SportsWrath

So Eli Apple

BlueInCanada

Can his new name be "Mr.Third down"

Because it's pretty much automatic for any team throwing his way on third.

Fucking kid still needs alot of time to grow.

LOL!

Carlos Webster. Carlos Webster. Carlos Webster. I invoke the spirit of 2007 Carlos Webster.

LOL!

Carlos Webster. Carlos Webster. Carlos Webster. I invoke the spirit of 2007 Carlos Webster.

I mean that's my hope.

I loved Webby and defended him to the death when it looked like he was as good as cut after his benching.

CB is one of the hardest positions to adapt to coming from college to the NFL, next to QB, from what I've read and it takes a usual three or four years before a guy even has a grasp of it, obviously some picking it up quicker than others.

I just feel a project CB wasnt a big priority, which was my main gripe when he was drafted.

He could become the next Revis, but when you are trying to win a SB before the window closes, a project player isnt going to help much, if at all.

He looked so good last year too. I don't get it.

Teams have a year of game tape on him.

When they can now see what he does/doesnt do right, they can plan around it.

When they are a rookie it's a crap shoot mostly.

Like at Flowers, he looked solid his first year, but after seeing what he lacked (any sort of technique) teams were able to plan against that and beat him like a drum.

Didn't that bench Jack a few times though?

I thought I read that he's been absolutely horrible.

He struggled last year and didn't play much. This year he took posluszny's spot on nickel, is getting 8 tackles a game, has a td, is covering running backs well and had some crazy streak of consecutive snaps played without missing a tackle but I don't know if he kept it going today.

He struggled last year and didn't play much. This year he took posluszny's spot on nickel, is getting 8 tackles a game, has a td, is covering running backs well and had some crazy streak of consecutive snaps played without missing a tackle but I don't know if he kept it going today.

They put that 40 something number on his uniform and he got exponentially faster

They take him out for passing plays though from what i've seen he's a horrible liability in coverage since his lateral movement if next to that of a punters.

He's best when he's lined up and told to go wreck the backfield.

He'll probably get better but from what I've read he still hasnt really lived up to any of his pre-draft hype or really out performed anyone on the Giants roster.

They take him out for passing plays though from what i've seen he's a horrible liability in coverage since his lateral movement if next to that of a punters.

He's best when he's lined up and told to go wreck the backfield.

He'll probably get better but from what I've read he still hasnt really lived up to any of his pre-draft hype or really out performed anyone on the Giants roster.

I dont know what you're reading but it's almost like you're talking about a different player. Pos comes off the field when they aren't in their base set. Jack and smith stay on in nickel and their nickel package is the best in football. His speed and quickness is way above average. Bell caught ten passes for 46 yards today because smith, jack, and Colvin can close on any running back immediately. I'd take jack over any linebacker we have and you honestly can't do any better than the jack/smith combo as far as nickel linebackers go

I mean that's my hope.

I loved Webby and defended him to the death when it looked like he was as good as cut after his benching.

CB is one of the hardest positions to adapt to coming from college to the NFL, next to QB, from what I've read and it takes a usual three or four years before a guy even has a grasp of it, obviously some picking it up quicker than others.

I just feel a project CB wasnt a big priority, which was my main gripe when he was drafted.

He could become the next Revis, but when you are trying to win a SB before the window closes, a project player isnt going to help much, if at all.

Perhaps you missed over the years the number of times DRC was in and out of games, especially last season. I don't understand the logic of moving DRC to safety at any point. He doesn't have the durability. Instead of complaining about Eli Apple, think about who besides Eli Apple would be out there. Eli Apple had some bad plays and it is correctable.