SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

How are they doing? Still playing well and in a wildcard race?

They are 5 games out now behind the Cubs... but they shit the bed losing 3 games to the Braves then 3 to the Cubs... it really is a long shot for them to make it to the playoffs now... especially since the bullpen is fucking bullshit.

Last night they get into the 8th inning up by one they bring in Lugo who is legit the only fucking arm they have in the bullpen come in for a 6 out save.. he pitches the 8th, 1-2-3 inning 10 pitches...

then the Mets hang 5 runs in the 9th so they sit Lugo and bring in Sewald who actually has been pitching well..

he gives up 4 fucking runs on 4 hits and they bring in Diaz.. that fucker gives up a hit, and then gives up a 3 run HR to lose the game.

It was the type of shit show loss that could have just ended the season for the Mets... Everything can go right for them in a game, but if any reliever not named Lugo touches the ball there is no confidence.

Damn..that sucks. They were right in the hunt before i had surgery....what a difference a week makes.

Probably not enough games left to make it. Too many teams ahead of them. Theud have to win a lot and hope two teams lose a lot. Mathematically they still have a shot, bit its probably over

They are keeping it interesting that is for sure... They are 2 games back.. They have 2 hard series coming up, Dodgers and then Braves as the last series of the year, but both of those teams have their playoff spots locked, so there is a chance they are not going to really be pressing in those series.

In between those series it is Rockies, Reds and Marlins... so pretty light work in there

Its definitely not out of reach. They just need to take care of themselves and hope for some help from other teams. But they need to just keep winning. The dbacks wins are big.

If nothing else, it gives us a lot to look forward to in the Spring. Get 2 arms in the bullpen and the playoffs will be a lock

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

They had to fire Beltran. If I were a Mets fan I’d be pleasantly surprised they did it. Usually the Mets are so dysfunctional. They did the right thing and did it timely as well. Bravo metropolitans 

They should not have hired him to begin with...   how was part of the interview process not finding out his involvement in the sign stealing, it has been a known thing for months if not years.  I guess maybe Beltran lied to ownership, and that in itself is worth firing him for.

We do not know all the details and how Beltran as a player is different from all the other players who are getting no punishment.

But at the end of the day, I really did not want to see him as manager anyway...

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Waited all that time for same old Mets...   DeGrom is an absolute machine, pull him out after 6 innings with a pitch count under 80...   let the bullpen lose the game.   The bats struggle all game but give a little bit of hope in the 9th.   It is a long season and can't get too wrapped up in an opening game loss, but I was hoping for more

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Mets off to a decent 7-4 start and head the division even with a few games cancelled. I’ll take that. Let’s see if they can build on it.

While I am happy to see them winning these games...   still leaving a lot of guys on base but the pitching is holding up.  Stroman is a legit ACE, only being on the same team with DeGrom has him being a number 2.

I only hope to see Diaz pitch and not hold my breath the entire fucking time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great comeback win for the Mets against the Braves. i thought Megill pitched very well with 8 SO until that rocket from Albies in the 5th for 3 runs.

but what a strike from McCann when we really needed it in the 7th.

i love it when we beat the Braves ....especially in that fashion