SportsWrath

I think we're stuck with Reese for one more year.

Sephiroth

Barring a total collapse for the rest of the season, I think JR is back next year. Here's why:

1. The thing he's been most criticized for (the O-line) is quietly getting the job done it seems. Flowers seems to be ok in pass protection, Jones may actually be an upgrade over Richburg, and Wheeler looks to already be a better player than Hart (with admittedly a very small sample size).

2. Darkwa is coming on and while he's far from great, he's at least been serviceable.

3. Referencing the above two points, Reese can always say, "look, the backups were better than the starters. I don't set the lineup. Clearly, this is McAdoo mismanaging the team."

4. Engram looks like a good player, and he did draft Beckham. In fact, Dalvin Tomlinson, Wayne Gallman, and Avery Moss have all looked decent too... this whole draft may end up being pretty good.

It's not what I would do at all, but I can see the argument being made on Reese behalf. I think we might be stuck with him if we get four wins, and I can almost guarantee it if we reach six.

He torpedod the entire season by not addressing the o-line. Whitworth is being universally praised as the best signing last offseason. Plus he got his last chance warning when coughlin was fired. What youre saying is all true but prioritizing a washed up #2 receiver when we werent hurting for receiving options over OL was majorly bad

If they keep Reese, I won't watch again next season either.

The only positive from the wreckage of this season is the opportunity to pass the torch from one franchise QB to another.

If Mara thinks the guy who turned the Giants into a joke is the guy who should be picking Eli's successor, Mara should sell the franchise.

You guys think the season has hit rock bottom??? No way.

December 10th - the Cowboys are going to come into the Meadowlands and kick our asses, in front of a 75%-80% Cowboy fanbase.

December 17th - the Eagles are going to come into the Meadowlands and kick our asses, in front of a 75%-80% Eagle fanbase.

December 31st - The Redkskins are going to come in the Meadowlands and kick our asses, in front of a 75%-80% Redskin fanbase.

The worst is yet to come. If Reese survives all of that, than outside of blowing a load on Mara's couch, I don't know what would be needed for Reese to get fired.

He torpedod the entire season by not addressing the o-line. Whitworth is being universally praised as the best signing last offseason. Plus he got his last chance warning when coughlin was fired. What youre saying is all true but prioritizing a washed up #2 receiver when we werent hurting for receiving options over OL was majorly bad

Not only Whitworth, but you had Zeitler, Lang and Warford available at OG and Reese went nah we got John Jerry

I think the OL debacle says it all... Although I don't think any of us (myself included) considered BM washed up... I was super excited thinking the guy would be Buress 2.0 (only better)... Him crashing the way he did was a major disappointment...

The only positive from the wreckage of this season is the opportunity to pass the torch from one franchise QB to another.

If Mara thinks the guy who turned the Giants into a joke is the guy who should be picking Eli's successor, Mara should sell the franchise.

December 10th - the Cowboys are going to come into the Meadowlands and kick our asses, in front of a 75%-80% Cowboy fanbase.

December 17th - the Eagles are going to come into the Meadowlands and kick our asses, in front of a 75%-80% Eagle fanbase.

December 31st - The Redkskins are going to come in the Meadowlands and kick our asses, in front of a 75%-80% Redskin fanbase.

The worst is yet to come. If Reese survives all of that, than outside of blowing a load on Mara's couch, I don't know what would be needed for Reese to get fired.

How's losing from here on out is a bad thing? Shit I was disappointed we won last week... kinda. But to your point, I've also soured on Reese and I think we need a fresh face in there.

I think the OL debacle says it all... Although I don't think any of us (myself included) considered BM washed up... I was super excited thinking the guy would be Buress 2.0 (only better)... Him crashing the way he did was a major disappointment...

I considered him washed up. I had him on my fantasy team so I watched his games last year and he sucked. No legs left and his numbers were literally half of what they were the year before with the same team and qb.

I didnt get the move at all, we had a 16 mil cap hold with the jpp franchise tag and about 16 mil left with a broken o-line and were on this guys doorstep on day 1? Retarded

I considered him washed up. I had him on my fantasy team so I watched his games last year and he sucked. No legs left and his numbers were literally half of what they were the year before with the same team and qb

Then you have a huge advantage because I only pay attention to the Giants... I don't know how someone of his physical characteristics can just crash... It says a whole lot about a man's work ethic than his age...

I think big receivers like him just take too many shots to the legs. The pats have already cut like half of gronks routes over the middle because everyone just dives at his legs. He will suddenly fall off a cliff one day too

I think big receivers like him just take too many shots to the legs. The pats have already cut like half of gronks routes over the middle because everyone just dives at his legs. He will suddenly fall off a cliff one day too

As much as I like him as a person.. I think he's just soft... He'll make a great broadcaster.

It's a catch 22- at the time Brandon was in, Eli was under siege because of a unaddressed weakness in the line. . Granted he had some costly drops but those even out over the season. It was a reach to invest so much in him so early and I think he would've supplied some offense over the season.

How's losing from here on out is a bad thing? Shit I was disappointed we won last week... kinda. But to your point, I've also soured on Reese and I think we need a fresh face in there.

For Mara, it will be losing to archrivals, badly, at home, with seats filled with people rooting against the Giants.

Mara can apparently forgive a lot, and is more loyal to his GM than most people are to their religion. But Mara will be watching all this shit, and thanking God his old man isn't around to see it.

If Reese keeps his job after this shit show, I truly give up.

Well buckle up because only the OC is getting fired this year. The Giants were 11-5 last year and if boat dudes (shower thought...OBJ hasn't had a win since) could catch had a very real shot at beating the Packers. With the major injuries this year I can all but guarantee the coaching staff is going to get a mulligan on this season. If that happens firing Reese would be counter productive. If you fire Reese you fire everyone.

Redskins are banged up and the Cowboys can't seem to figure out how to be Elliot-less. The Giants could screw the pooch and win those games. Shit, even Arizona is winnable without Palmer and Johnson. I can see a situation brewing where:

1. we win 3 more games, to finish with 5 wins

2. get pushed into the 6-10 draft pick range

3a. miss out on the QB we want

3b. have to trade up to get the QB we want

4. keep Reese/McAdoo for the 'turnaround' from 1-8 to 5-11

Its already happening. His production is down, too. The Pats prefer dudes who can find holes in zone coverage and sit down somewhere. And RBs who can get YAC.

Well buckle up because only the OC is getting fired this year. The Giants were 11-5 last year and if boat dudes (shower thought...OBJ hasn't had a win since) could catch had a very real shot at beating the Packers. With the major injuries this year I can all but guarantee the coaching staff is going to get a mulligan on this season. If that happens firing Reese would be counter productive. If you fire Reese you fire everyone.

Yes. Fire everyone, and give the new GM (hopefully someone who is outside the organization) the power to rebuild with his own guys.

Yes. Fire everyone, and give the new GM (hopefully someone who is outside the organization) the power to rebuild with his own guys.

This new regime is not going to want Eli Manning as their starter, either. So be sure thats what you want. The current regime, not that I want that, would certainly be more likely to groom someone to replace Eli. A new regime would install a new offense and players that fit within it.

This new regime is not going to want Eli Manning as their starter, either. So be sure thats what you want. The current regime, not that I want that, would certainly be more likely to groom someone to replace Eli. A new regime would install a new offense and players that fit within it.

Eli is not the future of the franchise. But, if you draft a new QB, what other player could you ask for to show the kid the ropes.

Aaron Rodgers waited, and turned into arguably the best QB in the NFL.

By all means, draft a new QB, and give him one or two seasons with Manning as the starter.

My opinion on next season's draft

QB

Left tackle

Running back

Guard

If you think the team has quit in the previous weeks... the shit show is about to begin. Add that to the fans losing interest and no way Reese and Mac survive

Agreed. Dallas, Philly, and the Eagles have an extra home game this season. Shit is about to get as ugly as I can ever recall, and that's going back to The Fumble.

Eli is not the future of the franchise. But, if you draft a new QB, what other player could you ask for to show the kid the ropes.

Aaron Rodgers waited, and turned into arguably the best QB in the NFL.

By all means, draft a new QB, and give him one or two seasons with Manning as the starter.

My opinion on next season's draft

QB

Left tackle

Running back

Guard

Agreed, but not at his current contract. And though he is a class act, hes never shown any inkling of a desire to play at his actual value and provide the team cap room.