SportsWrath

Alright guys...let's take a collective deep breath....

shockjock

Look at the players still on the board....we have four picks during the second day of the draft.

Look at the DT's left.....Montavious Stanley, Gabe Watson, Le Kevin Smith, babatunde Oshinowo....We will be able to get one of these guys in the fourth round tomorrow. Any of them could come in and play the two-gap DT spot for us for years to come.

THan we look at the remaining CB's...Demario Minter, Dee Webb, Marcus Maxey, Charles Gordon. They could also be had with the other remaining fourth round pick.

Jon Scott and Guy Whimper are still on the board at OT...

This draft is far from over...We will take a DT at SOME POINT tomorrow, and a corner at SOME point...so we need to calm down...sure these picks might not look that great now....but down the road we could feel much differently about them....we still got four picks to go boys

Look at the players still on the board....we have four picks during the second day of the draft.

Look at the DT's left.....Montavious Stanley, Gabe Watson, Le Kevin Smith, babatunde Oshinowo....We will be able to get one of these guys in the fourth round tomorrow. Any of them could come in and play the two-gap DT spot for us for years to come.

THan we look at the remaining CB's...Demario Minter, Dee Webb, Marcus Maxey, Charles Gordon. They could also be had with the other remaining fourth round pick.

Jon Scott and Guy Whimper are still on the board at OT...

This draft is far from over...We will take a DT at SOME POINT tomorrow, and a corner at SOME point...so we need to calm down...sure these picks might not look that great now....but down the road we could feel much differently about them....we still got four picks to go boys

Guy Whimper ?

SUMMARY

Whimper has size, strength and athletic ability to be a productive collegiate offensive tackle, but in fact, was beaten a surprisng number of times by smaller and less-talented defensive ends.

STRONG POINTS

Whimper is a huge offensive tackle with the thick build and long arms to be a physical presence. When he plays aggressively and attacks the defensive line, he has the strength to get movement on in-line run blocks. For a big offensive tackle he can get through to the second level surprisingly well when uncovered and can deliver a good initial block to the linebacker. Can slide out to the corner to cut off the edge rusher. Has the flexibility to bend his knees and pass block with a good, wide base, and when he plays with good base, he can re-direct and adjust to quick pass-rush moves.

WEAKNESSES

Whimper does not use good technique or block aggressively often enough, which leads to him getting pushed around too easily. Doesn't punch in pass protection, which lets aggressive pass rushers get into his chest and they can drive him backward into the quarterback's lap. Usually stops his feet as soon as he makes contact on blocks and it leads to him losing that block. Despite having the feet to re-direct and adjust in pass protection, he tends to get upright and straight-legged in pass protection and can't adjust to the quick inside pass-rush move. Doesn't fire off the ball to be a run blocker, but more of a positional push blocker.

character is obviously the #1 priority for EA/TC...otherwise, Jimmy Williams or Winston Justice would be a Giant....i applaud this strategy, as the Giants have always employed classy players, but how far does character go above raw talent?

i would've taken a chance on a starting CB like Jimmy Williams then a backup DE, but obviously EA/TC know better...

by the way, when was the last time the Giants drafted anybody of questionable character?

I wouldn't mind Bing. In the second day, you should go by the BPA strategy and we are pretty thin at safety right now...

If it is the fourth round and one of the four DT's I listed are there....we take a DT over saftey...usually you would do BPA, but we BADLY need a DT at this point

Edited by shockjock

i'd agree shockjock, but i think if we had interest in these guys, we'd have already taken them.

Stanley and Smith are seen as second day picks,which may explain why we didn't take them yet....

We may be waiting to see if Babatunde Oshinowo or Watson fall any further before we take them....

One thing that kills me is we have only one "incumbent" starting DT in William Joseph. Fred Robbins was our starter in 2004 but has since been in Tom Coughlin's doghouse and was apparently out of shape in the beginning of training camp. There are really no free agent DTs that could come in and start ahead of Fred Robbins. So anybody we bring in at this point is strictly for depth and that Joseph and Robbins are our starters...which seems like a weaker Run defense than last year. Our defense all around is probably better our Run-D is not. It might be a weakness we have to just "accept" because we can't fix it with personell for this season.

I want Babatunde Oshinowo. Not because I know anything about him: but could you imagine the Announcer-Hell a line of Mathias Kiwanuka, Osi Umeniyora, and Babatunde Oshinowo would cause? Comedy Gold for years: My tongue's getting tied just by looking at their names!

They could have a nickname like "The line whose names cannot be spoken." :P

I am excited to see what Sinorice Moss can do...I'm hoping he can indeed beat out Tim Carter...I don't know if he'll take Toomer's job.

I haven't heard much about Moss' hands...

He supposedly catches everything he gets his hands on and is a terrific leaper. And he runs a 4.38.

I want Babatunde Oshinowo. Not because I know anything about him: but could you imagine the Announcer-Hell a line of Mathias Kiwanuka, Osi Umeniyora, and Babatunde Oshinowo would cause? Comedy Gold for years: My tongue's getting tied just by looking at their names!

Baba would be a great pick, for reasons you stated. Plues, he's a pretty good football player too.

i thought osi's name was going to be hard to pronounce, what with all the vowels, but it really isnt that hard to say. the other guy's name looks like a mouthful though.

i thought osi's name was going to be hard to pronounce, what with all the vowels, but it really isnt that hard to say. the other guy's name looks like a mouthful though.

Key - Wha - New - Ka

Bob - Ah - Ton - Day ... Ocean - Oh - Whoa

Store - Mm

:TU: