SportsWrath

Question that has been haunting me...

Currency

And Bryant was just shot. We should have just spiked the ball on the ground after the messed up snap. I guarantee a veteran like Feagles would have done that.

I think spiking the ball ends the game. Chris Collinsworth was screaming for Matt Allen to spike the ball, but then he later apologized for being wrong and not being aware of the rules. :mellow:

It wouldn't have mattered if he didn't score on the play. If they correctly throw the flag the game can't end on a defensive penalty. We'd line up for a field goal from inside the 5. It would've been akin to an extra point.

The kick would have actually taken place from the same LOS. According to the NFL Director of Officiating, Tam Hopkins was illegally downfield on the play (the refs mistakenly called Seubert as the illegal man downfield). The illegal downfield should have been offset by a defensive pass interference. By rule, a game cannot end on offsetting penalties. The Giants should have had one untimed down from the previous spot...

I was working off the assumption that the entire play was actually called correctly.

First, that the Giants wouldn't have been flagged at all on the play, second that the pass interference call would've stood up. Thus we have the ball with a chip shot field goal and a trip to Tampa.

I was working off the assumption that the entire play was actually called correctly.

First, that the Giants wouldn't have been flagged at all on the play, second that the pass interference call would've stood up. Thus we have the ball with a chip shot field goal and a trip to Tampa.

If called correctly, Tam Hopkins would have been flagged for being illegally downfield. That would have offset the defense PI call (which should have been called). Thus, they would have had 1 play with 0:00 on the clock from the previous spot.

If called correctly, Tam Hopkins would have been flagged for being illegally downfield. That would have offset the defense PI call (which should have been called). Thus, they would have had 1 play with 0:00 on the clock from the previous spot.

That's what I've been trying to say. It's still a tough 43 yard field goal on the road with a kicker who must have had three heart attacks leading up to his kick.

I still have the image of TO stuck in my head while he was leading something like a band at the end of teh game. And I remember the next week on Jimmy's picks a fake Toomer was on and he was blaming cousin Frank for the loss for some reason, I forgot what.