SportsWrath

David Diehl says Flowers is like a meaner, nastier, more athletic Kareem McKenzie

BleedinBlue

Pretty high praise from Diehl as McKenzie was one of the toughest S.O.B.'s on the front line of the Giants' offense of all time. But according do Diehl, Flowers has the same attitude, but nastier and smoother. Considering that Flowers is still just a kid, that's a remarkable thing to say.

Their stats out of college are nearly identical in size, weight, and speed. Except that Flowers benched 225 37 times compared to McKenzie's 20.

Good read: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/05/ereck_flowers_vs_kareem_mckenzie_fair_comparison.html

"Flowers" is not a football name. This kid has bust written all over him.

Bill Cowher would never have drafted somebody named "Flowers." I mean, come on.

He's just sweet like that... after he pancakes defenders, he gives them Flowers.

"Flowers" is not a football name. This kid has bust written all over him.

Bill Cowher would never have drafted somebody named "Flowers." I mean, come on.

What's funny about that, is Cowher actually has drafted a guy named "Flowers" before.

1995 draft.

What's funny about that, is Cowher actually has drafted a guy named "Flowers" before.

1995 draft.

LOL Lee Flowers. I was wondering if anyone would remember that. I think he was on the Super Bowl team with Neil O'Donnell.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Move Flowers to RT so he can be that same kind of player

Not possible. That would require coaches and management to either admit they were wring about him, or grow a set and make a decision that might hurt little Ereck's feelings.

Not possible. That would require coaches and management to either admit they were wring about him, or grow a set and make a decision that might hurt little Ereck's feelings.

Maybe moving him to the right side can work wonders and when he gets better, he can be moved back to LT.

Refusing to build around an O-line and running game... making a right tackle your starting left tackle.

Dude... do the Giants think it's Opposite Day?

Reese is running out of people to blame.

Therefore, send not to know

For whom the bell tolls,

It tolls for thee.