SportsWrath

Week 3 Skins Vs Giants

Firstnten

I almost think it's staged. Beckham's frustrated antics on the sidelines didn't make any sense to me, almost like they're filming a 'reality' show.

If you go to his twitter and watch some of the videos about him in the offseason he does seem like he's coming into the "diva NFL" player quite well.

He's an emotional guy (I think we've all seen that) I mean you're blowing Norman up on back to back plays and your HC/OC decides to suddenly put the game in Raineys hands.

He was just frustrated.

I didn't get to watch the game but I caught a few minutes before halftime and in the fourth quarter. The penalties sound like an aberration. The refs were replaying last year's game (Beckham vs Norman) and calling everything just in case. Unfortunately my concern over ball security turned into a deciding factor on the outcome of the game.

Losing Vereen for the season is tough but we are getting Jennings back. Hope Cromartie and Apple will be ready as well.

It is one loss and does not erase our early successes. It is going to be a process and I look forward to watching the Giants bounce back next week.

If you go to his twitter and watch some of the videos about him in the offseason he does seem like he's coming into the "diva NFL" player quite well.

He's an emotional guy (I think we've all seen that) I mean you're blowing Norman up on back to back plays and your HC/OC decides to suddenly put the game in Raineys hands.

He was just frustrated.

Can you blame him though? The game is on the line and you're not throwing to arguably the best WR in the league. Some fans feel that this type of behaviour is bad but I think it's an asset. He's clearly very competitive and wants to win.

I honestly don't have a problem with him getting emotional. I think he could use it more effectively, but I'm glad he cares this much about winning.

If it gets him penalties and ejections, then I have an issue. What I don't see is him publicly calling out his teammates, demanding he get the ball more, or questioning his coaches in the media. I don't see him brag about how great he is, I see him talking about how great he wants to be.

He is a star... off the field as well. He enjoys his off-time and wittingly or unwittingly, is building his brand. I see no problem with him enjoying his life and embracing being part of the public eye.

I don't know why so many want to criticize him. If you're the kind of peg that sticks out, society just wants to hammer you back down. He's going to go down as one of the greatest Giants to ever play (if they can keep him), and I don't think he really is the diva receiver in the sense of past divas that are negative influences to their teammates, organization, and those around them... see T.O., Randy Moss, Keyshawn Johnson, and OchoCinco.

Mcadoo's issue is that he's a distraction on the sidelines. Eli and the coaches are worrying about consoling him instead of looking at photos and getting ready for the next drive

This is a fair point... but I think the criticism that Odell is receiving far outweighs this relatively minor incident. I know there is no shortage of morons on the internet, but I've seen multiple people say stuff like, "if he wasn't a great athlete he would be in prison." Gee, I wonder what aspect about him would lead people to believe that OBJ wouldn't be a productive member of society otherwise? He's a young man with a lot of wealth and fame, he's enjoying himself, he's an elite competitor, dedicated to his craft, is a well-spoken man, and has not done anything to warrant such judgements. Meanwhile, Eli threw two horrible interceptions in which virtually every other receiver on those plays were very open, and you barely hear a peep. Instead it's everybody else... but here's the thing... Eli cost the Giants that game... all that other stuff was survivable, but not those two INT's, and both were mostly on him, without even mentioning the sure TD OBJ would've had if he had seen him streaking up the sideline all alone but instead threw it into a tight window to Shepard for a short completion.