SportsWrath

OBJ Makes Cover of Madden 2016

BronxRik

Odell Beckham's supernova rise as a rookie will finish on the cover of Madden NFL 2016.

The New York Giants wide receiver won a vote over Rob Gronkowski to determine who should be on the cover this year. Gronk has the Super Bowl title; Beckham has the "wow" factor because of his insane athleticism. Gronk is the best tight end in the league, but Beckham is like Randy Moss in 1999. His ceiling appears limitless.

Beckham was inspiring comparisons to Michael Jordan on our website even before he made that catch. In a sea of wildly talented rookie receivers, Beckham stood apart because of his incredible hands, versatility, and strength. Beckham can make defenders miss after the catch or he can run them over. He can take a hit over the middle or go deep.

If we held the 2014 NFL Draft over again, Beckham would likely be the No. 1 overall pick. The athleticism is easy to spot, but Beckham's football intelligence comes through with his ability to set up defenders and run every route.

We've heard some folks wonder if Beckham could be overhyped. We believe that's selling Beckham's rookie season short. We haven't seen anyone like him enter the league at such a high level since Moss. Beckham already averaged more yards-per-game at a position that is normally hard to adjust to at the NFL level.

He's a top-five receiver that may just go in the top five fantasy picks in September. Gronk is great, but Beckham fits right in as a cover boy, and a new face of the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492622/article/odell-beckham-makes-cover-of-madden-2016

That's actually pretty damn awesome. Is he the first player to enter his sophomore season on the cover Madden?

I think Vince Young has that title actually, I remember them making a big deal about it since a rookie would be on the cover.

However OBJ is the latest, and we can pretty much guarantee baring some catastrophic injury, he'll be having a better career then VY.

Well there goes our season. OBJ is going to contract Ebola now and be out for the remainder of his life.

This.

But I bet Bill Cowher can round him back into form after his injury, and not rush him back and ruin him like T.C. does to everybody.

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 27s28 seconds ago

Art Stapleton retweeted Steve Weatherford

Those worried if more fame will change Odell Beckham Jr.: Leaves ESPN after midnight. At Giants facility this a.m.

Awesome. I was not worried about it. I love his make up, I don't think we have to worry about him turning into a TO or Ochocinco level diva.

Awesome. I was not worried about it. I love his make up, I don't think we have to worry about him turning into a TO or Ochocinco level diva.

My woman was making me laugh last night, she follows a bunch of the giants players on instagram, she said "odell better be good this year, I look at instagram and see a lot of hanging out, jpp has a lot of working out, but i see odell a lot of hangin out".

just made me laugh, I've turned her into a decent giants fan.

Don't get suckered in... Just buy his jersey. From everything I heard Madden hasn't put out a good game since early to mid-2000s.

They don't have a reason to. There's no competition since they have exclusive rights to the NFL. They can just churn out an updated roster and schedule. It also doesn't help that online gaming has killed any substance developers could put into a sports game.

Don't get suckered in... Just buy his jersey. From everything I heard Madden hasn't put out a good game since early to mid-2000s.

Well I'm not going to be buying day one release or anything. My limit is $20 for a video game.