SportsWrath

So Eli Apple

BlueInCanada

A good move for the future of this team would be to make Gallman the starter for the rest of the season. Find out if the kid can carry the workload because that eliminates a draft need. They also need to see what guys like Avery Moss can do because JPP is simply not the same player. And they have to get out of the Vernon contract eventually, too. Hate to think about it because he's one of my favorite players, but DRC should probably be gone too as the Giants have to seek to get younger (read: cheaper) and more dynamic and physical on that side of the ball. The 2016 contracts are going to hurt the future of this team.

A good move for the future of this team would be to make Gallman the starter for the rest of the season. Find out if the kid can carry the workload because that eliminates a draft need. They also need to see what guys like Avery Moss can do because JPP is simply not the same player. And they have to get out of the Vernon contract eventually, too. Hate to think about it because he's one of my favorite players, but DRC should probably be gone too as the Giants have to seek to get younger (read: cheaper) and more dynamic and physical on that side of the ball. The 2016 contracts are going to hurt the future of this team.

Agreed.

I've heard they're really only tied to the JPP and Vernon contracts next season, though I'm not sure that's actually true (I heard it on a fan podcast). Honestly though... shit running defense aside... JPP looks like JPP. Ever since the year Coughlin played him 4 weeks removed from back surgery, he's been a slow starter that doesn't really do anything till week 8. He's also always injured and has two right now.

He might turn it on or might get injured and be on IR for the last 6 games. That's JPP.

Yeah reading between the lines I think that's what DRC is pissed about. I think that guy we picked up from the Steelers got the start on the outside over him.

I don't think DRC is pissed that Apple got benched. I think he is pissed that Apple is out there and DRC could be doing a better job at it. I think DRC is still better than Apple at this point and while Apple is still not as good as DRC is, Apple should be facing slot receivers. They have Cockrell out there and DRC playing safety in some packages. DRC is not a safety, he does not like to tackle and doesn't have the durability for the position.