SportsWrath

Time to revive this page

Allstarjim

• 3 weeks later...

Who would have thought they would get this far? I was down on them most of the year, actually for a few years now. I wonder if they can repeat their pitching performance, it is possible.

Understandable, we have been stung by them so many times before. The collapses, the weird ways they lost games, the Madoff scandal, the awful free agent signings, and now here we are. All of that in the past. I honestly was just watching them celebrate last night, and I was in utter disbelief, like suspended reality. Could this really happen to... THE METS?! Am I in the Twilight Zone? No, that's not Rod Serling, that's Ernie Johnson... <pinches myself> Holy shit, I think this is real life! The freaking Mets are going to the Fall Classic. NLCS Champs!

We are playing with house money, boys... and Terry is going to set that rotation for Tuesday night and whoever it might be, they better be ready for a team that is playing with a ton of confidence, a team that believes in themselves, and will not be denied!

I think Terry sets the rotation like this:

GM 1: deGrom

GM 2: Harvey

GM 3: Syndergaard

GM 4: Matz

In a 7-game series they'd get deGrom, Harvey, and Syndergaard twice. That is no fun for anyone except the Mets and their fans!

Thanks, fringe! I know you know what this feels like. And it feels pretty magical. Or that's the mushrooms.

It really looks like they followed the Giants formula- and maybe perfected it a little. Comparing the 2010 Giants to the 2015 Mets-

Great starting pitching- Mets get edge

Great Middle Relief- Giants Edge (Mets haven't needed it much)

Great coaching- Give Bochy the edge only because of his resume

Timely hitting- Mets big edge (tough to predict a Cody Ross is going to carry your team)

I dislike the Royals-but they are tough- young, strong, athletic. If they get in, it will be a tough one. Toronto I think would be no match.

Toronto's power is intimidating. I also think R.A. Dickey would be very effective against the Mets, especially in his first start. I'm really rooting for the Royals, even though I think they will be tough to beat as well. They are a well-balanced team.

Tough to navigate that Toronto lineup so many times and not get hurt, and hurt badly by Tulo, Donaldson, Bautista, Encarnacion, even Colabello. Kind of ridiculous that they had 3 guys hit 41, 40, and 39 homeruns this year in Donaldson, Bautista, and Encarnacion. I think the Royals' lineup is deeper but the Blue Jays have just tremendous power. I trust our pitching to pitch around a walk and a single, but with the Blue Jays you don't pitch around the long ball.

• 2 weeks later...

Mets fans? Are you still watching?.....

Tough one last night- really believe Collins blew it with his "bullpen guys" Not hard to see that the Royals feast on righties, any righty. Don't know how many lefties are in the Mets pen but he should have used them to protect the lead. You can't run the playoffs like the regular season. Just ask Matt Williams and Donnie Baseball

Yeah I watched the whole thing. Not sad the Mets lost, but fuck did they have to fold like that? Disgusted to watch, yet again, go in the 9th up 2-0, and fuck the dog AGAIN. Fucking Lucas Duda, who didn't do shit all series, if he makes something even resembling a major league throw home it's a double play and the Mets win the game. And for fuck's sake I don't know if Flores, Lagares, Cespedes, or half of these other guys even know how to draw a walk. David Wright will swing on something out of the zone on a 3-0 count down two runs with 2 out and nobody on in the 9th. Seriously. Honestly, I wouldn't care of they blew up the whole thing save Granderson, Conforto and the pitching. I know I'm pretty irrational right now but watching them blow that many games in this series that they should've won... Honestly 3 out of those 4 wins by KC should have gone the other way. Fucking Murphy, Cespedes, Duda all forget how to catch and throw. :puke:

Yeah I watched the whole thing. Not sad the Mets lost, but fuck did they have to fold like that? Disgusted to watch, yet again, go in the 9th up 2-0, and fuck the dog AGAIN. Fucking Lucas Duda, who didn't do shit all series, if he makes something even resembling a major league throw home it's a double play and the Mets win the game. And for fuck's sake I don't know if Flores, Lagares, Cespedes, or half of these other guys even know how to draw a walk. David Wright will swing on something out of the zone on a 3-0 count down two runs with 2 out and nobody on in the 9th. Seriously. Honestly, I wouldn't care of they blew up the whole thing save Granderson, Conforto and the pitching. I know I'm pretty irrational right now but watching them blow that many games in this series that they should've won... Honestly 3 out of those 4 wins by KC should have gone the other way. Fucking Murphy, Cespedes, Duda all forget how to catch and throw. :puke:

Yeah- I would say there's a few guys playing , out of position on that team. Murphy does not look at all like a 2nd baseman, yet he made some great plays in the NLCS. Maybe he's the type that carries his at bat onto the field. The fastest thing they can do, IMO, would be to shore up the bullpen, especially with some lefties. I think they were a year ahead of themselves, like the Cubs so this was all gravy.

Yeah- I would say there's a few guys playing , out of position on that team. Murphy does not look at all like a 2nd baseman, yet he made some great plays in the NLCS. Maybe he's the type that carries his at bat onto the field. The fastest thing they can do, IMO, would be to shore up the bullpen, especially with some lefties. I think they were a year ahead of themselves, like the Cubs so this was all gravy.

This... I am satisfied with a Pennant this year... next year or two needs a Series Win... I do think if they had held on to win that first game they would still be playing... but they ran out of gas and no left hand pitching.

• 5 months later...