SportsWrath

NY Giants @ Dallas Cowboys

BronxRik

Not to mention.

Outside of Engram.

Who on this team scares the opponents secondary?

Literally they have been one and one on the outside all day, letting LBs and safetys play closer to the line to stop Barkley.

So they have 7 dbs downfield, while at the same time have LBs and Safeties at the line???

So they have 7 dbs downfield, while at the same time have LBs and Safeties at the line???

lol settle down.

They played prevent defense at the end of the game with the lead.

Early in the game they played one and one.

It's hard to understand but coaches make adjustments during the game, unlike Giants coordinators lol

When nothing is open on your primary reads, they check down to the easy out.

The defence is giving them nothing.

Yet Engram, who you proclaim is the only threatening weapon we have in the pass game (sorry Saquon, sorry Sterling), and Shepherd were the checkdowns most of the time, outside of like two instances.

Yet Engram, who you proclaim is the only threatening weapon we have in the pass game (sorry Saquon, sorry Sterling), and Shepherd were the checkdowns most of the time, outside of like two instances.

The fuck are you talking about? Barkley and Shep/Folwers were the hitch routes and outlets most of the game.

Here's one play by play sequence in the 4th:

1st & 10 at NYG 10

(10:44 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short right to S.Barkley to NYG 11 for 1 yard (J.Smith).

2nd & 9 at NYG 11

(10:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to E.Engram to NYG 25 for 14 yards (J.Heath). THE ONE DOWNFIELD PLAY, sorry was 14 yards not 17.

1st & 10 at NYG 25

(9:44 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short middle to E.Engram (L.Vander Esch).

2nd & 10 at NYG 25

(9:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to S.Barkley pushed ob at NYG 27 for 2 yards (J.Lewis). PENALTY on NYG-W.Hernandez, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NYG 25 - No Play.

2nd & 20 at NYG 15

(9:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to E.Engram to NYG 21 for 6 yards (J.Lewis).

3rd & 14 at NYG 21

(8:37 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to S.Barkley to NYG 22 for 1 yard (L.Vander Esch).

4th & 13 at NYG 22

Punt

Hitting those check downs sure burned them, lol

Here's one play by play sequence in the 4th:

1st & 10 at NYG 10

(10:44 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short right to S.Barkley to NYG 11 for 1 yard (J.Smith). -Dink

2nd & 9 at NYG 11

(10:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to E.Engram to NYG 25 for 14 yards (J.Heath). THE ONE DOWNFIELD PLAY, sorry was 14 yards not 17. -Dunk

1st & 10 at NYG 25

(9:44 - 4th) (No Huddle, Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short middle to E.Engram (L.Vander Esch).

2nd & 10 at NYG 25

(9:39 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to S.Barkley pushed ob at NYG 27 for 2 yards (J.Lewis). PENALTY on NYG-W.Hernandez, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at NYG 25 - No Play.

2nd & 20 at NYG 15

(9:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to E.Engram to NYG 21 for 6 yards (J.Lewis). -Dink

3rd & 14 at NYG 21

(8:37 - 4th) (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short middle to S.Barkley to NYG 22 for 1 yard (L.Vander Esch). -Dunk

4th & 13 at NYG 22

Yes they are playing prevent.

lol they are going to give you the dink and dunks, they arent going to give you anything down field.

Yes they are playing prevent.

lol they are going to give you the dink and dunks, they arent going to give you anything down field.

According to your logic, whereby the five checkdown plays cited above yielded a total of 10 yards and an average of 2 yards per play, we should just punt the ball when a team is playing prevent defense.

According to your logic, whereby the five checkdown plays cited above yielded a total of 10 yards and an average of 2 yards per play, we should just punt the ball when a team is playing prevent defense.

Or you know, not be down 20+ points with 9 minutes left in the game where the defence can drop 7 guys into coverage against your 5 WRs.

lol

Yeah cause everytime that happens to other teams, they can only manage 2 yards per play like us, and all they do are checkdowns.

Last I checked most teams don't come back from 20+ points down with under 10 minutes left because defences play prevent defence, allowing the quick and easy short yards letting the clock run.

Or guess in the NFL every other team just scores on a whim when they are down by only throwing three times at most down field for 30+ yards a pass.

I never said 20 plus. I said 5 plus yards. Check out the sequence of six plays I cited above...five were under 5 yards, one was beyond it. On the five checkdowns, a total of 10 yards, on the play above 5, 14 yards.

So your point is that completions further downfield result in more yardage? True.

I don't like the dunk and dunk shit either, but I'm not going to assume there were other options. Their DBs proved to be better than our WRs.

Right now we have a running game and a passing game based off play action. It's good enough if the D is decent. It's not going to score four fourth quarter TDs to win the game.

I think though that in shoot out situations, sometimes Gallman or Penny should be in the backfield, and Barkley should be out wide.

Last I checked most teams don't come back from 20+ points down with under 10 minutes left because defences play prevent defence, allowing the quick and easy short yards letting the clock run.

Or guess in the NFL every other team just scores on a whim when they are down by only throwing three times at most down field for 30+ yards a pass.

But do they average 2 yards per play and do mostly checkdowns?

Just watching the second half again ( because i gave up and went to bed early )

Fuck we were awful on D.

Why the hell didn't we see more of Ballantine at CB ?

Hamilton was an embarrassment

Baker had a terrible NFL debut.

No pass rush whatsoever ........Jesus