SportsWrath

Just got in from the Parade

GorillaNJ

I was at both the parade and the Stadium event. The parade was good because it was the first "Canyon of Heroes" parade I ever went to, but it was a little subdued where I was (around Maiden Lane). As some have said already, I think it was because there were so many floats with non-players on them that you couldn't tell who half the players were, and also the floats were spaced out so far apart that I kept having to take my son off my shoulders out of exhaustion. Did not see Plax at the parade, either, but he was at the Stadium and the crowd was absolutely loving him. Of course, he encouraged us on by bowing about 5 times and waving his hands. The Stadium event was great. Lotta love in the house, and it was a more intimate crowd.

Im jealous. I would have LOVED to be in that stadium.

:rock:

I was at both the parade and the Stadium event. The parade was good because it was the first "Canyon of Heroes" parade I ever went to, but it was a little subdued where I was (around Maiden Lane). As some have said already, I think it was because there were so many floats with non-players on them that you couldn't tell who half the players were, and also the floats were spaced out so far apart that I kept having to take my son off my shoulders out of exhaustion. Did not see Plax at the parade, either, but he was at the Stadium and the crowd was absolutely loving him. Of course, he encouraged us on by bowing about 5 times and waving his hands. The Stadium event was great. Lotta love in the house, and it was a more intimate crowd.

That is where I should have went. My buddy wanted to take his kid and that was cool, so we did not do the partying thing, plus last night we were like "hey man we cannot party in the Giants Stadium parking lot on a Tuesday afternoon with work the next day". Now I am like "wait we do it every Sunday with work the next day and go much later and deeper too".

Oh well, guess I will have to wait till we get our rings the first Thursday night in Sept

Did you chastise him for waving his arms? Did this upset Eli?

:P

Im jealous. I would have LOVED to be in that stadium.

:rock:

That is where I should have went. My buddy wanted to take his kid and that was cool, so we did not do the partying thing, plus last night we were like "hey man we cannot party in the Giants Stadium parking lot on a Tuesday afternoon with work the next day". Now I am like "wait we do it every Sunday with work the next day and go much later and deeper too".

Oh well, guess I will have to wait till we get our rings the first Thursday night in Sept

Yeah, the Stadium was great. People were definitely tailgating and having a good time. I hear you, though, about the guilt factor. The concession stands were open and my wife said, "Wanna get a beer?" As much as I wanted to, it just felt weird, it not being a game and in the middle of the week and all.

I was there at the parade... I got there late :( because I made up for sleep lost the night before. I met a few Giants fans on the train and when I got there it was packed.. kindda hard for someone my height or any height for that matter to get a good view of anything.

What struck me was the sea of fans all wearing Giants colors.. I felt right at home.

I didn't like the floats being so far apart.. didn't like the players not wearing their Jersey's to know who's who. I mean those familiar faces were spotted easily.. but for the most part it was a bit difficult. Then people on floats whom are not players.. wtf.. except for one HOT chick on one of those sight-seeing buses....

I took a few pictures and when I download them, I will upload them here.

I was there at the parade... I got there late :( because I made up for sleep lost the night before. I met a few Giants fans on the train and when I got there it was packed.. kindda hard for someone my height or any height for that matter to get a good view of anything.

What struck me was the sea of fans all wearing Giants colors.. I felt right at home.

I didn't like the floats being so far apart.. didn't like the players not wearing their Jersey's to know who's who. I mean those familiar faces were spotted easily.. but for the most part it was a bit difficult. Then people on floats whom are not players.. wtf.. except for one HOT chick on one of those sight-seeing buses....

I took a few pictures and when I download them, I will upload them here.

I CAN CONCUR! That bitch was hot.

Yeah, the Stadium was great. People were definitely tailgating and having a good time. I hear you, though, about the guilt factor. The concession stands were open and my wife said, "Wanna get a beer?" As much as I wanted to, it just felt weird, it not being a game and in the middle of the week and all.

My friend just called me, said "we shoulda went to the Stadium, we needed one more tailgate". Could have gotten there at 11, fired up the old grill(sadly packed away Sunday morning Dec 29th) and watched the parade as we ate and drank. Oh well, I can always say I was there in Manhattan that day in Feb 08 I guess.

Quite frankly I am worn out from this, I had been drinking since Friday night and the cross country flight yesterday did not help, plus the emotions of it. Not to mention,if I came home shit faced tonight I think my wife might have actually been pissed. She actually worked today(albeit from home) and of course I called and basically told them to fuck off until Wednesday.

They were selling beer huh? What sections did they have opened up? DId they having seating in the west end zone or east end zone?

I CAN CONCUR! That bitch was hot.

I saw that and I agree, where the fuck did she come from?. Those buses were annoying me until she showed up.

Did you see the bus where there was only one family on top and the lady was holding up the sign"GERRIS WILKINSON'S FAMILY #59). That was funny.

I saw that and I agree, where the fuck did she come from?. Those buses were annoying me until she showed up.

Did you see the bus where there was only one family on top and the lady was holding up the sign"GERRIS WILKINSON'S FAMILY #59). That was funny.

Yes I did and I could have sworn that Wilkinson/Michael Johnson or Hixon

were on the same float cause on every float they had someone who looked

like them.

That bitch was holding up some myspace thing too, I gotta check it out. I just

wish I could remember the site.

Boohyah, were you near Rector St?

Yes I did and I could have sworn that Wilkinson/Michael Johnson or Hixon

were on the same float cause on every float they had someone who looked

like them.

That bitch was holding up some myspace thing too, I gotta check it out. I just

wish I could remember the site.

Boohyah, were you near Rector St?

I really don't know. Let me ask you, where'd you take that photo of pierce, because if it was outside Chase bank then I was across the street, under some scaffolding.

I really don't know. Let me ask you, where'd you take that photo of pierce, because if it was outside Chase bank then I was across the street, under some scaffolding.

No it wasn't outside a Chase Bank. I was across the street from the American

Express building if that helps.

That is where I was, down from some cafe place, there was a set of steps behind us. Was cool had it rained, but afterwards I thought of the dangers of standing underneath scaffolding that people were hanging on and what not.