1 reply to this topic

#1 Osi724dasack

Osi724dasack

All in the game yo

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,678 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

See how he feels Thursday. If he can do his bullpen on thursday and you have Ike and Johan opening day. Well that's a
Little bit of brightness.

Your best bet is to trade Johan for prospects, it's a real shame you guys couldn't get prospects for Reyes.

#2 Jim

Jim

Past my prime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,031 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

They get the Marlins draft pick I think... something like that. MLB free agency works in some fashion where if you lose a type A free agent, which Reyes certainly is, you get an extra 1st rounder or something, idk.

Anyhow, Santana is really key for this team. He's had a lot of time to heal and to rehab. So if he's strong, and gets that velocity back up to 91-92 consistently on that fastball, he will be very good. He threw a changeup to Yadier Molina that was the real deal... just a wicked pitch and really fooled Yadier.

But the return of Santana and Ike are the main reasons I don't think this team will be as bad as everyone says. Now, if Santana has a major setback, all bets are off. But I like this team. I like Matt Harvey, too. I think one of these young guns is going to work his way into the rotation before the season is over (Harvey, Familia, or Wheeler). My bet is Harvey and I think he's the closest. And I think he's going to be dominant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users