SportsWrath

Jeff Fisher is awesome

Treehugger

Jeff Fisher trolls Redskins during opening coin toss
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Dec. 7, 2014 at 05:46 p.m.
  • Updated: Dec. 7, 2014 at 07:51 p.m.

Jeff Fisher's troll game is as potent as his team's defense right now.

Prior to the Rams' 24-0 win over the Redskins on Sunday, Fisher sent Janoris Jenkins, Michael Brockers, Zac Stacy, Stedman Bailey, Greg Robinson, and Alec Ogletree to midfield for the coin toss. All six of those players were acquired as a result of the Rams' blockbuster Robert Griffin III trade with the Redskins in 2012.

It was a subtle, deft punking by the Rams head coach. How subtle? The individual operating the Redskins' Vine account merrily posted the midfield proceedings, unaware of its historic significance between the two teams.

http://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/AFADF9EFEA1153438021178290176_38916d2d78c.1.1.3836938253198270653.mp4?versionId=F2jGIEj_kpgWuYIn9zkdznnOmMDP9Gl_

Speaking of Griffin, the benched would-be franchise savior actually saw some action when Colt McCoy was shaken up late in the game. This is not how the Redskins drew it up.

Man, Tree, I don't think that's awesome, I think that's rather douchey. It was a gentleman's agreement, the trade, so why flaunt and brag about the players you got from it? Maybe I'm uninformed and the Redskins talked shit about the Rams back when RGIII was lighting the league on fire, or something? This is like winning a hand in poker and shoving it down the throat of the only other guy that was in on the hand with you.

Man, Tree, I don't think that's awesome, I think that's rather douchey. It was a gentleman's agreement, the trade, so why flaunt and brag about the players you got from it? Maybe I'm uninformed and the Redskins talked shit about the Rams back when RGIII was lighting the league on fire, or something? This is like winning a hand in poker and shoving it down the throat of the only other guy that was in on the hand with you.

It's douchey as hell but it's also hilarious. I agree thee must be something more to it because why would you openly trash a team you did business with in front of the whole league like that otherwise?

Yeah... smacks of Low Class to me... I always believed that the best revenge is the one served cold...without the gleeful maniacal laughs; snickering; snide comments... I am a true student of Machiavelli... todays enemies are tomorrow's friends and vice versa... ;)

Well Jeff might find himself not able to get a sit at certain country clubs in the future... NFL owners are like elephants/whales with their memories... woe betide the coach that crosses the line with one of them and then ends up on the downside... They will ensure you never get back up...

Fischer is one damn fine coach, so I doubt he did this purely for the humor of it. He was putting it on the bulletin board for his own team, and in particular those six players - 'they didn't think you were good enough'....

Well Jeff might find himself not able to get a sit at certain country clubs in the future... NFL owners are like elephants/whales with their memories... woe betide the coach that crosses the line with one of them and then ends up on the downside... They will ensure you never get back up...

This assumes that Dan Snyder is well-liked.... but everybody hates that dick.

Fischer is one damn fine coach, so I doubt he did this purely for the humor of it. He was putting it on the bulletin board for his own team, and in particular those six players - 'they didn't think you were good enough'....

This assumes that Dan Snyder is well-liked.... but everybody hates that dick.

It's not like the Redskins passed on them. They traded their picks for the guy they wanted. That's what makes it douchey, the Skins had nothing to do with those players. It's just rubbing it in their face because those players happened to produce and RGIII has had an up and down career.

It's not like the Redskins passed on them. They traded their picks for the guy they wanted. That's what makes it douchey, the Skins had nothing to do with those players. It's just rubbing it in their face because those players happened to produce and RGIII has had an up and down career.

Exactly... Jeff Fisher has always been a clueless ...classless prick in my opinion.

true, but thats not how its going to play in their own locker room.

Exactly... Jeff Fisher has always been a clueless ...classless prick in my opinion.

He is Gregg Williams' butt buddy, so you're probably right about that.

But the man knows how to get a football team to play for him.

And will continue to have an up and down career because he sucks

I feel kind of bad for RGIII, I thought he would turn out to be a good player. But as soon as he was the 'Skins pick, I knew how it would go for him.

Yeah there are teams where you know if a player gets drafted his career is already over. Raiders are another one. Anyone think gallery would have been better anywhere else?

I feel kind of bad for RGIII, I thought he would turn out to be a good player. But as soon as he was the 'Skins pick, I knew how it would go for him.

Yeah there are teams where you know if a player gets drafted his career is already over. Raiders are another one. Anyone think gallery would have been better anywhere else?

He was used and abused...especially after his knee was destroyed and they rushed him back... :TD:

No, it was a correct, to the letter of the rule call to overturn the TD. It only aesthetically looked like a TD.

Am I the only one who remembers a similar but somewhat more clear cut play going against the Giants? I can't recall exactly who or when, but when I saw the ball come out of RGIII's hands on the replay, I instantly thought 'here we go, we got screwed on this once, its time to get even.... Giants ball on the 20'. Or end of half, whatever.

No, it was a correct, to the letter of the rule call to overturn the TD. It only aesthetically looked like a TD.

Am I the only one who remembers a similar but somewhat more clear cut play going against the Giants? I can't recall exactly who or when, but when I saw the ball come out of RGIII's hands on the replay, I instantly thought 'here we go, we got screwed on this once, its time to get even.... Giants ball on the 20'. Or end of half, whatever.

Can't remember what year, but it was against Pittsburgh when Kordell Stewart was their QB.

• 2 weeks later...

And its a little sickening how the new coaching staff has already tossed him under the bus too.

he was an awful hire from day 1. i would say that i'm not sure what they were thinking but this is dan snyder we're talking about