SportsWrath

Very frustrating watching this team lately

gateb

Endy in the #2 slot is terrible, I love you endy but your best useful when your in the lineup in the 8th slot. Why can't Lo Duca be in the #2 hole until a guy like Green or Alou comes back? I actually like the idea of Moises batting 2nd.

Seeing Wright's uppercut swing and missing pitches right down the middle makes me hurl everytime. Hit line drives dammit!

And Delgado, just when it seems like you get going all you can do is hit high fly balls.

We havent been getting any breaks lately either. A lot of warning track and foul balls that just miss hooking around the bag.

Those first innings are killers too.

Lets get going guys!

I posted a thread on how he changed his swing.

Here it is

He changed his swing, I'm surprised Keith Hernandez hasn't picked

up on that.....yet.

Yeah i saw that a few weeks ago on metsblog a day before the yankees series and was about to post it but after his 3 homers he looked like he was on his way back so it wasnt worth posting.

keith has noticed the change in his swing but not the specifics. Glad someone has though. It's definitely that leg kick thats holding him back the most IMO. That extra split second he takes with the leg kick is making him under the ball, or get blown away by the fastball.

It was also brought to my attention that David always hits his homers in bunches. 10 of his 26 homers last year were in june, this year 8 of his 8 homers were in may.

Yeah i saw that a few weeks ago on metsblog a day before the yankees series and was about to post it but after his 3 homers he looked like he was on his way back so it wasnt worth posting.

keith has noticed the change in his swing but not the specifics. Glad someone has though. It's definitely that leg kick thats holding him back the most IMO. That extra split second he takes with the leg kick is making him under the ball, or get blown away by the fastball.

It was also brought to my attention that David always hits his homers in bunches. 10 of his 26 homers last year were in june, this year 8 of his 8 homers were in may.

Exactly, I know I'm not even close to a major league ballplayer but when I used to

play I had a high leg kick and when I couldn't catch up to fastballs I changed my swing.

I picked Derek Jeter's swing, short and compact. Wright's is way, way, way too long.

You would think that Rick Down notices this.

Relax, every team hits a lull in their season sooner or later.

I'm starting to get worried about Delgado, though. We need his power back. I'm hoping he's still getting the rust out following two surgeries and a shortened spring training, but it is getting late.

As for Wright, I don't know why he changed his swing. He used to do that little corkscrew thing with his left foot, and now he's got a leg kick? :confused: Why fix what wasn't broken?

Golfingkid, I finally saw that thread about his swing, but haven't had a chance to really read it yet. Hopefully someone convinces him to change it back soon.

:blah: The team is fine they just need to get out of their funk. Valentin coming back could help, you might think with Gotay as hot as he is Valentin COULD get some starts in the field since Endy is now hurt and Gomez/Johnson/Easley can't go day in day out.

what the Wright homerun? That was a homerun. If not, not sure what play you are talking about.

Okay....that one, or the bunt with the run waaaay inside the line. <_<