SportsWrath

The O line

UK-Giantsfan

How do you base your decision in regards to your next head coach who will be responsible for the course of the franchise on a 35 year old quarterback?

That's what they seemingly did. Maybe they were doing their due diligence but tgey interviewed McAdoo and then interviewed 12 other candidates and seemed on the verge of hiring Hue Jackson instead. They really don't fire head coaches unless it's really mediocre(i.e Fassell.) They probably do give McAdoo at least the chance to find Eli's heir apparent

That's what they seemingly did. Maybe they were doing their due diligence but tgey interviewed McAdoo and then interviewed 12 other candidates and seemed on the verge of hiring Hue Jackson instead. They really don't fire head coaches unless it's really mediocre(i.e Fassell.) They probably do give McAdoo at least the chance to find Eli's heir apparent

I think McAdoo earned the job regardless of Eli Manning. Now I want McAdoo to earn the job he was given by production this season.

That's my point. The insistence that Flowers couldn't possibly be moved onto the right side hurt the chances dramatically that the Giants would improve the OL.

I can agree with this take... to some extent.

Davis is the starting RG and backup RT on the Niners. That ship has unfortunately sailed.

Yep. Don't know what happened but back in April he didn't want to be reinstated until they traded his rights and he was slamming the organization. Now he said he wants to be a Niner for life and even went out of position for them. He's a Jersey kid who went to Rutgers and spent his year of retirement in New Jersey, So I think Giants fans got their hopes up for him to come to his hometown team. Honestly even if he became available they wouldn't of traded for him

There are two things this offensive line has going going it this year.

The Giants defense looks much improved, and the NFC east doesn't look super competitive.

Other than that I don't see an upside. No matter what plug and play players they pick up from the trash heap.

Giants.com keeps spinning that Pugh has more an impact on continuity that most think. Says when he gets in flowers play will improve.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Don't know what happened but back in April he didn't want to be reinstated until they traded his rights and he was slamming the organization. Now he said he wants to be a Niner for life and even went out of position for them. He's a Jersey kid who went to Rutgers and spent his year of retirement in New Jersey, So I think Giants fans got their hopes up for him to come to his hometown team. Honestly even if he became available they wouldn't of traded for him

Ok now there's this about Davis

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/09/10/49ers-anthony-davis-pondering-retirement-again-this-time-just-shy-of-season-opener/

Really interesting play by the O-line this week. In-line blocking they were terrible, just flat-out getting destroyed on every snap.

Mac switched them to more pulls and traps, and all of a sudden they looked pretty decent.

It'll be intriguing to see what happens moving forward. Trap-blocking lines tend to really have a hard time with physical D-lines, and Dallas' D-line was anything but physical, but still, it was nice to see a legit running game at the end where we needed it.

Yeah, the line certainly wasn't great, but they did okay. Eli, you can tell, was trying to move in the pocket a little bit, but by choice, not really being forced out. His footwork seemed to aid the offensive line a little bit. There's reason for some confidence there, but there's also still room for concern.

I thought the OL did faar better than advertised. Ofcourse - the real test will be against Minnesota - but I was honestly expecting a lot worse and was quite pleasantly surprised by the blocking in the run game. If this team could find a reliable pass catching TE - it could work wonders. I miss Shockey......

Shockey Developed Stone hands. Thats why he is out of the league

Shockey is out of the league because his playing days were behind him like 5 years ago. He was drafted in 2002. By most tight end measures, he had a productive and stellar career.

• 2 weeks later...