SportsWrath

Giants vs. Bears - preseason week 2

CrazedDogs

Jones did his best Eli 2004 impression tonight.

Still good things from the offence, defence didn't look good at all...well the first unit anyways.

I hope Bettcher is just running some super vanilla shit and not trying to tip his hand before week one.

But then again what do you expect with a massive turnover in on the Dline and Secondary.

and I've only seen Carlock on special teams, what's up with that?

McIntosh seems to be getting a lot of snaps. He was in with second team, still in now. Not sure where he stands.

McIntosh from all the camp reports is making big strides of improvement.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Tomlinson is gone once he's off his rookie contract and the bigs are going to be BJ Hill, McIntosh and Lawrence on the Dline.

Carlock is going to have to impress on special teams to make the final 53, he's not fast enough to play his native position in the secondary but he's undersized and not strong enough to be a guy on the Dline/LB even in a back up role.

McIntosh from all the camp reports is making big strides of improvement.

I'm going out on a limb and saying Tomlinson is gone once he's off his rookie contract and the bigs are going to be BJ Hill, McIntosh and Lawrence on the Dline.

Carlock is going to have to impress on special teams to make the final 53, he's not fast enough to play his native position in the secondary but he's undersized and not strong enough to be a guy on the Dline/LB even in a back up role.

McIntosh is very inconsistent.... seen him in the dirt way too frequently, but then he'll show off his first step and you see why he could be something in the league.

Carlock may be a pipe dream, but I thought after making a couple great plays last week that he'd get more of an opportunity to show his stuff.... he did get lots of special teams reps so maybe he's further up the depth chart than it may seem.

Jones did his best Eli 2004 impression tonight.

Still good things from the offence, defence didn't look good at all...well the first unit anyways.

I hope Bettcher is just running some super vanilla shit and not trying to tip his hand before week one.

But then again what do you expect with a massive turnover in on the Dline and Secondary.

The fumbles were pretty sloppy (especially the first one), but other than that he played every bit as well as he did last week.... love what I'm seeing from Jones. As a pure thrower of the football, he's the best we've had since Collins (albeit not in the same way... Collins had a cannon). And he seems to have more going on upstairs too.

I think what Bettcher is doing is very scheme-based and that we haven't really seen 'it' yet (including regular season 2018). I really like what they're going for.... you know, the league has evolved to this real quick passing game, 2.5 seconds or less and the ball is out. We wring our hands about edge rushers, but I don't think defense is about beating the OL off the snap and getting the quick rush anymore, because the ball is already out. Instead the Giants are stacking the D towards coverage, and the DL is loaded with guys who will consistently compress the pocket. They're going to manufacture pass rush with good coverage, deception, twists and stunts.

Although, about edge rushers..... Golden showed off the same first step he had back when he was a 10+ sack guy in AZ, and Carter finally, right after I talked shit about him in the game thread, brought some of the skills to bear that we've heard about from practice reports.

It pains me to say it, but Jones' ball placement is better than Eli's ever was. He hits his man in stride every play... with Eli they're reaching high, behind them, slowing down/changing their route on the deep throw, etc.

Two preseason games is too early to tell anything in the long run but Jones' may end up being a very good QB for us.

It pains me to say it, but Jones' ball placement is better than Eli's ever was. He hits his man in stride every play... with Eli they're reaching high, behind them, slowing down/changing their route on the deep throw, etc.

Two preseason games is too early to tell anything in the long run but Jones' may end up being a very good QB for us.

yeah..... doesn't pain me a bit though, Jones is really an accurate thrower. I didn't expect that based on his college tape at all.

I mean, I get that its just pre-season, but between the games and practice Jones has been on the money way too frequently to just be getting lucky out there. You can't fake what he's doing, he can clearly throw the football on the NFL level.

yeah..... doesn't pain me a bit though, Jones is really an accurate thrower. I didn't expect that based on his college tape at all.

I mean, I get that its just pre-season, but between the games and practice Jones has been on the money way too frequently to just be getting lucky out there. You can't fake what he's doing, he can clearly throw the football on the NFL level.

The thing is most QBs can throw the football at the NFL level, these guys have done nothing but throw the football since they were kids.

Eli might not of been the most accurate but when it mattered he made the throw when it won the game, and knew where to throw it.

This is what separates the elite QBs from the others, they can make the throws and the plays when the team needs it and can elevate the entire team around them.

When Jones gets punched in the face and has to make the 4th down and 10 throw we will see who Jones really is.

Until then he's the back up, who has played some promising pre-season football.