SportsWrath

ODBs totally fucking retarded catch.

Sephiroth

The bad part is NY spent too much fucking time thinking about this catch and came out in the 2nd have and started with a couple 3 and outs. I knew the game was lost right then and there. Once again Eli sails one on a drive that could have put the Cowboys away!

The bad part is NY spent too much fucking time thinking about this catch and came out in the 2nd have and started with a couple 3 and outs. I knew the game was lost right then and there. Once again Eli sails one on a drive that could have put the Cowboys away!

This is not unusual for the 2014 Giants. We get outscored every second half of every game.

Dallas started double-teaming him in the 2nd half... Maybe Fewel should take notes on what halftime adjustments mean... seeing that we don't have another play maker on the team... that was the end of it.

Dallas started double-teaming him in the 2nd half... Maybe Fewel should take notes on what halftime adjustments mean... seeing that we don't have another play maker on the team... that was the end of it.

Which means we have nobody who can step up when that does happen. The defense did let too much go by and I agree. But Eli needs to stop with his tossing up shit, not like he's a 2nd year guy.

Yup, Eli's INT was a 14 point swing. Giants simply aren't good enough to get away with that - they need to play mistake free football to beat a team like the Cowboys. That pick killed us.

Dude, that pick caused me to say really bad things to my TV :laugh:

Which means we have nobody who can step up when that does happen. The defense did let too much go by and I agree. But Eli needs to stop with his tossing up shit, not like he's a 2nd year guy.

I'm afraid that won't change... Eli is Eli...

I'm afraid that won't change... Eli is Eli...

I know and I also know the team around him isn't all that good either. But at what point do you start thinking that keeping him around too much longer, will set us back a long ass time?

I don't think Eli threw that ball up for grabs...like a jump ball. Parker (I think it was) was wide open for a walk in TD and Eli flat out missed him high AND behind. Parker got a fingertip on it...keeping the ball in the air long enough for the defender to complete the pick.

It was a good decision by Eli, just poor execution. I'm guessing, he was surprised at how open Parker was given the field position and that affected the throw.

I know and I also know the team around him isn't all that good either. But at what point do you start thinking that keeping him around too much longer, will set us back a long ass time?

Because we have no alternative... I think 16 teams in the NFL would rather have Eli over what they have... and Eli has earned his stripes despite the many moments that'd got us all furious... our #1 problem is on the other side of the ball...we can't stop anyone... Teams run on us at will... we have 1/2 a good DE because he shows up on some games but disappears the rest (JPP that is) and Kiwi should be out of the NFL after this season... I only wish the Giants can now play Bromely to see what the kid can do next to Hankin... We need major improvements at DE and at LB and of course at DC.. and the OL should be addressed in the 1st or 2nd round.

And of course, if we could run the damn ball even a little bit, that would help. 32 rushes for 89 yards last night, 2.8 per carry. That ain't gonna cut it.

Agreed. I've always looked at YPC in the light that if we applied the average to 3 downs, could we get 10 yards? If so, it's acceptable. If not, it's damning for the offense. In other words, 3.3 or 3.4 YPC is the goal I'd be looking to achieve.

Because we have no alternative... I think 16 teams in the NFL would rather have Eli over what they have... and Eli has earned his stripes despite the many moments that'd got us all furious... our #1 problem is on the other side of the ball...we can't stop anyone... Teams run on us at will... we have 1/2 a good DE because he shows up on some games but disappears the rest (JPP that is) and Kiwi should be out of the NFL after this season... I only wish the Giants can now play Bromely to see what the kid can do next to Hankin... We need major improvements at DE and at LB and of course at DC.. and the OL should be addressed in the 1st or 2nd round.

Believe me, thought I'd never say I wanted Eli to go. And if he does go somewhere else, he'll still make the same mistakes anyway.

Thing with Eli is, everything has to go as scripted once the ball is snapped. When he's in a groove AND everyone around him is in the same groove and they're all reading and reacting with the same brain, Eli can be flawless and make great throws. Witness the two Super Bowl runs. However, when his cage is rattled and there's some disruption - a strong pass rush, an altered route by a receiver, a different defense than he expected - anything that makes him go off script - that's when he can look very ordinary.

Parker was so open and Eli had a clear passing lane, its the only scenario I can think of that an NFL QB should be throwing to the player and not the spot...

...but look at replays of how Parker broke that route off, its almost like the dude has never run a slant before. With a good route and the same throw, that's an easy touchdown. That said... I don't know how Eli missed him. I don't know, maybe he released the ball before his break, but I don't think so....

And Dallas started targeting him for cheap shots... and wtf was up with Dez at the end of the game mocking ODB's dance? Seems Dez got jealous.

He should be, the NOOB is on fire making people look slow. like the late hit that was not called!

He should be, the NOOB is on fire making people look slow. like the late hit that was not called!

Yeah that was bullshit; he was clearly out of bounds, but I've NEVER heard and official say a player "flopped" before. He exaggerated the fall a bit but he was still clearly hit late.

Yeah that was bullshit; he was clearly out of bounds, but I've NEVER heard and official say a player "flopped" before. He exaggerated the fall a bit but he was still clearly hit late.

Guess that was the trade for the fumble we got back "even though it was hard to see"

Then Eli sails one right after that and I'm thinking well, here's the turning point.