SportsWrath

I will say this:

Storm

And I'm not being racist, this is a fact.

Until Cam Newton decides he wants to drop the on-field, hip hop bullshit, figure out that the game is bigger than he is, and that it's about his teammates, not his celebrations, he will never, ever win a Super Bowl. After the game, instead of talking about performances, he's talking about Beckham biting his dance!

i don't mind it. the NFL does everything they can to make the players nameless and have it be about the league. Cam is no different then he was in College and before. He's promotional. What that has to do with winning or not winning a Super Bowl is lost on me. Joe Namath was promotional.

Beckham too. It's embarrassing having our guy do shit like that helmet to helmet play

He needs to get his shit together. Suspend him for the rest of the season and send him to a sports psychologist or something. I get that he has received his share of late hits and cheap shots, but if you're gonna have that ego, be that good, and make everyone know you're that good, defenses are gonna hit you. He loses his shit every time a CB shuts him down. That is a trend. He pulls that shit and gets tossed from a playoff game, see how quick the fans turn on him.

i don't mind it. the NFL does everything they can to make the players nameless and have it be about the league. Cam is no different then he was in College and before. He's promotional. What that has to do with winning or not winning a Super Bowl is lost on me. Joe Namath was promotional.

Because quarterbacks like Cam Newton don't win Super Bowls. If Joe Namath is the last self-promoting, me-first who managed to win a Super Bowl, I simply don't like Cam's chances. It's why the Bradys, Rodgers, Roethlisbergers, and Mannings win Super Bowls and the Manziels, Vicks, Cutlers don't and never will.

Because quarterbacks like Cam Newton don't win Super Bowls. If Joe Namath is the last self-promoting, me-first who managed to win a Super Bowl, I simply don't like Cam's chances. It's why the Bradys, Rodgers, Roethlisbergers, and Mannings win Super Bowls and the Manziels, Vicks, Cutlers don't and never will.

I'd rather watch a promotional guy hoist the Lombardi than a rapist.

I'd rather watch a promotional guy hoist the Lombardi than a rapist.

Fair point.

I have no issues with off the field promotion. But have some damn humility on the field. You are blessed to play a game, so yeah, have some fun, but act like a damn leader.

Fair point.

I have no issues with off the field promotion. But have some damn humility on the field. You are blessed to play a game, so yeah, have some fun, but act like a damn leader.

The thing is though, according to all reports he is a leader.

His teammates eat up his act and buy into it.

That's why there's a difference between a guy like TO and a guy like Cam, teammates like Cam and believe in him, they WANT to play for him.

He needs to get his shit together. Suspend him for the rest of the season and send him to a sports psychologist or something. I get that he has received his share of late hits and cheap shots, but if you're gonna have that ego, be that good, and make everyone know you're that good, defenses are gonna hit you. He loses his shit every time a CB shuts him down. That is a trend. He pulls that shit and gets tossed from a playoff game, see how quick the fans turn on him.

Yeah, the guy has some real emotional maturity issues. He did seem to really calm down during the almost comeback. I think he may have realised he was going to far.