SportsWrath

Shurmur Press conference

Tempest

I could imagine no better draft day scenario for the Giants than the Browns drafting Mayfield 1st overall.

Yep, Mayfeild is showing that "next level" type of QB talent but he isnt ready to start day one.

Rosen could step in for Eli if he ever goes down and actually produce.

Although Barkley <3 We need a RB like him, I'm sick of hoping to hit on late round draft picks of FAs, go get a next level playmaker who will make Eli's life easier and whoever the next QB is.

I could imagine no better draft day scenario for the Giants than the Browns drafting Mayfield 1st overall.

This would be brilliant for us - for the record how much time do we have between the 1st pick and ours for us to engineer a trade down if necessary? Either way - I think Barkley should be a blind pick for us at our current position if the Browns dont pick him.

This would be brilliant for us - for the record how much time do we have between the 1st pick and ours for us to engineer a trade down if necessary? Either way - I think Barkley should be a blind pick for us at our current position if the Browns dont pick him.

It's 10 minutes now isnt it? Or 15?

I would assume most teams wanting to trade up too #2 wouldn't wait till draft day, they would have something set up going into the draft.

It's 10 minutes now isnt it? Or 15?

I would assume most teams wanting to trade up too #2 wouldn't wait till draft day, they would have something set up going into the draft.

10 minutes. But yeah, you would think the Giants would have their terms set and whoever wanted to trade up would have whatever they were willing to give up ready.

The team that I've heard rumored to want to trade up that intrigues me the most is the Bills. They have 20 and 21 overall as well as 2 picks in the second round. It's a huge jump to get from there to #2 overall.

They'd have to give up both their 1s this year, their top 2nd this year, their 3rd this year, and their 1st and 2nd next year. Sure, they could throw in their second second rounder this year to save some future picks, but I don't see them wanting to separate from both 1sts and both 2nds. If we allowed them to keep one of the 2nds, it might get the deal done.

So, Bills get #2 overall.

Giants get 20, 21, 53, 96 this year. Also get the Bills 1st and 2nd next year.

I'd take it in a heartbeat.

The team that I've heard rumored to want to trade up that intrigues me the most is the Bills. They have 20 and 21 overall as well as 2 picks in the second round. It's a huge jump to get from there to #2 overall.

They'd have to give up both their 1s this year, their top 2nd this year, their 3rd this year, and their 1st and 2nd next year. Sure, they could throw in their second second rounder this year to save some future picks, but I don't see them wanting to separate from both 1sts and both 2nds. If we allowed them to keep one of the 2nds, it might get the deal done.

So, Bills get #2 overall.

Giants get 20, 21, 53, 96 this year. Also get the Bills 1st and 2nd next year.

I'd take it in a heartbeat.

any team would..that's a tremendous hall for one pick..even the second overall

any team would..that's a tremendous hall for one pick..even the second overall

The values according the famed pick value chart are about equal in that scenario. From what I read though, there's usually a premium of 5% tacked on, so it'd likely mean the haul would be even more. I think it might be too far of a jump for the Bills, but who knows...

#2 overall = 2600

#20 (2018) - 850

#21 (2018) - 800

#53 (2018) - 370

#96 (2018) - 116

#20 (2019) - 380

#52 (2019) - 170

15 minutes for the first round no?

The NFL Draft takes place over three days (Thursday through Saturday) each spring.

Only the first round is held on Thursday. It starts at 8 p.m. Eastern time, and each team has 10 minutes to make its pick. The second and third rounds are on Friday; rounds 4-7 are on Saturday. Teams get seven minutes to make picks in the second round and five minutes in rounds 3-6. Teams only have four minutes for their seventh round and compensatory draft picks. If a team lets its time expire without making a choice, it can make a selection later — but it runs the risk of letting the next team on the clock take the player it was considering.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/