SportsWrath

Maziel is a liar as well as an idiot, apparently.

Treehugger

We don't know that everybody did... if Bortles would've still been available at pick 4, who knows where he gets drafted. Jags got their franchise QB at 3. Browns are still searching.

And that's why all this let's grade the draft after the draft is so asinine.

Johnny Manziel hopes to play next season

Former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel said Tuesday that he still hopes to play in 2016, according to a statement issued to USA Today.

“I’m hoping to take care of the issues in front of me right now so I can focus on what I have to do if I want to play in 2016,” Manziel’s statement read. “I also continue to be thankful to those who really know me and support me.”

Manziel’s statement comes after a rocky day including agent Drew Rosenhaus letting Manziel go as a client, per ESPN, and an announcement form the Dallas County District Attorney. The office announced it would bring Manziel’s assault case, stemming from allegations made by Manziel’s ex-girlfriend, before a grand jury on Thursday. If he’s indicted on the misdemeanor assault charge, Manziel could face up to a year in jail.

Manziel’s spokesperson, Denise Michaels, also had a statement.

“So many people have one image of Jonathan but, believe it or not, he takes all this very seriously,” Michaels said. “He’s hoping that he can clear up his personal issues, start interviewing agents and see what he needs to do if he wants to play this year.”

It's "Jonathon" now. He's really serious, guys. :laugh:

Johnny Manziel's Contract with Nike Terminated: Latest Comments and Reaction By Adam Wells , Featured Columnist

Apr 19, 2016

Nike has reportedly terminated its contract with Johnny Manziel.

According to ESPN.com's Darren Rovell, Nike ended its deal with Manziel "some time" after the conclusion of the 2015 NFL season.

Rovell also noted other brands have stopped associating with the former Heisman Trophy winner: "Brands that used him, Nissan and MusclePharm, are no longer promoting an association. Other deals that Manziel signed his rookie year, including with Snickers and McDonald's, were one-off commercial spots that concluded by the time Manziel went to rehab in early 2015."

Prior to the Cleveland Browns drafting him 22nd overall in 2014, Manziel signed a multiyear deal with the apparel giant.

Rovell reported at the time of Manziel's original agreement with Nike that his deal was the "highest price paid" for a rookie in the 2014 draft class, though official terms were not disclosed.

The free-agent quarterback has had various off-field problems since entering the NFL. The Associated Press (via NFL.com) reported Tuesday that his domestic violence case stemming from an alleged January incident with his ex-girlfriend, Colleen Crowley, will be sent to a grand jury on Thursday.

Emily Smith of the New York Post reported on April 14 that Manziel and his friends allegedly threw a party that caused $32,000 in damages at a rented house in West Hollywood.

Any evidence of Manziel having been an athlete—let alone one of the highest-profile college stars of the last decade during his time at Texas A&M—is evaporating rapidly.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday that agent Drew Rosenhaus officially dropped Manziel as a client, which marks the second time in two months the quarterback has lost an agent.

At just 23 years old, Manziel may get a second chance in the NFL, but he has a lot of work to do to earn the trust of teams again.

• 1 month later...

Johnny's kickin' it up a notch!

Report: Johnny Manziel missing in New York

Johnny Manziel is missing. According to the New York Post, the former NFL quarterback was hosting a small party for friends and family in the Hamptons this weekend but never made it to his helicopter flight. After failing to answer his phone, the helicopter left and Manziel has yet to be found.

In April, the former Heisman Trophy winner crashed a rental car in to a pole on the Sunset Strip and refused to pay $90,000 in damages. Wayne Schneider, the owner of the S550 Mercedes wanted answers, but Manziel avoided all contact, until Friday when Schneider followed Manziel out of Trump Soho and blocked his SUV with several cars.

It is unknown if the two events are linked.

Johnny's kickin' it up a notch!

Report: Johnny Manziel missing in New York

Johnny Manziel is missing. According to the New York Post, the former NFL quarterback was hosting a small party for friends and family in the Hamptons this weekend but never made it to his helicopter flight. After failing to answer his phone, the helicopter left and Manziel has yet to be found.

In April, the former Heisman Trophy winner crashed a rental car in to a pole on the Sunset Strip and refused to pay $90,000 in damages. Wayne Schneider, the owner of the S550 Mercedes wanted answers, but Manziel avoided all contact, until Friday when Schneider followed Manziel out of Trump Soho and blocked his SUV with several cars.

It is unknown if the two events are linked.

Don't mess with Schneider

hqdefault.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Manziel lawyer has doubts the quarterback can stay sober

The ever-winding saga of Johnny Manziel took another turn Friday when the Associated Press reported that his own lawyer doubted he could stay clean.

Defense attorney Bob Hinton accidentally sent a text message to the AP Wednesday that, among other things said Manziel could have spent more than $1,000 at a Gas Pipe drug paraphernalia store 15 hours after he was involved in a hit-and-run crash, and said that Manziel was seeking a plea deal, but hoped that drug testing wasn’t on the docket.

“Heaven help us if one of the conditions is to pee in a bottle,” Hinton’s text wrote.

Hinton told the AP he meant to send the text to another lawyer, and threatened to sue based on attorney-client privilege. When asked about the receipt of $1,018.77, Hinton told the AP that he didn’t know “if the receipt is legitimate or not.”

Per the AP, Manziel faces a misdemeanor assault charge for allegedly striking and threatening former girlfriend Colleen Crowley in January. If convicted, he could face up to a year in jail and a $4,000 fine.

Thing that blows me away is that he's still being talked about. He's a washed up drunk at this point. At this point, there is no reason to believe he'll turn it around until he does.

This time in the offseason with nothing going on the NFL jumps at anything to write a story on.

Fuck they had an article the other day about which teams the newly retired Manning will be "pulling for this year" in which he named the entire league.

Top quality writing that was.

Thing that blows me away is that he's still being talked about. He's a washed up drunk at this point. At this point, there is no reason to believe he'll turn it around until he does.

I'm enjoying my schadenfreude.

TMZ is reporting that former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel will be suspended for the first four games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy. According to the website's source, the substance in question is not considered a 'performance enhancing drug.' If true, the quarterback would miss the first four games of 2016 regardless of if he is on an NFL roster.

It was recently reported that the Texas A&M product will make an effort to become sober and make a comeback to the NFL starting July 1.