SportsWrath

WOOOO!!!!! Home Opener! Phillies @ Mets

Dragon

:LMAO:

They put you out on the curb tonight. :clap:

I've NEVER seen a worse pitching performance than Perez in the 3rd inning. :doh:

I was banking heavily on him this season. I don't know what to think of him. Is he the guy who dominated the Braves, or the bum who imploded with 2 outs and nobody on in the 3rd inning??

I've NEVER seen a worse pitching performance than Perez in the 3rd inning. :doh:

I was banking heavily on him this season. I don't know what to think of him. Is he the guy who dominated the Braves, or the bum who imploded with 2 outs and nobody on in the 3rd inning??

hes both

Normally, one wouldn't know what to think about this response, but after last night's performance it's the only way to trully describe Perez.

gateb is right. I know it's an old cliche, but the guy is an enigma. It's baffling how dominant he can be one game, and how bad he can be the next. :confused: Looks like we're gonna be on some roller coaster ride with this guy this season.

gateb is right. I know it's an old cliche, but the guy is an enigma. It's baffling how dominant he can be one game, and how bad he can be the next. :confused: Looks like we're gonna be on some roller coaster ride with this guy this season.

i dont think olly ever got as bad as last nights game and as good as last weeks game last year.

id rather him just throw 6 IPs 4 ERs every night.

i dont think olly ever got as bad as last nights game and as good as last weeks game last year.

id rather him just throw 6 IPs 4 ERs every night.

He was very bad at times last year. His last game for Pittsburgh was similar to last night's outing. I agree that he didn't have as good a game as last week's last year, but in 2004 he had quite a few. He definitely has the talent to do it. I'm dying for him to get it together. Hopefully last night was a hiccup and his spring outings and last week's game will be the norm. That's alot of hope though. :ph34r:

He was very bad at times last year. His last game for Pittsburgh was similar to last night's outing. I agree that he didn't have as good a game as last week's last year, but in 2004 he had quite a few. He definitely has the talent to do it. I'm dying for him to get it together. Hopefully last night was a hiccup and his spring outings and last week's game will be the norm. That's alot of hope though. :ph34r:

i meant with us as far as i can remember he never really imploded. in his debut against philly howard hit a grand slam against him but he went like 5 innings and gave up 4 or 5 runs.

i meant with us as far as i can remember he never really imploded. in his debut against philly howard hit a grand slam against him but he went like 5 innings and gave up 4 or 5 runs.

There were a few times last season where Ollie (as a Met) was out of control, but nothing like last night, you are right about that.

I've never seen anything like that before. Not for that many batters in a row, anyway. The Phils went up there knowing he couldn't throw strikes and just stood there. Worst thing about it was it all happened with 2 outs. If he gets that last out, who knows, maybe he settles down... ?

Game 3

metsblog

The Game...

The Mets (5-3) look for the win in the rubber game vs. the Phillies (2-6) this evening at Shea Stadium, starting at 7:10 pm EDT.

The Lineup...

Jose Reyes SS

Paul Lo Duca C

Carlos Beltran CF

Carlos Delgado 1B

David Wright 3B

Moises Alou LF

Shawn Green RF

Damion Easley 2B

Tom Glavine SP

The Pitchers...

LHP Tom Glavine (1-1, 2.38 ERA) pitches for the Mets. In his last start vs. the Braves, Glavine allowed five runs, two of them earned, on four hits and three walks, over 4.1 IP. In four starts vs. the Phillies last season, Glavine went 2-1 with a 4.62 ERA (13 earned runs in 25.1 IP including eight home runs allowed). He is nine wins away from 300 entering tonight's game.

LHP Jamie Moyer (1-0, 2.70 ERA) takes the hill for the Phillies. In his season debut vs. the Marlins, Moyer allowed two earned runs on seven hits over 6.2 IP. In his last start against the Mets on August 28th of last season, Moyer allowed seven runs, five of them earned, on nine hits over 6 IP, as part of an 8-3 loss.

The Notes...

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Glavine and Moyer have the oldest combined age of any opposing left-handers in Major League history (85 years, 153 days).

1B Carlos Delgado is 26-for-57 (.456) with 7 HR and 15 RBI in his career vs. Moyer; meanwhile, CF Carlos Beltran is just 7-for-30 with six strikeouts.

SS Jimmy Rollins is 22-for-63 (.349) with 4 HR and 10 RBI vs. Glavine lifetime.

The Phillies lead the majors in walks with 51.

More more insight on the Phillies, check out Blogger Beat.

3B David Wright currently has a 20-game hitting streak.

Today is C Paul Lo Duca's 35th birthday.

How To Catch It...

Tonight's game will be broadcast locally on SNY and can be heard on WFAN. The game is available on MLB.tv and MLB Gameday Audio for subscribers and those out-of-market.

Ug... Glavine. I had to give up tickets for tonight.... my sister called a friend gave her 4 box seats on 3rd base. I had to come home and watch the kids :doh:

you should be thankful. do you know how miserable it is there tonight?

Sounds like the crowd is rockin.....

it was rockin opening day but it didnt stop me from freezing my ass off and being uncomftorable...

your sister is freezing at shea right now with probably 45 minutes to an hour left in the game.