SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Good signing JR. He is not the great player he once was , but he has an excellent footballing brain and huge amounts of knowledge and experience. I think he will be refreshed by leaving Utd and will relish one last challenge with QPR. Harry will know how to get the best out of him this season.

Yeah that signing is fine JR, and he only signed for one year so he either reups next year or he does what I think he'll eventually do and come to the states . He'll give them some experience back there, but to be honest, the Caulker deal is much better.

I am hearing that the Remy to Liverpool deal is off because of a failed medical. They offered him another deal, a pay as you play deal, but he rejected that. I don't know what they are going to do with him now. Can't get rid of him, Cesar, and Taarabt. Well anyway found this funny

aa477c3b9279eefad8590c5bdc792060.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess we got some silverware huh.

Tale of 2 halves UK. Liverpool better team in the first, United better in the 2nd.

I was at the United - Milan game in DC, trust me to pick the game they don't score in. Me and the son had a good time though. Both Milan teams suck real bad.

Our schdedule suits us so much at the start, 6 winnable games before back to backs with Chelsea and City, and we have all 3 promoted teams.

QPR are about to offer Remy a new deal to stay at Loftus Road according to the London Evening Standard tonight !

Yeah they want to rid of the release clause. Going to be an interesting rest of the month. I think Remy will stay til January and hopefully by then, we are in good shape. They are starting to make some good signings. They signed Mutch from Cardiff and Isla from Juventus today. Hearing Fer from Norwich will be in the next few days, well see. That would be a great signing.

I really don't like the idea of getting guys from teams who just got relegated. Just a bad idea in my eyes. I mean you get Futch from Cardiff, why not go for Peter Whittingham or a Fabio, I think both of those guys are more Premiership quality than Mutch.

And honestly, I'd sell Remy and see if I could pull off signing a Jordan Rhodes or get a striker on loan. Jesse Lingard from United I think would be a nice pickup for anyone.

well ....its nearly here again.

I'm picking City to win it again , Chelsea second , Liverpool 3rd , Arsenal 4th , Man U 5th. ( sorry Boo )

Did anyone see that goal by Giroud in the Community Shield ? .....stunning.

Looks like Man City might need Mangala for £32 M from Porto !

( JR - Can QPR get off to winning ways v Hull ? )

Regards UK

I definitely see Man U to get back into the top 4 this year. I am going with Chelsea or City (toss up), Arsenal, Man U, and Liverpool. Liverpool is going to miss Suarez badly and by not replacing him, I don't see them making the top 4. There is still a lot of time to get a top striker.

As for QPR, I don't know. I think they have enough to beat the drop, because there are some horrid teams out there. I think they need a lot more help though. Since Harry is switching them to a 3-5-2 with two wing backs, the back three looks good with Caulker, Rio, Onouha, Dunne, and Hill. Bringing Isla in is a huge steal. He can play RWB or midfield so I don't know how Harry is going to play him. I am a little worried about midfield. They have Barton, Mutch, Faurlin and really not much else. Plus Tarrabt is not fit and not willing to train so they don't really have any attacking midfielders. I am kind of worried about scoring goals. I think their defense will be their strong point though. We shall see. Oh, what do you guys think of Glenn Hoddle joining as a coach? Don't know much about him.

As for the teams that I think will go down, definitely Burnley. West Brom is another one and possibly Southampton. I don't think Burnley has one proven premier league player. Those are my three to go down.

I like Hoddle. He was a fantastic player for Spurs in the 80's and scored some absolutely stunning goals. He was a decent manager too with Swindon and then Chelsea but got lots of hate from the British press unfairly when he was England manager ( although I thought he did a good job ). I think he has a good football brain and will work well with Harry behind the scenes at Loftus Road. An excellent appointment in my opinion for QPR

Pulis will have a job in October, because he keeps teams up.

You know when you're not in Europe when you end up in the draw for the 2nd round of the Capital Cup. Holy shit, I laughed hard on that one. Trading in Bayern Munich for a Tuesday night at MK Dons!

well ........ Man U looked awful in Defense Boo ( as bad as last season in fact )......I don't think any team is going to be worried about going to Old Trafford based on that performance ! ...and why Van Gaal has decided to make Rooney the captain is beyond me.

QPR deserved a point JR. They were by far the better team ....but you have to take your chances ! ( shame that Rio was at fault for their goal because I thought that you looked good and well organised at the back )

Can Liverpool start with a win today v Southampton ?......we shall see soon enough

The 2nd goal was a result of Feiliani not picking up the oncoming attacker, just watching him. The guy is so deficient in many areas, he doesn't attack crosses, he doesn't defend well, and he's very stiff. After the 2nd goal went in, so did our confidence.

Liverpool were okay, I wouldn't be too impressed. To be honest, it just looks like Liverpool sign a bunch of players every year now. It's so far removed from the old days.

I am not too upset with their performance. On paper, Hull is a good team, but Austin should have done a better job on the penalty, which was a bad call by the way. It was too bad that Isla was not eligible to play yesterday, I think he might have made a difference. Mutch and Barton are not going to cut it at center mid. I thought Mutch played well, but they need help there. There are a lot of speed there, but not enough creativity. I thought when Phillips was brought it, they looked really good. I did not get a chance to see Liverpool today, overslept until 11 lol. A good win though. Shame with Man U, really didn't expect that.

Plus they have striker Eduardo Vargas also coming in on loan, with an agreement to purchase after the season. Another solid signing, really like how this team is shaping up. They CANNOT let Remy leave. Not much of Mark Hughes' team left, Julio Cesar went to Benfica. Crystal Palace is a sinking ship. Malky Mackay backed out.