SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs

bluebloodinflorida

Brandon Jacobs  

25 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think his role in 2006 be?

• Same as 2006....3rd and short back
    • Fullback
    • Preparing to take over as featured back
    • Benched due to lack of production
    • Loudmouth/Troublemaker

Nope - you are wrong again.

The good short yardage backs almost always get the yards. Bettis, Zack Crockett, Stephen Davis and Rudi are examples of backs that almost always get the short yardage, even with the defense KNOWING they will get the ball. Fact is, the bad ones like Ron Dayne don't get it, because they suck. Tiki was a better short yardage back than Jacobs. Blaming the plays called is what whiners do - winners get the yards and win - like the Steelers. If an offense cannot get a 3rd and 1 when the defense KNOWS the run is coming, they will not be a good team - just ask Parcells. The occasional pass to the TE is okay, but still the CHAMPIONSHIP teams can line-up and run it at you. The fact Jacobs couldn't get in against the pititful 49ers tells you he isn't very good - that's why he was available in the 4th round. Blaming the playcalling is making excuses for bad plays and bad execution, and shows a tendancy toward avoidance and delusion.

Yeah, Zach Crockett did such a great job against us in that Raiders game :ph34r: , what was it 3 tries from inside the 2??? Does that make him a good short yardage back or a mediocre one? The double standard will always apply with any of Lockspaz's replies.

Guest Lockhart
Yeah, Zach Crockett did such a great job against us in that Raiders game :ph34r: , what was it 3 tries from inside the 2??? Does that make him a good short yardage back or a mediocre one? The double standard will always apply with any of Lockspaz's replies.

Zack Crockett has done it for years - Jacobs couldn't do it for half a season before Tiki had to take over - learn the game Mildred - just follow the teachings of the FAB 4.

Zack Crockett has done it for years - Jacobs couldn't do it for half a season before Tiki had to take over - learn the game Mildred - just follow the teachings of the FAB 4.

:clap::clap:

I love reading the shit you put worth everyday. Really, I do. It makes a good laugh.

Hey, speaking of that Oakland game, remember when Jacobs lowered his shoulders and got in, while Crockett failed to. I sure do.

Yes at first. But afterwards he was the featured back while Bettis was used to spell him. Staley in my opinion has been a non factor in the NFL ever since he left philly.

Still, I doubt the Steelers planned it this way.

Agreed, Staley hasn't done anything since arriving with the Steelers.

Still, I doubt the Steelers planned it this way.

Agreed, Staley hasn't done anything since arriving with the Steelers.

I'm sure it wasn't planned that way lol That wasn't my point. I just think if Jacobs could come in and grind out yards like Bettis did then other teams would have yet another weapon to worry about. The question is can he produce? We'll find out.

Jacobs is going to be an impact player for us in the near future.

No he won't. Here is the proof which you have failed to provide:

1) Jacobs is a fumbler.

2) Jacobs was drafted to be short yardage back, it's been made clear by everyone.

3) Jacobs proved to us that Dayne wasn't the problem, it was the OLine.

4) If Dayne was our short-yardage back, he would have had similar or better success than Jacobs.

5) He's a big target.

6) No one wants a big RB, this is the era of small RB.

Stick to Madden.

1) Jacobs is a fumbler.

2) Jacobs was drafted to be short yardage back, it's been made clear by everyone.

4) If Dayne was our short-yardage back, he would have had similar or better success than Jacobs.

5) He's a big target.

Stick to Madden.

Jacobs fumbled once this year and was very sure-handed in college as well. Not sure where you got it in your head that he was a fumbler.

You don't invest a 4th round pick in guy who you plan to give a maximum of 5 carries a game. If the Giants viewed Jacobs exclusively as a short-yardage back, they would not have drafted him with a premium pick.

Era of small RBs? The league MVP is a 225-pound RB...

Jacobs fumbled once this year and was very sure-handed in college as well. Not sure where you got it in your head that he was a fumbler.

You don't invest a 4th round pick in guy who you plan to give a maximum of 5 carries a game. If the Giants viewed Jacobs exclusively as a short-yardage back, they would not have drafted him with a premium pick.

Post of the fucking year.

Guest Lockhart

Dayne was drafted in the first round as a short yardage back. Running backs chosen in the 4th round are a dime a dozen. Jacobs is not and will never be an every down back. The Giants know this and will draft another running back this year to be the true replacement hopeful for Tiki. Jacobs has his uses but will never be Tiki's replacement. He will be moved to TE, and still do short yardage and special team duties.

As a TE he can still catch the flat passes and run just as he is used to and not like a real NFL running back. Watch tfor the Giants to get another running back, let shianco go off as a free agent, and then move Jacobs to TE/H-back.

why would you say that?

Dayne was drafted in the first round as a short yardage back. Running backs chosen in the 4th round are a dime a dozen. Jacobs is not and will never be an every down back. The Giants know this and will draft another running back this year to be the true replacement hopeful for Tiki. Jacobs has his uses but will never be Tiki's replacement. He will be moved to TE, and still do short yardage and special team duties.

Intellect like that would still have Tiki Barber returning punts. Lockhart may have been a gifted college athlete, but there his story ends. You can almost taste the bitterness. Oh, what might have been...

Dayne was chosen as a short-yardage back? I guess that explains why he had more carries than Tiki did during Dayne's rookie season (228 > 213) ... I suppose we had a lot of short-yardage situations, 228 to be exact...

Dayne was chosen as a short-yardage back? I guess that explains why he had more carries than Tiki did during Dayne's rookie season (228 > 213) ... I suppose we had a lot of short-yardage situations, 228 to be exact...

Second post of the fucking year.

1) Jacobs is a fumbler.

5) He's a big target.

Stick to Madden.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph -- where do these cetrioles come from?

You see, Money? You see why I'd rather identify as "Klingon" instead of "Italian?" And you thought it was because of all the Mafia references. Well, guess again.

I did not think that this many people would reply to this post, but since this seems to be an interesting topic. Let me ask this...How many carries are enough for jacobs. Personally I think that the only problem that needs t be fixed, aside from the injuries, is Eli's mistakes. If we change or deviate from the plan and start giving Jacobs the ball more I think that there may be a lot of second guessers. To include myself, I think that Jacobs has a tremendous upside but I would not be ready to take that risk.

i met zack crockett and he is a huge dude

i also met another short yardage back T.J. Duckett he is not tall at all i would say not bigger then 5'11" but he is just so thick and this traps are huge

i met zack crockett and he is a huge dude

i also met another short yardage back T.J. Duckett he is not tall at all i would say not bigger then 5'11" but he is just so thick and this traps are huge

And he's also an amazing downhill/short yardage back. He just knows how to get the yard.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph -- where do these cetrioles come from?

You see, Money? You see why I'd rather identify as "Klingon" instead of "Italian?" And you thought it was because of all the Mafia references. Well, guess again.

Don't take that guy seriously. He's a joker.

Jacobs may be an impact player if he learns not to take big hits below his pads. He's awfully tall to avoid them.

I'd say that he's going to struggle. i hope not, but the only time he looked good was in preseason against the Browns when he had some time to gain speed.

I like him, but he's clumsy looking and our utilization of him is unfortunate. it's not just a matter of carries, it's the type. Also, I'll never be convinced of why he and Tiki can't occupy the same backfield. BJ is so big you'd loose Tiki before he hits the shuffle of the line.

I like BJ, but he may wind up being a Hulk Hogan: big, limited, and without manuevarbility. That's right, I used a Hulk Hogan reference

Jacobs may be an impact player if he learns not to take big hits below his pads. He's awfully tall to avoid them.

I'd say that he's going to struggle. i hope not, but the only time he looked good was in preseason against the Browns when he had some time to gain speed.

I like him, but he's clumsy looking and our utilization of him is unfortunate. it's not just a matter of carries, it's the type. Also, I'll never be convinced of why he and Tiki can't occupy the same backfield. BJ is so big you'd loose Tiki before he hits the shuffle of the line.

I like BJ, but he may wind up being a Hulk Hogan: big, limited, and without manuevarbility. That's right, I used a Hulk Hogan reference

Jacobs has good maneuverability...excellent for a player of his size. I would bet he'd beat Tiki in a 50-yard race, and he's got some wiggle to him. Let's see how does outside of short-yardage situations before we conclude that he's a limited player...

I don't know what Tiki and JB run in the 40 with or without pads. Since without is irrelevant, let's go with pads.

I don't see Tiki with break away speed and that's never been his moniker (sp.). I don't know where the idea that BJ has good manueverability comes from. Where was that demonstrated?

He's an intriguing prospect, but I would be surpised to see him excel. He's not just tall as some proport other RB's to be. He's got a significant length to his torso which is why he struggles to get low and since his primary carries are shorts (thus far) there's not much likelyhood (for him) to out maneuver defenders (assuming he could).

I'm not ready to throw him away and frankly, I like him better than Ward. The challenge (as I see it) is that we have a Ward and a Jacobs and we need a hybrid to compliment Tiki. Running style are not easily adapted to by OL, especially when they're used to the TIki style of running.

I'd say Brandon is our big hope and as of yet, he's only shown himself worthy to be on the team. He did not earn more carries just yet. Perhaps necessity will intervene, but I sure hope not.