inning, then that other clown came in and it got even worse. 4-0 Banister pitching a no hitter to total meltdown. :TD: