SportsWrath

Since this team is done for the year

jranieli

What do you guys think is going to happen before the last game of the year? Obviously Jerry will not be fired and Omar probably wont be fired either. I am talking about the players. There are some guys on this team that might be valuable to a team fighting for a playoff spot. Sheffield, Livian, Schneider, Redding, Church, and Cora are some guys who might become available before the end of the trade deadline. What do you think?

I would keep guys like Cora who could be valuable if we resurrect in 2010.

Sheff is really the only guy I would trade that would warrant at least something.

I don't know what we're going to do this off-season. Our farm sucks, so we need to start stockpiling our draft picks. By doing that we can't keep signing prized free agents. I just want this team to go in a direction.

And yes, I would listen to offers for Reyes. I wouldn't look to trade him but if we can get some serious value in return Omar should consider it.

I would keep guys like Cora who could be valuable if we resurrect in 2010.

Sheff is really the only guy I would trade that would warrant at least something.

I don't know what we're going to do this off-season. Our farm sucks, so we need to start stockpiling our draft picks. By doing that we can't keep signing prized free agents. I just want this team to go in a direction.

And yes, I would listen to offers for Reyes. I wouldn't look to trade him but if we can get some serious value in return Omar should consider it.

If they are going to do something and give up on the season then trading Sheff, with the season he has had would probably get us a couple of good prospects. I wouldn't trade Reyes, though. We have no heir apparent to him right now. Even though he is hurt, a trade of Delgado near the deadline, particularly if he looks like he is doing well in his rehab assignment in Port St Lucie at the time (which is probably what he will be doing) could very well net us something of value. Church is another I would explore a market for.

If they are going to do something and give up on the season then trading Sheff, with the season he has had would probably get us a couple of good prospects. I wouldn't trade Reyes, though. We have no heir apparent to him right now. Even though he is hurt, a trade of Delgado near the deadline, particularly if he looks like he is doing well in his rehab assignment in Port St Lucie at the time (which is probably what he will be doing) could very well net us something of value. Church is another I would explore a market for.

If we could attain Reyes' heir in the trade would you consider it then?

Think about it. A Future ace. A solid SS. And a future 1b slugger. Would you do that?

It'd be tough to at least not consider.

If we could attain Reyes' heir in the trade would you consider it then?

Think about it. A Future ace. A solid SS. And a future 1b slugger. Would you do that?

It'd be tough to at least not consider.

Yes, I would definitely consider it in that case.

There was a scathing article in yesterdays Ny Daily News about the Mets farm system. I cannot reiterate it enough, this franchise from top to bottom is suffering from what happened in 2007. It happened to the Phils post 64 and is happening now to the Mets. What we are contemplating now should have in essence been done 2 years ago. A real indictment of Omar Minaya here, enjoy the read if you don't :puke: first....

Adam Rubin

Okay so far, Murphy has two hits, actually two doubles. He is looking a little more focused at the plate tonight and jumped on pitches that he has not hit as of late. I will bet anyone on this board, that Manuel will bench him tomorrow.

Okay so far, Murphy has two hits, actually two doubles. He is looking a little more focused at the plate tonight and jumped on pitches that he has not hit as of late. I will bet anyone on this board, that Manuel will bench him tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Today's Lineup courtesy of MetsBlog:

Luis Castillo will bat leadoff tonight, followed in order by Nick Evans in left field, David Wright, Gary Sheffield in right field, Fernando Tatis at first base, Ryan Church in center field, Omir Santos behind the plate and Alex Cora at shortstop.

We might be able to get something for Sheff if there's an AL team that needs a DH. He's actually having a pretty good year at the plate, far better than what I expected.

No one wants to take on the payroll this year. If the Mets want to move Sheff, they have to eat most of his contract.

oh did he? then, no problem. :rolleyes:

i thought he signed for 10 mill. i'm mixing him up with someone.

Well, his contract says $14 mil from the Tigers. They released him willing to pay that amount. I think they are paying the bulk of that salary. I thought the Mets signed him pretty cheap with escalators/incentives... which I'm sure he's reaching. Somebody help me out here, because I haven't been able to find the details of his deal.