SportsWrath

Sir Olivier Vernon

BronxRik

Olive-tar?

Anyways he was an absolute monster in the run game today, he was pushing Smith/Witten whoever out of the way like they were kids.

He also free'd up JPP to do his own thing.

So far I think he's worth the money.

I think he's been worth it too. He's a disruptive force on the line for sure.

So far, I'm pleased too. I'm excited to see what they can do against the not-best offensive lines in football.

Exactly. I'm pumped.

I'll give a lot of credit to Prescott too, the kid never got rattled, though I wish we could have reeled in at least one INT as there were multiple chances in the 2nd half.

Exactly. I'm pumped.

I'll give a lot of credit to Prescott too, the kid never got rattled, though I wish we could have reeled in at least one INT as there were multiple chances in the 2nd half.

Yeah, he got away with a few floaters. Still, as you say, he was pretty good for first start.

Between Wentz's start in Philly and Prescott's start for Dallas...I'm hoping there is some post-Eli plan...because if these two guys improve on their starts (albeit small sample size)...Giants could have some tough years coming 4 or 5 years from now.

I would've liked to see a solid hit on Prescott at some point. Just one good, early shot to get him thinking about the rush. As it were, he was a little too comfortable early in the game. I will say, first game of the season has jitters and mistakes...almost an extension of the preseason. We'll see what the Giants are able to dial up once the comfort level rises.

They've also done away with the 'Probable' injury designation for some reason, so anyone who's got an injury is listed as 'Questionable' now. It's stupid.

I guess for fantasy owners it must suck, otherwise I never seen the big deal for the change.

I mean the reason for the change was 99% of the time anyone listed as "probable" still played, so why even bother listing people as probable anymore?

I guess for fantasy owners it must suck, otherwise I never seen the big deal for the change.

I mean the reason for the change was 99% of the time anyone listed as "probable" still played, so why even bother listing people as probable anymore?

Because now players who are 99% going to play are being listed as 'Questionable'. I think the Bears had 34 players listed as Questionable for Week 1.

Because now players who are 99% going to play are being listed as 'Questionable'. I think the Bears had 34 players listed as Questionable for Week 1.

Eight designations according to ESPN/Fox.

Compare that to week one reports from 2015.

The probable players are no longer listed, those who would normal be designated as questionable or doubtful still are.

Eight designations according to ESPN/Fox.

Compare that to week one reports from 2015.

The probable players are no longer listed, those who would normal be designated as questionable or doubtful still are.

Ok but now the gamesmanship, which admittedly has always existed with injuries, borders on deception. How are you supposed to game plan if 20 players are listed as questionable but all but one or two of those will play? Game plan like they will play, anyway?

Ok but now the gamesmanship, which admittedly has always existed with injuries, borders on deception. How are you supposed to game plan if 20 players are listed as questionable but all but one or two of those will play? Game plan like they will play, anyway?

I have no idea how teams gameplan for players on an injury report, I don't think any of us do.

But this seems to sum it up;

"Questionable" designates a player who is uncertain to play. "Doubtful" means the player is unlikely to play, and "out" means the player will not play.

The league eliminated the "probable" category in part because about 95% of the players who were listed under that designation ended up participating in a game.

For practice reports, the word "out" has been eliminated.

Teams must list injured players one of three ways in regards to practice. If the player did not practice, he will be listed as "did not participate." If the injured player practices, he will be listed under either "limited participation" if he took less than 100% of his normal reps, or under "full participation" if he took all of his normal reps.

A player that is certain to play in a game will no longer appear on the game status report, even if he was listed on the team's practice injury report during that week. But if that player ends up being deactivated for the game, an explanation must be provided to the league, with teams facing discipline if the rule is violated.

All the NFL did was remove the amount of players appearing on the NFL injury report every week.

Not really. Now every player who would have been listed as probable is listed as questionable.

No they got rid of the designation completely.

Players listed as probable no longer get listed at all, outside of if they missed practice time during the week.

They didnt just "bump" players up a whole designation.

No they got rid of the designation completely.

Players listed as probable no longer get listed at all, outside of if they missed practice time during the week.

They didnt just "bump" players up a whole designation.

It sounds like that's exactly what the Bears did.